PDA

View Full Version : Road Charges puhoi -> orewa?

John
5th April 2005, 20:37
:angry2: Just heard of this on prime news update, I missed the main news but what is this shit, first fuel now road polls :@ 1.80$ to get on that shit arse road of shit crap arse :angry2:

Did anyone else post this, I cant think straight at the moment.

John
5th April 2005, 20:41
This road? (http://wises.co.nz/map/default.asp?id=60244%7C2%2C+56633%7C2&svctype=4&rf=dVLrpiJgIcrOYQLGTlEcN&bf=bVLrpiJgIcrOYQLGTlEcN&d=14+km+522+m+&dn=14522&zoom=1&mapaction=0&mapwhich=0&width=512&height=512&businesses=2&brad=20&color=-1&filled=0&e=2660120&n=6520480&routemethod=1&s_id=&radius=&mapsize=1&move=true&zoomin=true)

Ixion
5th April 2005, 20:44
This road? (http://wises.co.nz/map/default.asp?id=60244%7C2%2C+56633%7C2&svctype=4&rf=dVLrpiJgIcrOYQLGTlEcN&bf=bVLrpiJgIcrOYQLGTlEcN&d=14+km+522+m+&dn=14522&zoom=1&mapaction=0&mapwhich=0&width=512&height=512&businesses=2&brad=20&color=-1&filled=0&e=2660120&n=6520480&routemethod=1&s_id=&radius=&mapsize=1&move=true&zoomin=true)

No, it's a brand new road they're still building. Just a lot of clay and graders at the moment. You'll still be able to take the existing SH1 route for free. The new one bypasses the Orewa/Hatfields/Waiwera bottlenecks.

John
5th April 2005, 20:48
No, it's a brand new road they're still building. Just a lot of clay and graders at the moment. You'll still be able to take the existing SH1 route for free. The new one bypasses the Orewa/Hatfields/Waiwera bottlenecks.
lol, sorry I was'nt, thinking.

I know what they are on about now cool (Y)

TwoSeven
5th April 2005, 21:15
Personally I think they should charge everyone north of picton $1.80/day. Never mind just for using one road.

Aitch
5th April 2005, 21:41
it's a toll. YEAH RIGHT!

Bloody government sticking its hand into our wallet at every opportunity...and it's STILL ahead in the polls.....

John
6th April 2005, 00:08
Personally I think they should charge everyone north of picton $1.80/day. Never mind just for using one road.
Rugged bush anal.

SPman
6th April 2005, 00:25
As long as they charge everyone south of Picton $3.60 a day for the "privilege" of having wide open spaces.

Zapf
6th April 2005, 02:01
are they installing toll booths? or just use electronic devices?

cause in Melbourne motorcycles travel freee on toll ways, the arguement is that they can't find a place to fit those electronic devices safely and properly...

and I would rather take the twisties than sitting on the strights

crazylittleshit
6th April 2005, 03:35
they should put a tunnel through the taka's then there would be less cars on the road. (I HATE CARS) they get in my way. :angry2:
And some bastard thought it would be a good Idea to straighten the picock bastards. :whocares:

Motu
6th April 2005, 08:15
Ah,the good old days of tolls - that sorted the men from the boys at the toll booth.Bikes that commuted every day had a bulldog clip on the bars where they kept their 20 cent piece...it was a trick going through the booth....a bit of momentum,take the coin out of your mouth where it had been before you got on the motorway (booth opperators hated bikes for that reason),then with thick gloves try and make the pass with thick gloves,if you had a ropey running British bike that loaded up and stalled when 'off cam' and had such a tall first gear you had to slip the clutch up to 50kph - getting through the booth without having to stop and go through 'starting proceedure',it was a lucky day.Bring back the toll booth!!!

Lou Girardin
6th April 2005, 08:25
You got it Motu. Stop at the booth, get off the bike,, dig under several layers of clothes, find a $10 note, wait for change, tuck it away, rearrange all your gear, then ride off.
If all of us did that, how long before bikes become exempt?

Ixion
6th April 2005, 10:54
Ah,the good old days of tolls - that sorted the men from the boys at the toll booth.Bikes that commuted every day had a bulldog clip on the bars where they kept their 20 cent piece...it was a trick going through the booth....a bit of momentum,take the coin out of your mouth where it had been before you got on the motorway (booth opperators hated bikes for that reason),then with thick gloves try and make the pass with thick gloves,if you had a ropey running British bike that loaded up and stalled when 'off cam' and had such a tall first gear you had to slip the clutch up to 50kph - getting through the booth without having to stop and go through 'starting proceedure',it was a lucky day.Bring back the toll booth!!!

I used to arrange the clip so the 10 cent piece in was vertical, just by the front brake lever. And it'd just point to it as I stopped. About half the toll booth guys were decent and just plucked it out of the clip while I throttle blipped like mad (cos having a big single die at the booth was a pain - select neutral, wind the engine to compression, valve lifter, kickstart backup, humungeous follow through kick, scream with pain from nearly broken ankle cos of forgetting to retard the ignition, retard ignition, repeat process with ankle now throbbing like mad , doesn't start, sob miserably , repeat again, finally get started , curse toll booth jerk and his unknown parentage, into gear - more throttle blipping , off down the motorway, why is performance off, shit forgot to advance the ignition ) . The other half were miserable sodding c**nts who would just stare at me and insist that I *give* them the 10c piece. Whereupon the engine invariably died ,despite an almight blip to try to keep it going long enough to grab the coin and hand it over with clumsy gauntlets on. Whereupon the whole above starting torture had to be gone through. By which time there was a *long* queue behind one. I still remember with malice and hatred those sodding unhelpful toll booth guys (some were pretty good , but some were bastards). All for 10 cents (I'm fairly sure bikes were 10 cents and cars were 20)

crashe
6th April 2005, 11:13
Arent they thinking of charging $2 for this toll.....?

Also aren't they are deciding if they go ahead with it to get it all done ASAP then there is a $2 toll over the next 30 years.

If they decide to wait the extra few years it will be no charge.

Otherwise we all continue to go throu Orewa without the toll.

But either way I wont be paying no toll.

John
6th April 2005, 11:17
Arent they thinking of charging $2 for this toll.....?

Also aren't they are deciding if they go ahead with it to get it all done ASAP then there is a $2 toll over the next 30 years.

If they decide to wait the extra few years it will be no charge.

Otherwise we all continue to go throu Orewa without the toll.

Bring back the days of booth runs :D
Or all get one crusiers and simulate intimidating the little pimply dorks in the booths, just like the 70'/80's :D

But seriously if its not electronic then I supposed 80% of the toll goes towards maintenence and paying the operators of the booth.

scroter
6th April 2005, 11:47
They are in desperate need for this road and what happens. did anyone else notice that less than a week after road tax went up 5c a litre there talking about tolls. just after your wallet if you ask me. i know they need the road and i know the tolls only gonna pay for half of it but this just sounds like another excuse to rape and pilage us.

Ixion
6th April 2005, 11:51
Bring back the days of booth runs :D
Or all get one crusiers and simulate intimidating the little pimply dorks in the booths, just like the 70'/80's :D

Heh - Question for the old timers from Dorkland. What's the fastest you ever blasted through the toll booths at ? (having carefully removed or covered your rear number plate) .

I think my fastest was probably only about 60mph, but I know one guy who went through at 100+mph . Usually I was a good lad and stopped and paid the toll

Motu
6th April 2005, 12:16
Heh - Question for the old timers from Dorkland. What's the fastest you ever blasted through the toll booths at ? (having carefully removed or covered your rear number plate) .

I think my fastest was probably only about 60mph, but I know one guy who went through at 100+mph . Usually I was a good lad and stopped and paid the toll
There was always at least one cop car at the control office,I was never game to do a runner...I woulda broke down before I got too far...I have gone through ''en mass',but they tried to stop us riding en mass didn't they?

We ran out of gas towing a car over the bridge once late at night - we didn't give a damn,it was a bit of fun watching them buzz around in a flap and get us some gas to get going again.

T.I.E
6th April 2005, 12:46
i currently live in the puhoi area and commute into ak central. been doing that for years, was severly pissed off no end when they decided to lower the road speed down to 80kph from hatfields to other side of waiwera ( johnsons Hill). and then started trying to make the roads afer with numerous road works and different sealed surfaces. well bloody hell the problem was that people just don't know how to drive when they come to a corner.
it's calle driver education. and the 80kph well shit talk about taking the fun out of riding.

the new motorway will probably be tolled for a very very long time if not for ever.

i know one of the contractors on it and the stories i have been told about are amazing.

trainiees on d10's yes that is right a trainee driver driving a d10 dozer.

so much enviormental stuff its a joke. i saw a bird! shit move the motorway around it. oh no it flew away carry on.

it is probably one of new zealands most expensive roading jokes in all history.
and i'm gonna be paying for it for a long time.

sadly i have had enough of the usless rodeny council and have brought a little place in mt eden.

i'll miss the beauty of the area but not the politics or people.

Silage
6th April 2005, 13:21

Me neiva :2thumbsup

inlinefour
6th April 2005, 14:03

Reckon you should be charged $10-00 per day for trolling :msn-wink:

Lou Girardin
6th April 2005, 14:32

About 80k's, but I had red lights and siren going.

Ixion
6th April 2005, 14:54
About 80k's, but I had red lights and siren going.

Oh ,was that you behind me back then ?