PDA

View Full Version : Motomail's site updated

Big Dave
28th August 2009, 08:22
Software updated and motomail have a nice online shop now too.
http://www.motomail.co.nz

I can recommend the Rev-it Radar Jacket
http://kiwiriderproducts.blogspot.com/2009/08/rev-it-radar-jacket.html

Taz
28th August 2009, 08:29
Not too bad but I always find it disappointing how much their range has shrunk since the Phil Scott days.

Big Dave
28th August 2009, 08:35
Not too bad but I always find it disappointing how much their range has shrunk since the Phil Scott days.

I think shrunk is the wrong word - The product mix has certainly changed since Chris has owned it. I like/liked both versions. The current one suits my needs better - possibly not the DIY types, but they will still get widgets in for you.

Devil
28th August 2009, 14:52
Two thumbs up for the Adventure option. Giving both road and off road!

Big Dave
28th August 2009, 15:29
Two thumbs up for the Adventure option. Giving both road and off road!

I like that Rev-it Adventure Jacket concept a lot - but length doesn't suit a 195cm bloke.

imdying
28th August 2009, 15:34
Clear layout, fast, easy to find stuff with minimals clicks... I definitely approve of the changes :yes:

Nice and fast, not dragged down by useless pretty crap, very good.

Dave Lobster
28th August 2009, 19:18
Struggling to find a half decent leather one piece for the missus on there.

The only one they've got is 50% more expensive than the equivalent blokes' one. Seems like a lot of extra to me..

Big Dave
28th August 2009, 19:34
Struggling to find a half decent leather one piece for the missus on there.

The only one they've got is 50% more expensive than the equivalent blokes' one. Seems like a lot of extra to me..

Give 'em a call - there's probably options that they can order in.

Ixion
28th August 2009, 19:46
I think shrunk is the wrong word - The product mix has certainly changed since Chris has owned it. I like/liked both versions. The current one suits my needs better - possibly not the DIY types, but they will still get widgets in for you.

I can haz moar widgets? But how duz I knowz what widgets be available?

.chris
28th August 2009, 20:39
and improvement but....

Still fixed width which annoys me (I have all this screen, and you make your site sit in the middle and be so thin)

And showing 4 rows of products per page, which means we (even on large screen) have to both scroll vertically, then deal with pages of products as well.
Option of showing 40,80, ALL would be nice, even nicer if the site remembers that choice.

Big Dave
28th August 2009, 20:51
I can haz moar widgets? But how duz I knowz what widgets be available?

You tell them which widget you want and they tell you the price and availability.

Taz
29th August 2009, 22:25
The catalogues were really good, though expensive to produce, but there were things in them I never knew I "needed" until I spotted them whilst flicking thru them when sitting on my throne. I think the "new" motomail probably suits the area in which they do buisiness but it's not for the likes of me.

Big Dave
29th August 2009, 22:31
The catalogues were really good,

My T'bird was on the last catalogue cover too.

monkeymcbean
29th August 2009, 22:51
Site has really improved, up to date with how most big name stores online will set there products out with option to zoom in and around the item.

Very tempting to buy goodies :sweatdrop

Ixion
30th August 2009, 15:06
You tell them which widget you want and they tell you the price and availability.

But how duz I can noz wot widget I can wants until theyz show me da widgit ?

Whole point of widgets is youz duz not can noz thaz u wantz it until youz seez it. Then youz realises that youz wanted one of thoz all your life.

Big Dave
30th August 2009, 15:12
But how duz I can noz wot widget I can wants until theyz show me da widgit ?

Whole point of widgets is youz duz not can noz thaz u wantz it until youz seez it. Then youz realises that youz wanted one of thoz all your life.

Commercial reality intercedes.

Ixion
30th August 2009, 15:22
Reality ? I don't want anything to do with that. Dreadful place . I went there once, couldn't get away fast enough.

Thank goodness for the Interwibble where one can find and buy all the widgets one has wanted all ones life but never realised. How did society manage to exist before it was invented ?

The concept of life without Internet seems a gross contradiction in terms.