PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle club wanted

T.I.E
6th April 2005, 16:37
hey guys need to find a club for selfish reasons to expand my rides with groups and for insurance reasons, saw honda riders, but what happens if i change bikes another make?
so anyone know of any auckland based family clubs.

not looking for strippers or anything but good nice events.

crashe
6th April 2005, 17:08
well Talamakos (sp) is a bike club, it dont matter what bike ya ride and any age group. There is a joining fee.

Ulyssesss (sp) ya have to be over 40 years old to join that one.
There is a joining fee.

Or you could just come along on the KB rides... no matter what bike you ride... or age you are... just check out the Events and meeting section.
And KB is free. :2thumbsup :cool: :ride:

Plus the KBers are always going on rides all the time... weekends, and also some night rides. We really are the most friendlyist bunch around...

inlinefour
6th April 2005, 17:40
well Talamakos (sp) is a bike club, it dont matter what bike ya ride and any age group. There is a joining fee.

Ulyssesss (sp) ya have to be over 40 years old to join that one.
There is a joining fee.

Or you could just come along on the KB rides... no matter what bike you ride... or age you are... just check out the Events and meeting section.
And KB is free. :2thumbsup :cool: :ride:

Plus the KBers are always going on rides all the time... weekends, and also some night rides. We really are the most friendlyist bunch around...

I thought they had relaxed the age resrictions in the Ulyssesss?

crashe
6th April 2005, 17:45
Honda, Not that I have heard of....

When ever I run into one from that club they are still saying 40 years old...
In aussie you have to be 50 years and over to join that club.

Shoota
6th April 2005, 17:58
yep 40 is the age for ulyssess, the good news is your a junior till ya turn 50, i like still being a junior @ 48 hahahahahaaa :banana:

crashe
6th April 2005, 18:18
So is it cheaper to join after you turn 50?????
Or is it still the same price... being a junior or senior?

Can you tell us the prices etc to join up..
as I have heard you join up for 3 years then its yearly....

Grumpy
6th April 2005, 19:39
hey guys need to find a club for selfish reasons to expand my rides with groups and for insurance reasons, saw honda riders, but what happens if i change bikes another make?
so anyone know of any auckland based family clubs.

not looking for strippers or anything but good nice events.

Check out the back of the Motorcycle trader. All the clubs are listed in there. From what I hear the Sth African Eagles are a fast growing club. I think I got the name right.

Waylander
6th April 2005, 19:40
Could always start your own. Might be fun too, probably get a few on here to join.

Yarg
6th April 2005, 21:29
Joining fee for Ulysses for 3 years is about $55. Great value , heaps of rides, and plenty of advice. :ride:

MadDuck
6th April 2005, 21:38
Hey Take

I reckon theres enough bikers up here to organise a local group. I saw one of them blasted R1s the other day on Whangaparaoa Road (in one piece leathers)and a GSX1000 outside work. The neighbour has I dont know what and another guy comes into my work rides a VTR.

If you ever needing to organise a ride up this way give me a hollar. I must say I flagged this weekend cos 22 is such a long way and we have awesome rides up this way. Clubs have too many rules...KB has none :Punk:

Yarg
7th April 2005, 08:38
hey Mad Duck,

If at anytime you are interested in a local ride on a sat afternoon , give me a yell. Say Albany , kaukopakopa, thru peak road , then to helensville, out to Sth Head for a coffee at the macadamia nut cafe. But not at warp speed. The difference between getting there comfortably and risking life, limb,& ya licence is about 5 minutes. :ride:

Lias
7th April 2005, 10:09
13 years and 1 month till I can become a junior Ulysses member.. Whee :-)

I'm already a dirty old man at 26, cant wait to see what I'm like when I really start growing old disgracefully :-)

Dodgyiti
7th April 2005, 11:36
Hey Take

I reckon theres enough bikers up here to organise a local group. I saw one of them blasted R1s the other day on Whangaparaoa Road (in one piece leathers)and a GSX1000 outside work. The neighbour has I dont know what and another guy comes into my work rides a VTR.

If you ever needing to organise a ride up this way give me a hollar. I must say I flagged this weekend cos 22 is such a long way and we have awesome rides up this way. Clubs have too many rules...KB has none :Punk:There is a Wanga group, ummm, hang on...
Whangaparoa Riders Group
David 0942 40729

T.I.E
7th April 2005, 12:07
There is a Wanga group, ummm, hang on...
Whangaparoa Riders Group
David 0942 40729

sweet thanks for the info guys nice work.

RiderInBlack
7th April 2005, 21:18
for insurance reasons, saw honda riders, but what happens if i change bikes another make?Lot of Non-Honda owning HRCNZ'er. Meet a few when I rode South in March. I think you can if the bike has been bought off a Honda dealer. They will still Insure you. Ask Robyn Stace from HRCNZ Ph 09 4492790 or 027 4408197 or e-mail hrcnz1@hrcnz.co.nz:niceone: