PDA

View Full Version : Go the Wallabies (a rugby thread)

MIXONE
29th August 2009, 14:13
Shit I choked just typing the title but if the All Blacks have any chance in the Tri Nations we want Dingo Dean's boys to step up to the plate tonight.
What are their chances of a win?

More importantly GO CANTERBURY.

PeteMun
29th August 2009, 14:31
I rekon they will have more of a chance beating the boks next week..

I wonder what sort game it will be ?

Hopefully we see plenty of the boks getting injured !

Al baxters been dropped ahahaha

Headbanger
29th August 2009, 14:35
I'd rather see the Boks win, even if it fucks up our chances.

I even enjoy the Boks beating the All Blacks for some bizarre reason.

I'm hoping the Aussies fire that traitor Deans. Its good he was never put in charge of the All Blacks.

nallac
29th August 2009, 14:43
Its good he was never put in charge of the All Blacks.

i rather like that phrase...

Big Dave
29th August 2009, 14:50
Mate - Do you understand Rugby in Aus? Izza a joke. Nobody much cares except for two games a year against the ABs. They rate in the top 10 on TV sports rankings for the year. The next highest rating game last year was 95th - behind The Lawn Bowls.

The Rugby League sold out three games last weekend. Top grade Rugby Union gets about 100 spectators and falling. According to Journalist Roy Masters, Sydney clubs can't get enough players to fill their obligations in all grades.

In the top flight, Unless we unearth a world beating 5/8th they will remain the Bangladesh of World Rugby for some time to come. 'Cept Banglas have a brighter future.

short-circuit
29th August 2009, 14:54
Mate - Do you understand Rugby in Aus? Izza a joke. Nobody much cares except for two games a year against the ABs. They rate in the top 10 on TV sports rankings for the year. The next highest rating game last year was 95th - behind The Lawn Bowls.

The Rugby League sold out three games last weekend. Top grade Rugby Union gets about 100 spectators and falling. Sydney clubs can't get enough players to fill their obligations in all grades.

In the top flight, Unless we unearth a world beating 5/8th they will remain the Bangladesh of World Rugby for some time to come. 'Cept Banglas have a brighter future.

It's getting like that in NZ too at last. Some kiwis are a bit slow to catch on that League is by far the superior code.

Rugby? :whocares:

MIXONE
29th August 2009, 15:01
It's getting like that in NZ too at last. Some kiwis are a bit slow to catch on that League is by far the superior code.

I think I'm one of the lucky ones who appreciates all sorts of sports including league however it's much easier to support a team that wins more often.That's why I support the ABs over the Kiwis and Canterbury over the Warriors.

short-circuit
29th August 2009, 15:59
however it's much easier to support a team that wins more often.That's why I support the ABs over the Kiwis and Canterbury over the Warriors.

Well that's about wanting to see a win - no matter how shite the sport actually is. Fuck that! Why put yourself through it?

MisterD
29th August 2009, 16:44

Some people think Twenty20 is better than test cricket...they're wrong too.

MIXONE
29th August 2009, 16:49
Well that's about wanting to see a win - not matter how shite the sport actually is. Fuck that! Why put yourself through it?

If you aren't in it for the win what the fark are you there for.
Not pc by any chance are you?

short-circuit
29th August 2009, 16:49
Some people think Twenty20 is better than test cricket...they're wrong too.

That's right - it's dumbed down crap for the masses

short-circuit
29th August 2009, 16:51
If you aren't in it for the win what the fark are you there for.
Not pc by any chance are you?

The fucken hits and the line breaks (those lead to Tries for any rugby players out there)

A Leaguie PC? Turn it in

MIXONE
29th August 2009, 16:53
The fucken hits and the line breaks (those lead to Tries for any rugby players out there)

A Leaguie PC? Turn it in

You must be a Roosters fan then.They do plenty of hits etc. but don't win many.

short-circuit
29th August 2009, 17:03
You must be a Roosters fan then.They do plenty of hits etc. but don't win many.

Long time Canberra supporter - prior to the Warriors existence. Warriors supporter (unconditional), Queensland supporter, Kiwis supporter.....

But most importantly - a fan of the game itself. The NRL is such a brilliant competition year in year out that I will happily watch any match up and am rarely disappointed....

Rugby on the other hand :yawn: :sleep:

Big Dave
29th August 2009, 23:56
Who won?...

stify
30th August 2009, 00:08
Who won?...

who cares???

BMWST?
30th August 2009, 00:53
Who won?...
The World Champion Springboks proved their overall class with a steamrolling 32-25 win over the Qantas Wallabies in Perth tonight.

oldrider
30th August 2009, 00:58
The World Champion Springboks proved their overall class with a steamrolling 32-25 win over the Qantas Wallabies in Perth tonight.

Oh, that surprises me, I thought Aussie might win this one! :Oops:

Would still like to know the try/penalty count!

I guess all will be revealed soon enough. :yes:

Edit: 4 tries to 3, still only one try difference, not much between these three teams!

MisterD
30th August 2009, 09:24
Edit: 4 tries to 3, still only one try difference, not much between these three teams!

Two late Aussie tries gave the score some respectability...they were thumped.

Big Dave
30th August 2009, 10:21
who cares???

aye - but More Kiwis than Aussies.

Big Dave
30th August 2009, 10:23
Two late Aussie tries gave the score some respectability...they were thumped.

Man I had a bad night.

St George and Carlton both got anihilated and the Black Caps (a '2nd' team) too.

These cause me grief. Rugby not so.

QPR look destined to struggle again - I had to go deep into the papers for a win. Go Rangers!

MisterD
30th August 2009, 12:32
QPR look destined to struggle again - I had to go deep into the papers for a win. Go Rangers!

Tranmere got thumped 4-0 by Charlton...but I scored two wins on the basis that Arsenal and Bolton both lost...

short-circuit
30th August 2009, 13:12
Man I had a bad night.

St George and Carlton both got anihilated and the Black Caps (a '2nd' team) too.

These cause me grief. Rugby not so.

Saints are perennial chokers, I pity you. But then thats what supporting a team is about - taking the good with the bad. Most NZers don't seem to understand that:

a) the game itself is supposed to be enjoyable

b) being a supporter is unconditional

Headbanger
30th August 2009, 14:21
I'd support the warriors if they weren't so shit.

Not I that I give half a shit about an Aussie domestic competition.

As for the argument over which code is better, That's a weak joke, If you prefer one over the other then stfu and watch it,No reason to spout crap about how your preference for something somehow makes it the superior game.

short-circuit
30th August 2009, 16:06
I'd support the warriors if they weren't so shit.

Not I that I give half a shit about an Aussie domestic competition.

As for the argument over which code is better, That's a weak joke, If you prefer one over the other then stfu and watch it,No reason to spout crap about how your preference for something somehow makes it the superior game.

I'll go one better...Rugby's about as good a sport as Harleys are bikes :stupid:

Headbanger
30th August 2009, 16:29
I'm happy with that.

I like what I like, No consideration given to what others think.

(Thumps chest, Stamps foot, Pokes out chin)