PDA

View Full Version : Post classic McIntosh Bathurst Replica

Pixie
6th April 2005, 12:01
Does anyone know the name of the fellow who races the very tidy McIntosh B.R. I think it's ex Roger Freeth.
I think he has an engineering business in Pukekohe.
A phone number would be excellent.
cheers

Lou Girardin
6th April 2005, 12:28
Does anyone know the name of the fellow who races the very tidy McIntosh B.R. I think it's ex Roger Freeth.
I think he has an engineering business in Pukekohe.
A phone number would be excellent.
cheers

Why are you asking? Not a future sale is it?

speedpro
6th April 2005, 12:39
Allan Franklin I think

Pixie
6th April 2005, 12:48
Why are you asking? Not a future sale is it?
Might be,Just trying to determin market value

Pixie
6th April 2005, 12:50
Allan Franklin I think
Allan is the boss at Coleman's isn't he?
The guy I'm thinking of is some one else.

SPman
6th April 2005, 18:55
Dave Morley

Grumpy
6th April 2005, 19:33
SPman's got it right. There are a couple of them racing in post classic but Dave's got the genuine ex-Freeth one. I'd be surprised if he was going to sell it though.

Dave owns an engineering firm on the shore.

WINJA
6th April 2005, 20:25
SPman's got it right. There are a couple of them racing in post classic but Dave's got the genuine ex-Freeth one. I'd be surprised if he was going to sell it though.

Dave owns an engineering firm on the shore.
OH YEAH EVERYONES GOT THE GENUINE ONE. IN THE BLACK AND WHITE PIC IS MY REPLICA WITH ROGERS ORIGINAL, IN THE OTHER PIC ITS ME KILLING THAT SHITTER AT ROWES BURNOUT COMP IN 1990 I THINK , AT THEIR OLD STORE. I CRASHED IT AT TAUPO ROLLED IT CRASHED IT SOME MORE , IT HAD MORE HITS THAN ELVIS , THEN I SOLD IT FOR $6500 IN 1996. SHIT BIKE HAD AN ALUMINIUM TANK SO MY MAGNETIC TANK BAG WOULDNT WORK
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=6518 AT THIS LINK

WINJA
6th April 2005, 20:33
What pic WINJA?? I think you forgot to attach the pics.. would be interested to see em.

Is the engineering firm Service Engineers at Wairau pk???
CHEERS I ADDED A LINK IM A PUTERTARD

Grumpy
6th April 2005, 20:35
What pic WINJA?? I think you forgot to attach the pics.. would be interested to see em.

Is the engineering firm Service Engineers at Wairau pk???

Morley Engineering. The bike is one of the bikes that Freeth won on at Bathurst. I think that the other is still owned by the family.
Dave got hold of it a few years ago and totally restored it. Allan Franklan did all the engine work on it. He was the one who did all the work on it when Freeth had it as well. Anyone who has seen it has to agree, Dave's done an awesome job on it.

WINJA
6th April 2005, 20:48
ROGER FREETH AND JOHN BRITTEN WHAT A TRAGIC WASTE

Grumpy
6th April 2005, 20:50
ROGER FREETH AND JOHN BRITTEN WHAT A TRAGIC WASTE
Amen to that.

Pixie
7th April 2005, 09:39
Thanks for the info people :niceone: :niceone:

speedpro
7th April 2005, 13:46
I think that the other is still owned by the family.

That would be the monoshock version. I think the Macs were all built for someone Roger's build - 6'+ with long arms.

speedpro
7th April 2005, 13:50
There is one I know of that has been retrieved from Oz and rebuilt that isn't being used. Kevin Grey built it up a few years ago after bringing it back as "excess baggage". He is currently in Aussie I think and might be open to offers. The suspension is sorted(Ohlins) and Kevin builds good motors, especially GSXs. I'd need to get my wheels off it first of course.

gav
7th April 2005, 18:08
Anyone know what happened to this one? This is taken at World Superbikes at Manfield 89/90? Rolling chassis, no engine.