PDA

View Full Version : VCR - computer - DVD

R6_kid
30th August 2009, 17:03
I bought my father a video "Kiwi Red - Six of the best" for his birthday but our VCR has long since died so we now only have a DVD player.

Is anyone able to help be record from VHS tape to computer and then burn it to DVD after creating a menu and chapter breakdown (i'm happy to do the work if you have the software)

No doubt if you can help you'll already know what is required... a decent quality VCR, a video card with video-in (RCA plugs/adaptor), and DVD creation software.

Alternatively if anyone has a PCI card with video-in on it that they don't mind lending me that would also be an option.

scracha
30th August 2009, 18:46
I bought my father a video "Kiwi Red - Six of the best" for his birthday but our VCR has long since died so we now only have a DVD player.

Is anyone able to help be record from VHS tape to computer and then burn it to DVD after creating a menu and chapter breakdown (i'm happy to do the work if you have the software)

No doubt if you can help you'll already know what is required... a decent quality VCR, a video card with video-in (RCA plugs/adaptor), and DVD creation software.

Alternatively if anyone has a PCI card with video-in on it that they don't mind lending me that would also be an option.

Got all of the above but Eddies DVD recorder is a much much easier option. I rarely use the TV card now.

R6_kid
30th August 2009, 20:04
Got all of the above but Eddies DVD recorder is a much much easier option. I rarely use the TV card now.

Good point... a DVD recorder will also do the trick. We did have one (a Phillips) but it's shat itself just like the previous one - we're getting MySky installed tomorrow and dad bought a DVD player today.

Jonno.
31st August 2009, 17:32
If you have a dvd recorder and a vhs player (borrow one) you could record it via analogue? Burn it to dvd and then put it in a computer, add chapters and re burn it.