PDA

View Full Version : Fixing up CB250RS

bo-nz
25th August 2009, 16:41
Hi, just wondering if there is many of these still out there and how hard is it to get certain parts - e.g. exhausts? (Starts ok just a weeeeee bit noisy at the moment...) :doh: also the wiring is a bit questionable from what we have checked out so far.

jellywrestler
25th August 2009, 17:07
try econohonda in te aroha

bo-nz
25th August 2009, 17:11
try econohonda in te aroha

Cool thanks will check them out :)

F5 Dave
25th August 2009, 17:15
Failing that if you don't mind that it won't look like Stock Cycleworks in wgtn will be able to make one up, may have a jig so could make without bike there. Maybe.

xwhatsit
25th August 2009, 18:18
Failing that if you don't mind that it won't look like Stock Cycleworks in wgtn will be able to make one up, may have a jig so could make without bike there. Maybe.
You mean they don't sell them any more? I looked there a few months ago and they still have CB250RS 2-into-1s on their online catalogue. I've got a Cycleworks from god-knows-when fitted to mine.

Definitely Econohonda. Or else if you're after other things than zorsts (all 3 of my spare pairs are farked :sweatdrop), flick me a PM, I've got metric fuck-tonnes of RS bits lying around.

F5 Dave
25th August 2009, 21:28
if it's on the online cattledog it means he still has the jigs & would make to order.

Ms Piggy
26th August 2009, 07:04
Hi, just wondering if there is many of these still out there and how hard is it to get certain parts - e.g. exhausts? (Starts ok just a weeeeee bit noisy at the moment...) :doh: also the wiring is a bit questionable from what we have checked out so far.
I have 1 tucked up at a mates place. I had great plans of doing up my lovely CB250RS but I couldn't afford to own 2 motorbikes with no garage :crybaby:

PM with the parts you need and maybe I can sell ya some parts.

dogsnbikes
26th August 2009, 09:08

plenty of parts around and whole bikes,:sweatdrop:
Im away until the 2nd but have a good manual so I can send you a wiring diagram next week if you need it

xwhatsit
26th August 2009, 21:39
I've uploaded the wiring diagram once before, lemme find the link for you.

EDIT: It's over here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=65391&d=1183541310

bo-nz
27th August 2009, 09:16
Wow thanks heaps everyone, will get to and find out what needs to be done to get them on the road and go for it :clap:

bo-nz
13th September 2009, 17:03
I was just doing some minor work and have found that the main cylinder head has some small cracks around the spark plug... how major is this to fix or would I be better off trying to find a new head??