PDA

View Full Version : 73 Norton rewire?

peterpan
28th August 2009, 11:39
any body know of a suitable electrican to rewire a 73 norton commando, shouldnt be that hard as it has no indicators or electric start. also any idea of cost?
preferably in auckland.

Dodgyiti
28th August 2009, 13:02
any body know of a suitable electrican to rewire a 73 norton commando, shouldnt be that hard as it has no indicators or electric start. also any idea of cost?
preferably in auckland.

I used a guy called Josh.

(PM me if you want his details)

Frosty put me onto him and he is great (Thanks Frosty! :2thumbsup), had a really hard job for him and he made a nice tidy setup from a mix-n-match abortion.
Comes to you which is nice. $50 p/h is very reasonable too.

I would expect not longer than 3-4 hrs if all you have is the charging and ignition circuits plus headlight/park/tail lights/idiot and guage lights

If it is that easy, could I suggest buying a loom new and hooking it in yourself? Either a Norton repro one (then all the colours match the factory diagramme) or a simple bike like a XL250 or GN250 and sifting out the indicators?

There will be obvious ways to reduce cost, like fitting all the relays and regulator/rectifyer and any other box's like ignition before you get someone in. Saves a lot of time if everything is mounted up ready to connect and you have made good earthing points where they are needed.

Good luck, I friggin' hate wiring:(

Voltaire
28th August 2009, 13:35
preferably in auckland.

I did a Triumph Bonnie a couple of years ago, bought the loom from British Spares...they probably do Commando ones.

Its pretty straight forward.
I'm an electrician so if you go that way and need advice just pm me.
cheers

Paul in NZ
28th August 2009, 18:42
preferably in auckland.

Just buy a new harness and do it yourself...

jellywrestler
28th August 2009, 21:12
I'm a pretty straight electrician so if you go that way and need advice just pm me.
cheers
say what??????

Voltaire
28th August 2009, 21:44
[QUOTE=jellywrestler;1129377471]say what??????

:lol::lol::lol:

classic zed
12th September 2009, 11:32
Im up in Whangaparaoa let me know if you get stuck with anything, electrics and electronics on cars bikes etc is what I do. Fitting a harness, repairing one or making one from scratch its all pretty simple.