PDA

View Full Version : What you getting for Fathers' Day?

Molly
27th August 2009, 20:30
My first Fathers' Day coming up. Hoping for some new tools. What do you usually get?

Mom
27th August 2009, 20:31
Nothing, not a damn thing!

ready4whatever
27th August 2009, 20:35
maybe cause your a mum, mom

Motu
27th August 2009, 20:38
You get what you give - love.......

NDORFN
27th August 2009, 20:39
Hopefully the same thing as every other year... a handmade card from my daughter :2thumbsup

Donor
27th August 2009, 20:46
It'll be two slices of cold toast with honey, no marge, and a milo with no sugar and hot water from the tap.

On Fathers day, that's just the ticket - two boys who know that despite dad being an ass from time to time, he loves them, and they love me right back :hug:

StoneY
27th August 2009, 21:03
Already got it-
40th, dads day, Christmas forever- all in one smart looking black fairing

;)

James Deuce
27th August 2009, 22:31
Needs a clean, but.

nudemetalz
28th August 2009, 10:42
Well I'm getting a "4 months to go 'til born" baby.....

...and..I'm going to remember what an awesome father I had once...

vifferman
28th August 2009, 11:02
My first Fathers' Day coming up. Hoping for some new tools. What do you usually get?
Uh... nothing.
Nada.
Zip.
Not anything at all.

The Mutant Spawn obviously don't love me (but I still love them). They are also experts at ignoring Xmas and birthdays.

But that's alright: I'm not getting my father or father-in-law anything. Serves them right for being dead.
However (but!) I have a suspicion I'm not dead. Not yet.

klingon
28th August 2009, 11:14
Well I'm getting a "4 months to go 'til born" baby.....

...and..I'm going to remember what an awesome father I had once...

That's an excellent purpose for fathers' day! I will also make use of it to remember my Dear Old Dad and think about some of the wonderful gifts he gave me.

At his funeral the celebrant asked us to each think of something we would like to say "thank you" to our Dad for. I can't even remember what I said but I vividly remember my brother saying "Thanks for teaching me that you can move anything with a fulcrum and lever!"

I suggest that all of you who have a father who is still around, take the time on fathers' day to thank him for something.

turtleman
28th August 2009, 11:57
Uh... nothing.
Nada.
Zip.
Not anything at all.

The Mutant Spawn obviously don't love me (but I still love them). They are also experts at ignoring Xmas and birthdays.

But that's alright: I'm not getting my father or father-in-law anything. Serves them right for beind dead.
However (but!) I have a suspicion I'm not dead. Not yet.

Funny.... that's exactly my situation too !
I think I'm getting one of them a new helmet this fathers day... (don't ask how that works, coz I dunno :confused: )

Headbanger
28th August 2009, 12:01
Nothing, Well, it better be nothing, I have done what I can to ban the buying of gifts on Fathers day, I don't need that crap. Its just marketing.

A hug from the kids will do perfectly.

And I'll hound the wife for a bit of action but I do that every damn day.

slofox
28th August 2009, 12:01
I'll get nothing. Never do. Kids hate me...:ar15:

James Deuce
28th August 2009, 12:02
I want a spork that isn't plastic.

Pussy
28th August 2009, 12:08
I suggest that all of you who have a father who is still around, take the time on fathers' day to thank him for something.

Good call, Arthur!
I find myself wishing I had thanked my late dear old Dad more.

ckai
28th August 2009, 12:36
what ever happened to Kids Day??? So it's alright to give presents to parents because "they put up with our shit", but why can't parents give their kids presents for them "putting up with their shit"? I mean whats with all the "tidy your room" bullshit and "wait til your father gets home"?

Parents get the fun of punishment to outweigh the crap they put up with. Kids get nothing. I feel sorry for the kids....

It's a conspiracy.

I don't think my kid will get me anything. It'll need to pop out a few months early and I don't think that'll be a good thing.

All you fathers are selfish bastards for expecting something. Shame on you. It's about bringing new life into this world. I for one won't be expecting anything at all :whistle: ;)

nadroj
28th August 2009, 12:42
A naughty & a pair of socks - both 2 sizes too big!

Crisis management
28th August 2009, 12:49
It's usually a mixed bag of stuff for me, I don't want anything material and that usually works ok unless my wife is trying to up the ante for mothers day by encouraging spending on me to guarantee a bigger take when her turn comes around. Who said family politics was easy?
My son will give me a hug or call if he's out of town, my daughter will forget the whole day then remember in a couple of months time, insist we go out for dinner to "make up" and I will end up paying as she is too poor to afford the bloody food she ordered....

I'm just hoping I can take the afternoon off and go trail biking that day.

However, this year my father in law is busy dying as I write so I suspect it will have a special poignancy.

Kornholio
28th August 2009, 12:51
Hopefully nothing... Dont need any surprises like finding out I have a kid lol

vifferman
28th August 2009, 12:55
I want a spork that isn't plastic.
A lofty and most worthy goal, Dr Deuce. :niceone:

CookMySock
28th August 2009, 13:31
Hopefully the same thing as every other year... a handmade card from my daughter :2thumbsupHehe, yeah thats nearly the best present there is ay. :cool:

Steve

DIN PELENDA
28th August 2009, 14:57
I got 5 Kids , so every year I get 3 days off and I go riding to "Cold Kiwi ":banana: always fall on fathers day!
That is best present !

stify
28th August 2009, 15:41
i'm hoping for some of these :banana::banana:

ready4whatever
28th August 2009, 17:28
Fathers day in Iraq consists of kids deternating land mines around the back yard. or making dad proud when he blows himself up, killing dozens and gets sent to heaven

martybabe
28th August 2009, 18:02
There was a period where nearly every year on fathers day I'd have one more child to celebrate with than the year before. I finally figured out what was causing it though :buggerd: Just cards and socks now :weep:

XxKiTtiExX
28th August 2009, 18:41
Hopefully nothing... Dont need any surprises like finding out I have a kid lol

Hi dad....

Aaron_newrider
28th August 2009, 23:44
Have stopped giving my old man stuff, go to the pub, have afew beers and a good chat to spend some time togeather.

Genestho
29th August 2009, 09:09
My kids will be taking flowers to a grave.

:(

Pity it's all so commercial, if you have a Dad, give him a hug, and thank him, for everything you know.

Conquiztador
29th August 2009, 09:22
A few home made cards, something they have saved up to from their weekly pocketmoney and kisses and cuddles. Then we do something together.

SARGE
29th August 2009, 09:59
im a step-dad so i really dont expect anything ..

when i was a young-un.. my dad was a hard prick.. Vietnam vet with PTS issues ..he was also one of the wisest and smartest men alive ( despite a 5th grade education) .. he was a bull of a man,... 5'8" tall and nearly as wide in the shoulders..

i spent many hours in the jump seat of his semi, on the back seat of his bike and leaning over a fender next to him handing him tools. he taught me all the 'intangibles' of life too..

right now though.. my dad is an old man .. riddled with Vascular Dementia and confined for the most part to a wheelchair and wearing an adult diaper because his bowels have let him down.. he has shrunken to a mere shadow of himself and wakes up screaming and has no idea what year it is..

for Dad's day this year .. i will remember that grumpy old prick the way he was.. smart,funny, strong and capable and try to forget he is dying by inches ..

i love you and i miss you dad