PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung NZ

carver
23rd August 2009, 20:25
:drool:
My friend had his hyo 650 comet drop 2 valves on the exhaust.
later the the other cyl did the same.

hyosung NZ gave him 2k worth of parts for free, even though the bike is out of warranty

thats ken from hyosung nz...
thats good service.

hyosung have updated their valves now too

1wheel riot
23rd August 2009, 20:32
ha its cos they dont wont to make a bad rep weres

Hiflyer
23rd August 2009, 20:51

They have an excellent reputation for paying out on any claims etc especially out of warranty. And you only ever hear about the lemons when the brand is new, there are plenty of well maintained examples that are going strong

Deano
23rd August 2009, 20:53
I've heard the specs for the 2010 far exceed the SV's.....

carver
23rd August 2009, 20:57
I've heard the specs for the 2010 far exceed the SV's.....

really.
like what?

Deano
23rd August 2009, 20:59
Fuel injection - 15 more HP than the 09 Hyosung. About 82HP......SV has about 70.

carver
23rd August 2009, 21:02
fuel injection - 15 more hp than the 09 hyosung. About 82hp......sv has about 70.

bang!!!!!!!!!

325rocket
23rd August 2009, 21:05
hyosung NZ gave him 2k worth of arts for free,

$2000.00 ... must be one hell of a painting !

Lurch
23rd August 2009, 21:13
bang!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like the smell of exploding FI'ed Hyobags in the morning!

tri boy
23rd August 2009, 21:15
Scotty and the team at Hyo NZ are the real McCoy.
The way national distributors used to be.
Approachable, realistic and back their product. Many could learn from them.
Don't forget Hyosung also have a 1000cc sportbike under development.

YellowDog
23rd August 2009, 21:18
$2000.00 ... must be one hell of a painting !
In these recessionary times, most get told "you're out of warrantee mate - do I look like I donate to charity cases? - Piss Off"

Great story. I still wouldn't buy one though (many do and are very happy).

mattian
23rd August 2009, 21:25
Fuel injection - 15 more HP than the 09 Hyosung. About 82HP......SV has about 70.

They stopped making the SV 650 in 2008 didn't they? its been superseded by the Gladius 650 which is the updated version. The Gladius specs would be on a par, if not superior, to the latest Hyosung........... running away to do some research.... get back to that later

Aaron_newrider
23rd August 2009, 21:28
I have also had a great experience dealing with Ken at Hyosung.

CookMySock
23rd August 2009, 21:35
Ditto. We had a cracked engine casing - we found a second-hand one, labour paid for by Hyosung NZ - was more than a grand. Out of warranty.

Steve

ducatilover
23rd August 2009, 21:41
They have an excellent reputation for paying out on any claims etc especially out of warranty. And you only ever hear about the lemons when the brand is new, there are plenty of well maintained examples that are going strong

Same with Hyundai's :rolleyes:

Quite nice to hear hyobag is treating it's customers right, I have no doubt with experience [which they already have a lot of] they will make some very good bikes

BiK3RChiK
23rd August 2009, 21:42
Yep, we've had them replace/pay for stuff out of warranty. Couldn't ask for more really! Big ups to them:2thumbsup

I'm motarded
23rd August 2009, 21:45
that is good service :2thumbsup

Hiflyer
23rd August 2009, 21:48
It's really good to finally hear some good things about hyosung rather than the verbal bashing they usually get.

Headbanger
23rd August 2009, 23:01
Jesus, These bikes sound like shit, That's quite an impressive list of major failures.

Good that your all so enamored by being looked after (though I know a number who were not) but wouldn't you be better off buying a bike that wasn't shit to start with?, Then your chances of major failure are going to be reduced and you would avoid the hassle. And what are you going to do next time it breaks?, Because its sure as hell is going to.

Throw it in a river?

Hiflyer
23rd August 2009, 23:04
It's really good to finally hear some good things about hyosung rather than the verbal bashing they usually get.

Jesus, These bikes sound like shit, That's quite an impressive list of major failures.

Good that your all so enamored by being looked after (though I know a number who were not) but wouldn't you be better off buying a bike that wasn't shit to start with?, Then your chances of major failure are going to be reduced and you would avoid the hassle. And what are you going to do next time it breaks?, Because its sure as hell is going to.

Throw it in a river?

I take it back then :lol:

Rayray401
23rd August 2009, 23:19
I agree with HB there, Id rather have shit customer service and never have to see them on my nice bike that never fails, than to have a bike that always fails and have great customer service.

Indiana_Jones
23rd August 2009, 23:40
Don't forget Hyosung also have a 1000cc sportbike under development.

And the Hyosung GT250P motogp bike also? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=88319)

-Indy

ital916
24th August 2009, 07:39
I think people should go to the maintenance section of kb and see how many non hyosung related threads and problems there are.

Its just like the honda slagging and harley slagging etc, once the majority cotton on it becomes norm.

ital916
24th August 2009, 07:40

Throw it in a river?

I'm sure your harley would work better as an anchor mate..:lol:

Oh wait, thats not to say your bike is shit, its just what everyone else says so I'm rolling with it....

Elysium
24th August 2009, 16:27

Throw it in a river?

But question is is, do you wave on your Harely?

tri boy
24th August 2009, 16:32
Headbanger should get in touch with reality a bit.
Charley Harrisons are not the most reliable bikes either.
How do I know? M/cycle mechanic for about two decades. (fecking sporties are real pieces of crap)MHO

Headbanger
24th August 2009, 17:17
Pffffttt.

Wank the fat one.

Anyone that reads this thread and thinks it paints your shitty Hyosungs in a good light is dreaming.

Buy quality and you wont need to have threads "thanking" them for support after their hand grenades went off.

The Stranger
24th August 2009, 17:32
hyosung NZ gave him 2k worth of parts for free, even though the bike is out of warranty

thats ken from hyosung nz...
thats good service.

hyosung have updated their valves now too

They have an excellent reputation for paying out on any claims etc especially out of warranty.

In these recessionary times, most get told "you're out of warrantee mate - do I look like I donate to charity cases? - Piss Off"

Great story. I still wouldn't buy one though (many do and are very happy).

I have also had a great experience dealing with Ken at Hyosung.

Ditto. We had a cracked engine casing - we found a second-hand one, labour paid for by Hyosung NZ - was more than a grand. Out of warranty.

Yes great service, it should be, you have paid dearly for it by buying cheap SHIT at exorbitant prices so they have lots of money from which to pay out. They couldn't survive with this kind of failure rate if they didn't have willing gullible suckers to fund them could they?

Enjoy your POS bikes suckers.

Hiflyer
24th August 2009, 17:34
Yes great service, it should be, you have paid dearly for it by buying cheap SHIT at exorbitant prices so they have lots of money from which to pay out. They couldn't survive with this kind of failure rate if they didn't have willing gullible suckers to fund them could they?

Enjoy your POS bikes suckers.

:crybaby: .

breakaway
24th August 2009, 17:56
Lolz looks like the hyo lovers just got told!

BiK3RChiK
24th August 2009, 18:05
Hyo basher forget that Jap bikes in the 70's and 80's were laughed out of town... Now, because they've 'gone through the process' and have come out better for it. I think that will happen with the Korean Hyosung also. Bash away... I say good on the Koreans! Long may they continue building and improving their bikes! They've got the styling too.

Elysium
24th August 2009, 18:12
They've got the styling too.
Nope. The Comet 650 looks like a rip off of a Ducati Monster and Speed Triple put together.

SixPackBack
24th August 2009, 18:12
:crybaby: .

The truth hurts son....fact is your average Hyosung couldn't pull a rapist off yer granny, they're about as reliable as a glad wrap condom [real men blow 'em up], and as cool as inviting the ginga to a bar-b-cue.

Ivan
24th August 2009, 18:22
The truth hurts son....fact is your average Hyosung couldn't pull a rapist off yer granny, they're about as reliable as a glad wrap condom [real men blow 'em up], and as cool as inviting the ginga to a bar-b-cue.

whats wrong with gingas? Are you being racist now

SixPackBack
24th August 2009, 18:26
whats wrong with gingas? Are you being racist now

"The Ginga".....The most hated copper in all Hazzard county.....Inviting him to your house would be social sucide [much like buying a hyosung].

Ivan
24th August 2009, 18:31
"The Ginga".....The most hated copper in all Hazzard county.....Inviting him to your house would be social sucide [much like buying a hyosung].

oh thats alright then I thought you ment us poor gignas in genral we aint really bad people

cave weta
24th August 2009, 18:37

What did he say?- somebody get Hitcher.:eek5:

gpcustom
24th August 2009, 18:39
when i gave up the dirt bike and wanted a road bike. worst thing i ever done was buy that pice of shit. thank god i came out ok i swaped it to the bike shop for a gsx600. Its only a 1990 tho but i didnt give a shit just wanted out of the hyo poo sack. So i agree with all the other hatters on here there CRAP:2guns:

Elysium
24th August 2009, 18:53
when i gave up the dirt bike and wanted a road bike. worst thing i ever done was buy that pice of shit. thank god i came out ok i swaped it to the bike shop for a gsx600. Its only a 1990 tho but i didnt give a shit just wanted out of the hyo poo sack. So i agree with all the other hatters on here they're CRAP:2guns:
Better work on the spelling and grammar before the hating friend. :nono: :laugh:

gpcustom
24th August 2009, 19:00
im not gana lose any sleep

gpcustom
24th August 2009, 19:07
i might not be the best speller here but im good at what i do take a look at my mufflers i made

Elysium
24th August 2009, 19:09
Nice. :niceone:

gpcustom
24th August 2009, 19:11
thanks:banana:. I like making bike bits and even car stuff. And i even made a muffler for the old poo sack would have been the best thing on it ...lol

Madness
24th August 2009, 19:13
i might not be the best speller here but im good at what i do take a look at my mufflers i made

That chain looks painfully tight.

Two Smoker
24th August 2009, 19:21

BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Awesome!

gpcustom
24th August 2009, 19:28
yea your right but id only jut put it back together and hadnt adjusted anything. but good spoting

pete376403
24th August 2009, 20:39
when i gave up the dirt bike and wanted a road bike. worst thing i ever done was buy that pice of shit. thank god i came out ok i swaped it to the bike shop for a gsx600. Its only a 1990 tho but i didnt give a shit just wanted out of the hyo poo sack. So i agree with all the other hatters on here there CRAP:2guns:
It would be nice to see Suzuki offer the same level of out-of-warranty support for DR650 transmission failures. But because they are superior in every way to Hyosung I guess they don't need to, or even for that matter, acknowledge there is a problem.
I also recall that Triumph, when they were just getting started with the Hinkley bikes in this country, even replaced at their own expense an engine (4 cyl 750) that blew up in racing - because they wanted to know what had failed. (Didn't do their reputation any harm, either). Now that they are wildly successful I would imagine there is little chance of this happening in future.
Good on Hyosung for standing behind their product.

The Stranger
24th August 2009, 20:57
That chain looks painfully tight.

The chicken strips look painfully fat.

tri boy
24th August 2009, 20:58
Maybe Spewsuki needs a lesson from Hyosung about recalls on frames and some suspension components also. (not to mention their child like attempts at wiring looms. Ever sliced a Bandit loom open? Fecking disgraceful. Tape haphazardly wrapped around unions on brand new bikes):thud: