PDA

View Full Version : Let There Be Light....

yungatart
23rd August 2009, 10:33
....but not in my blardy mirrors!

Why, oh, why am I blinded by the lights of SUV's following me every time I'm out at night? Seriously, these vehicles (most of which never go off road) are higher than your average family wagon and their headlights are at a perfect height to reflect in each and every mirror attached to my car!

Why are they not set lower so as to avoid this issue? It is as bad as being followed by someone with their headlights on full.

I don't seem to have the same problem when followed by a heavy truck.

Any ideas? (other than smashing headlights on every SUV I see)

Beemer
23rd August 2009, 10:44
I know the feeling! I've even pulled over and let the bastards pass as their lights are blinding even when on dip. I hate the people movers too, with about six Starship Enterprise lights across the front, plus fog lights!

Subarus with those blinding white driving lights that look like bloody spotlights under the bumper are also a pain in the arse.

crazyhorse
23rd August 2009, 11:19
you can always sell your vehicle and buy yourself a SUV tooooooo :rofl:

Maha
23rd August 2009, 11:27
Wear sunny's........:cool:

And shouldn't that be.......other than smashing headlights on every SUVIC?

FJRider
23rd August 2009, 11:32
Considering the amount of use mirrors actually are at night, just turn them in a bit at night. If you need to look ... you just have to lean forward a bit to see. But reflected light is not straight into your eyes.

chanceyy
23rd August 2009, 11:41
fj have to agree with you .. as you know tart I drive an suv, and I still get blinded by the lights at times, but I turn my rear vision mirror up/down (most have a wee lever on the back of the mirror so it can be adjusted) , which helps immensely & you can still see but without it blinding you. I have on occassions turned my outside rear vision mirrors just to deflect the light from my eyes ..