PDA

View Full Version : ryan's race weekend

ryanf062
25th August 2009, 21:57
I decided to take friday off school to do the track day this time and it was heaps of fun with heaps of track time, so much that I didn’t even do all the sessions. It didn’t really start off that well because of a Suzuki swift dumping its guts right through the infield causing a bit of a delay and a lot of angry people. The bike was running really well and I eventually started putting in some reasonable lap times once I sorted my lines out over the oil. The weather was really good over the two days I was there which was I nice change from riding in the wet.

Saturday started well with our qualifying up first right after briefing I was exited to put some good laps in during qualifying, I took it slow for the first lap and after that went hard out but put my best lap in on lap two because I screwed up the far hair pin on the third lap and in lap for the engine went flat so I lost heaps of power. I was really pleased with my result of fifth.

Race one started well, I got off the line quite quick and held about third place until I was coming out of the hair pin and the engine went flat. I was gutted watching most of the field go past me with nothing I could do. I carried on even though I wasn’t going as fast and finished 14th.

Race two was slow because we hadn’t been able to work out what was going on with the bike so I just cruised to get as many points as I could and also try to get my corner speed up some more which I think I did improve on a lot and I finished in seventh place.
Over all it was a good weekend even though it didnt end up being too successfull.

Thanks again to billy from autocycle refinishers, Scrivy, baycad services and burrell signs and the vic club for having such an awsome race series.

koba
25th August 2009, 22:08
Race two was slow because we hadn’t been able to work out what was going on with the bike so I just cruised to get as many points as I could and also try to get my corner speed up some more which I think I did improve on a lot and I finished in seventh place.
Over all it was a good weekend even though it didnt end up being too successfull.

Good work, your racing skills look to be coming along nicely.
Your corner speed looked to be good from ages behind.
Great work!

Racey Rider
25th August 2009, 22:23
Sorry to hear you had such problems ryan. Was building up to be a good battel in the champs.
Racey.

Clivoris
25th August 2009, 22:31
Gutted for you broo, but pleased to see you've taken the positives out. Hope you can get the bike sorted before next round.

sinfull
25th August 2009, 22:40
Bummer ya bike decided to do the dirty on ya dude, hope ya get it sorted for next round !

ryanf062
27th August 2009, 18:20
Bummer ya bike decided to do the dirty on ya dude, hope ya get it sorted for next round !
yea at least its given me some thing to do for this weekend.

Gutted for you broo, but pleased to see you've taken the positives out. Hope you can get the bike sorted before next round.
yea well theres no point in getting so serious about winning you cant have fun.

ryanf062
27th August 2009, 18:24
Good work, your racing skills look to be coming along nicely.
Your corner speed looked to be good from ages behind.
Great work!
Thanks it actually has tacken me a while to get comfortable with this bike.

Sorry to hear you had such problems ryan. Was building up to be a good battel in the champs.
Racey.
it still could be as i am aiming for top 5

KS34
27th August 2009, 19:09
Great attitude, well done.