View Full Version : L Plate Rider?

Car Dodger
23rd October 2003, 15:02
Hey guys what does L Plate mean on my login name?:o

Firefight
23rd October 2003, 15:08
Originally posted by Car Dodger
Hey guys what does L Plate mean on my login name?:o

Go to "Site Stuff" check out user titles, It had me a bit confused at first.

Firefight.:o

Motoracer
23rd October 2003, 15:13
It means that you are a rookie here on Kiwi biker and once you get the # of posts up, the 'L-plate rider' will change to different titles. After every 30 posts the title will change. When you reach 150 posts, then you can change it to your likeing.

I am just posting so much B.S. right now because I want to get my posts up and change my title to something that I like. :D

Car Dodger
23rd October 2003, 15:13
Originally posted by Firefight
Go to "Site Stuff" check out user titles, It had me a bit confused at first.

Firefight.:o

Sorry dude Im computer illiterate, where do I find Site Stuff?:(

Car Dodger
23rd October 2003, 15:20
Originally posted by Motoracer
It means that you are a rookie here on Kiwi biker and once you get the # of posts up, the 'L-plate rider' will change to different titles. After every 30 posts the title will change. When you reach 150 posts, then you can change it to your likeing.

I am just posting so much B.S. right now because I want to get my posts up and change my title to something that I like. :D

oooh I see, mine can be "Stupid Twat who doesn't know how to use a computer." or is that to long.:D

Firefight
23rd October 2003, 19:06
oooh I see, mine can be "Stupid Twat who doesn't know how to use a computer." or is that to long.:D

Great, :D Finally someone on this site with the same problem I have, my inability to fiqure out Fuc*##g computers, great to have you here, if you do get really stuck, there are heaps of freindly experts who will help you, my problem is a short temper, when I can't figure this shit out all I wana do is smash the computer, which apparently, is not all good !

cheers firefight:o :o

Car Dodger
24th October 2003, 10:19
Great, :D Finally someone on this site with the same problem I have, my inability to fiqure out Fuc*##g computers, great to have you here, if you do get really stuck, there are heaps of freindly experts who will help you, my problem is a short temper, when I can't figure this shit out all I wana do is smash the computer, which apparently, is not all good !

So far I have crashed 4 Computers and only 2 bikes.:Oops: :rolleyes:

merv
24th October 2003, 11:12
Great, :D my problem is a short temper, when I can't figure this shit out all I wana do is smash the computer, which apparently, is not all good !

... and your toolkit consists of the only universal tools you need huh!! A hammer and a set of visegrips - they can handle all the intricate work ever needed. If not get a bigger hammer.

danb
24th October 2003, 11:46
So far I have crashed 4 Computers and only 2 bikes.:Oops: :rolleyes:

HAHAH that would be true. Bloddy computer espically win98:argh:

Car Dodger
24th October 2003, 11:51
Originally posted by danb
HAHAH that would be true. Bloddy computer espically win98:argh:

Go ahead Bill Gates make my day:rockon:

aff-man
24th October 2003, 11:55
Hahahaha saw on the news that the guy who did that worm virus thingy send a message to bill gates somewhere along the lines of "hey billy gates why don't you stop ripping people off and fix the bugs in your software" hahahahah serves him right:rockon:

Car Dodger
24th October 2003, 12:35
Originally posted by aff-man
Hahahaha saw on the news that the guy who did that worm virus thingy send a message to bill gates somewhere along the lines of "hey billy gates why don't you stop ripping people off and fix the bugs in your software" hahahahah serves him right:rockon:

A good cure for computer viruses is tie tow it from the back of your bike down the southern motorway. That'll fix it right up.:niceone:

danb
29th October 2003, 08:05
A good cure for computer viruses is tie tow it from the back of your bike down the southern motorway. That'll fix it right up.:niceone:

I reckon and wish:D

Charlie
10th June 2005, 12:43
How do you change the txt under your name that is "L Plate Rider"? Although for now its more than accurate.....

bugjuice
10th June 2005, 12:44
you can't, until you've been here for 175 days and posted at least 200 times.

Have a read here:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=747

might help explain a bit more..

Charlie
10th June 2005, 13:05
Cheers for that, I have some work to do then! :niceone:

bugjuice
10th June 2005, 13:08
looks like!!!
welcome btw :niceone:

Gremlin
10th June 2005, 16:56
No, coz then you won't become a senior member.

Ask all the "spamming sluts", they don't do any work at all... :whistle:

Ixion
10th June 2005, 17:04
No, coz then you won't become a senior member.

Ask all the "spamming sluts", they don't do any work at all... :whistle:

I'll have you know that I am working very hard right at this moment, reviewing network response times. Very important to ensure that the network is still responding weel. And to do that one must of course have a reference URL. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz does very well as a refernce URL. :innocent:

EDIT: I ain't ever got to be one of them senior members , though. Though I do HAVE a fairly senior member I guess.

Gremlin
10th June 2005, 18:02
:rofl:

I knew somebody couldn't resist replying, and if you aren't a spammer, then you wouldn't feel the need to defend anything, would you?? I wasn't even expecting you to reply.

I was expecting a reply from someone else... :weird: s'pose there is more than one person "reviewing network response times"

HDTboy
10th June 2005, 18:47
How do you change the txt under your name that is "L Plate Rider"? Although for now its more than accurate.....
The official way is to become what geeks call a "post whore" it's really not as dirty as it sounds, I think that may have something to do with the origins of the term, geeks not knowing what a whore is, or does, being my point.

PS. None of the above suggests or implys anything to do with promiscuity

Trow
6th August 2005, 18:06
How do I change the L-Plate rider thingy... it's been a while since I was a learner!! :ride:

zeRax
6th August 2005, 18:08
changes after certain amounts of posts, i think once u get over 200 or something u can get custom one, not sure, if someone replys and lets us both know ill get mine changed to something exotic :E!

Trow
6th August 2005, 18:26
cheers matey :yes:

Joni
6th August 2005, 18:30

:)

Coyote
6th August 2005, 18:32
125 days on site + 200 posts and you can make your own

Most of us abuse this privilege, luulh!

judgeshock
11th October 2005, 08:38
Hi guys can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the fact that it says im an l plate rider by my name? havent been one for years
Cheers :calm:

MSTRS
11th October 2005, 08:39
Post heaps. It'll change.

Sniper
11th October 2005, 08:40
Maybe read the site FAQ as well.

It won't change until you prove you are a worthy poster.......

Phurrball
11th October 2005, 08:46
Hi guys can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the fact that it says im an l plate rider by my name? havent been one for years

Yep - post heaps!

You may be experienced on the road, but you're an L-Plater in cyberspace...Crack 200 posts, and you can change it to what you want (but it changes itself before then - through several stages...)

Phurrball.

Sniper
11th October 2005, 08:47
You may be experienced on the road, but you're an L-Plater in cyberspace...Crack 200 posts, and you can change it to what you want (but it changes itself before then - through several stages...)

Only after 135 days too. :niceone:

judgeshock
11th October 2005, 08:48
:devil2: thanks fellas oh to be a virgin somewhere

Gremlin
11th October 2005, 09:17
Seek and ye shall find... (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=747)

TerminalAddict
11th October 2005, 09:41
post count +1 on every thread for the next 400 days :devil2:

judgeshock
11th October 2005, 11:31
aha :apumpin:

2wheels in Red Beach
11th October 2005, 20:47
Yippee 2 more posts and I can be a scooter boy. Now thats aiming high...

*sic
12th October 2005, 13:56
scooters rock my face.

Zed
12th October 2005, 14:02
Cheers :calm:Don't sweat it bud, just do what some of the real high posters in here do (like Bugjuice & Sniper for instance (pt)) and post heaps of Pointless Drivel. In no time you'll reach 200 posts and then you too will be a senior member and be able to change your title to read whatever you please!

Jus' li' that! :whocares:

Ps. As a classic example of *pointless drivel* refer to this post in future!

Storm
12th October 2005, 14:10
I thought Pointles Drivel posts didnt count-thats what took several of our top men(Sniper, Buggy, Waylander et al) so long to hit 5'000 ?

Sniper
12th October 2005, 14:30
I got a mention in dispatch, thanks.. yea mate, all you have to do is be patient and post....

thehollowmen
13th October 2005, 09:15

Pssst take advantage of all threads like these where people ask silly or already answered questions ;-)

pyrocam
14th October 2005, 14:13
yes threads like these + the happy birthday threads and the welcome newbie threads are a goldmine of trollability.

Waylander
14th October 2005, 14:15
I thought Pointles Drivel posts didnt count-thats what took several of our top men(Sniper, Buggy, Waylander et al) so long to hit 5'000 ?
Havn't hit it yet I don't think....

Post in any thread in the actuall "pointless drivel" forum don't count twords your total but pointless posts in atleast somewhat pointy threads do count.

Yamaharley
23rd January 2006, 17:52
What does the L Plate rider tag beside alot of peoples names mean? is it new member stuff, rating etc? can some1 please explain ? thanx

DingDong
23rd January 2006, 17:58
What does the L Plate rider tag beside alot of peoples names mean? is it new member stuff, rating etc? can some1 please explain ? thanx

Make more posts... and you'll get a promotion!

Welcome to the site:wacko:

quickbuck
23rd January 2006, 18:06
Yep, got promoted yesterday.

Scorpygirl
23rd January 2006, 18:18
Hi Yamaharley

Check this out and all will be revealed

Welcome to KB and I hope you enjoy it!! :banana: :spudbooge

cheeseclip
6th July 2007, 13:40
how many posts do you need to be considered something other than l plate rider?

bungbung
6th July 2007, 13:41
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?faq=site_faq_item#faq_kb_site_utitles

Skyryder
6th July 2007, 20:03
how many posts do you need to be considered something other than l plate rider?

No idea but a few here would lime to ride without one.

Skyryder

pjpnz
23rd April 2008, 12:04
How do I remove or change the L Plate rating in my profile? Thank you.

firefighter
23rd April 2008, 12:05
wait 6 months till you get your restricted..........:baby: na its done off your no. of posts, have a look in FAQ

nodrog
23rd April 2008, 12:09

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3535

send this guy money

007XX
23rd April 2008, 12:17

Don't listen to Nodrog pjpnz...he's not to be trusted :love:

As stated just before, go and have a read of the FAQs. They'll answer a lot of what you might be wondering about on here.

If you're really stuck, just send a PM to a mod (the person's name will be in bold letters like mine).

Otherwise, welcome to KB, and have fun! :D

mynameis
23rd April 2008, 13:40
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=3535

send this guy money

Lol.

Hey PJ you want his accounnt no $50 will do.

Joni
23rd April 2008, 13:54
Dont bother with the FAQ, this thread will answer your question directly:

yod
23rd April 2008, 14:15
post endlessly....this will fix it

MSTRS
23rd April 2008, 14:50
Don't listen to Nodrog pjpnz...he's not to be trusted ...

And neither can this poster...she likes les derrieres de la femmes....:love::drool:don't we all?

Maha
23rd April 2008, 14:55
Funny thing is, when I first joined I could figure out how the hell the Website knew that I was on my Learners...I never told it....:weep:

mynameis
23rd April 2008, 15:33
Funny thing is, when I first joined I could figure out how the hell the Website knew that I was on my Learners...I never told it....:weep:

Lol me too haha but I didn't say anything. Thought someone disliked me and did it on purpose lol.

scorpious
9th June 2008, 17:12
That little bit of writing underneath your avatar, how do you change that?

Mom
9th June 2008, 17:15
That is linked to the number of posts you have on KB.

Have a look at the FAQ it explains things much better than I can.

nodrog
9th June 2008, 17:17
it will change when you get an adult sized motorcycle

James Deuce
9th June 2008, 17:20
Look here: FAQ (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?faq=site_faq_item#faq_kb_site_utitles)

BiK3RChiK
9th June 2008, 18:53
It also depends on how long you have been a member of this site

James Deuce
9th June 2008, 19:12
It also depends on how long you have been a member of this site
EVERYTHING IS IN THE FAQ LINK I POSTED ABOVE.

Gah.

marty
9th June 2008, 19:14
forget everything you knew about having a life. spend it all on here.

Nordy
9th June 2008, 19:27
become a postwhore!

but not in site stuff as it doesnt count (mores the pity)

p.dath
17th May 2009, 17:35
What's involved in getting rid of the "L-Plate Rider" tag that appears next to your name when you do a post?

Ragingrob
17th May 2009, 17:39
Before you make another new thread... Head to the site FAQ :2thumbsup

Maha
17th May 2009, 17:39
In here...........

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?faq=kb_site_utitles#faq_kb_site_utitles1

Dont worry, you become 'scooter boy' next.

p.dath
17th May 2009, 17:44
Would that encourage peple to make lots of crap posts just to get their count up?

Ragingrob
17th May 2009, 17:46
Would that encourage peple to make lots of crap posts just to get their count up?

Like this one? :doh:

Jantar
17th May 2009, 17:48
Would that encourage peple to make lots of crap posts just to get their count up?it shouldn't. Because crap posts get moved to PD (Pointless Drivel) and dont count towards their post count.

Maha
17th May 2009, 22:51

Just go into here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34 and say hello to about 20 threads...:eek:
Or keep posting in here..:msn-wink:

ArcherWC
19th May 2009, 17:43
Hello????

+ more to keep the 10 characters NAZI's happy

cave weta
20th May 2009, 00:58
Deposit $18.99 in the following account. 06 010 24462 00
tell me what you want to be called and I will do the rest*

*conditions apply,

mbikeman1
17th July 2009, 22:13
rider,ive tried several times now and it goes straight back to l plate rider.once i write in what i want i hit the save changes button and it goes back to L plate.W>T>F

Virago
17th July 2009, 22:15
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/faq.php?faq=kb_site_utitles#faq_kb_site_utitles1

mbikeman1
17th July 2009, 22:19
:rockon:thanks alot for that,i was starting to get annoyed