PDA

View Full Version : Wanganui patch ban

Dakar
1st September 2009, 22:41
:ride:Can i still wear my BMWOR badge in Wanganui now or not?

98tls
1st September 2009, 22:45
No doubt an appeal will follow.Knowing my early mornings are going to help fund it isnt xactly inspiring.

Bren
1st September 2009, 22:56
And what about riders with Ulysses patches aye?

98tls
1st September 2009, 23:00
And what about riders with Ulysses patches aye? Nobody cares about em least of all the media,to old to hear the radio to old to read the newspaper.:blink:

YellowDog
1st September 2009, 23:00
I realise that there is a lot of bad stuff relating to gangs and what they get upto however there is also the large harmless element who just want to belong to something that seems cool.

All I am saying is that not all gang members are bad.

Brian d marge
1st September 2009, 23:04
On the telly the drop kicks were wearing Blue ,,,

Change it to green and ship em off ,

Stephen

AlpinePossum
1st September 2009, 23:19

Those turrible old bikeys will make the blue rinse crew of Wanganui afeered for their chastity! Of course they'll be banned too! (Mind you it's probably more their daughters and grand daughters they need to worry about. :-))

What guesses on how long it will take the gangs to come up with a new insignia that the police don't recognize? Or is overly similar to something like the "Rotary Club" insignia.

Headbanger
1st September 2009, 23:20
Anyone want to buy a house in Wanganui?

I figure it just doubled in value, after all we are the first town in NZ to fix the gang problem.

Wanganui, Gang free.Honest.

SMOKEU
1st September 2009, 23:24
Police shouldn't be allowed to wear their patches in public then, because after all the NZ Police are this countrys' biggest gang.

98tls
1st September 2009, 23:25

I figure it just doubled in value, after all we are the first town in NZ to fix the gang problem.

Wanganui, Gang free.Honest. Bullshit,Oxford was sorted awhile back.

peasea
2nd September 2009, 06:44

They aren't on the 'hit list'.
Ten groups are specifically targetted, Ulysses isn't on the list.

Mind you, if I were a patched-up member of Ulysses I think I'd test the water, just for fun.

peasea
2nd September 2009, 06:46
On the telly the drop kicks were wearing Blue ,,,

Change it to green and ship em off ,

Stephen

Which drop-kicks wearing blue are you referring to?

sunhuntin
2nd September 2009, 08:06
there was a note in todays rag regarding the triumph club charity ride on sunday. they were filmed by tv one and were on the news, but the news people said they were riding in protest of the patch ban, which has upset a few people. be nice if the media could get something right for once. apparently, tv one will have to air an apology, but we shall see. makes me even madder i had to work... i coulda been on tv. lol. :whocares:

one fast tl1ooo
2nd September 2009, 08:17
A patch is a patch. Its gonna be interesting to see what really happens this year at Cemetery Circuit. Alot of riders have badges/patches on their jackets. So I guess we will just have to watch this space ............

sunhuntin
2nd September 2009, 08:30
if its not on the list the police have, you will be left alone. like, the ones they made up for yesterday, the cops couldnt do shit cos it wasnt on their list. all the gangs have to do is change a letter [ie, mongrel mobb or black powder] and they will be "legal" again. tons of loop holes if they look for them.

CookMySock
2nd September 2009, 08:40
Can i still wear my BMWOR badge in Wanganui now or not?Probably, but expect some school marm walking down the sidewalk, complete with class of five yearolds in tow, to pick up a bottle out of the gutter and angrily fling it at you. :bye:

Note whole class of said five yearolds giving you the :finger: as well.

Steve

wysper
2nd September 2009, 09:07
Those turrible old bikeys will make the blue rinse crew of Wanganui afeered for

What guesses on how long it will take the gangs to come up with a new insignia that the police don't recognize? Or is overly similar to something like the "Rotary Club" insignia.

There would be no point in having an insignia that wasn't recognised. The patches aren't about secretly letting others know you are a member it is about shouting it from the rooftops. Or it appears that way to me on the outside.

I am sure they already have 'secret' ways of identifying each other when they are not in regalia.

ynot slow
2nd September 2009, 09:17
And the funny thing about the new logos in maori was they mispelt the wording of Black Power from English to Maori according to the news.Bet a few kamatua are spewing about that one.

Technically police,security,in fact school uniforms could be classed as gangs,they all have identifying insignia.To most normal folk there is a difference,but the civil liberterians seems not,oh well when these liberals get bashed by these upright citizens it may change.

Brian d marge
2nd September 2009, 12:39
Which drop-kicks wearing blue are you referring to?

Ahh thats right there were two gangs outside the court house , both trying to be top dog woof !"

I was referring the the might mighty black energy wasters

Stephen

dogsnbikes
2nd September 2009, 12:47
Must congradulate MR LAWS over night he has solved the problems of gangs in wanganui

we just have one gang now HELLS BLACK MONGRULS:bash:

ManDownUnder
2nd September 2009, 12:47

You do know you'll needs to consult both KB and the morning talk back radios to get a legally binding decision?

ManDownUnder
2nd September 2009, 12:50

Wanganui, Gang free.Honest.

Brilliant - and we should outlaw drink driving - that'll stop that problem... and we could do the same for theft, and rape and murder. My God - why didn't someone think of this sooner?

duckonin
2nd September 2009, 12:50
Nobody cares about em least of all the media,to old to hear the radio to old to read the newspaper.:blink:

Root, run or even ride a bike for that matter...:woohoo:

peasea
2nd September 2009, 19:13
Ahh thats right there were two gangs outside the court house , both trying to be top dog woof !"

I was referring the the might mighty black energy wasters

Stephen
Oh, the police; right. Sorry for the confusion.

peasea
2nd September 2009, 20:07
if its not on the list the police have, you will be left alone. like, the ones they made up for yesterday, the cops couldnt do shit cos it wasnt on their list. all the gangs have to do is change a letter [ie, mongrel mobb or black powder] and they will be "legal" again. tons of loop holes if they look for them.

OK, let's have the best anagram for 'black power'.
Use all the letters, just re-arrange them.

PACKER BLOW

etc..........

mongrel mob

LONG BOMMER

peasea
2nd September 2009, 20:17
Brilliant - and we should outlaw drink driving - that'll stop that problem... and we could do the same for theft, and rape and murder. My God - why didn't someone think of this sooner?

You're a fuckin' genius, you know that?

Tell you what; you've got me thinking..... If, but only if, we could legislate against children being smacked (as a part of good parenting) we could prevent toddlers being shot up by gang members.
OMG, paradise!

Yes, yes, yes; paperwork sorts everything.

Headbanger
2nd September 2009, 20:17
Alright, I think I get it.

Lets see.

Um....

NIGGERS

ManDownUnder
2nd September 2009, 20:20

Lets see.

Um....

NIGGERS

Reg's Gin!

Hey this is fun!

Your turn

ARSE WIPES!

peasea
2nd September 2009, 20:31

Lets see.

Um....

NIGGERS

Some of my best friends are.............bikers......

Sorry, couldn't say it.

peasea
2nd September 2009, 20:40

Are you a witch?

BURN HER!

Jaon of Arc would have had a field day (probably at Moutoa Gardens)

Dakar
2nd September 2009, 21:49
My question i hope was taken as meant "tongue in cheek" gotta reaction though!!

The thing is, we are all a member of something or other, christ, ive got a Flybys card, better not flash that around up there,

Group membership is not the issue here, criminals are, but creating what could become a police state, (curfews, i.d. papers etc where can it end) is not the answer.

i am not into the gang thing, doesnt interest me.......but i agree, wearing a patch is NOT a criminal act, theft, murder, rape, not paying tax etc is.

police, catch the baddies for doing bad things & lock them away, really wearing a patch!!! come on :whocares:

peasea
2nd September 2009, 21:51
My question i hope was taken as meant "tongue in cheek" :

Are you tounge-ata-fenua?

Dakar
2nd September 2009, 21:58

Nah,

very good though!!

peasea
2nd September 2009, 22:02
Nah,

very good though!!

Hey;' I married a part-Maori lady (divorced etc) and my kids have Maori blood, but we always take the piss out of ourselves first. I laugh at Pom jokes, Irish jokes, Paki jokes etc. It's all good, nothing is sacred, make a joke out of me if you like, my pic is on my profile.

Unlike the majority of kb'ers (including chicken-shit cops like Patrick) I am not afraid to post a pic of myself. Take the piss, go hard.

nothingflash
2nd September 2009, 22:03

Hell no he aint - get him to pronounce Kaingaroa :crazy:

peasea
2nd September 2009, 22:05
Hell no he aint - get him to pronounce Kaingaroa :crazy:

Can I have a go?

"Car, Rangi, go-uh?"
>
>
>
>
>
>

Erm, nup, flat battery.

Dakar
2nd September 2009, 22:08
Shit no, i pronounced it when i needed to though!!

nothingflash
2nd September 2009, 22:11
Can I have a go?

"Car, Rangi, go-uh?"
>
>
>
>
>
>

Erm, nup, flat battery.

Mate - you "sound" just like him! I bet you're laughing Baz :lol:

peasea
2nd September 2009, 22:12
Mate - you "sound" just like him! I bet you're laughing Baz :lol:

No; that's 'laughing GAS', and yes, it's a real chucklefest.

ready4whatever
2nd September 2009, 22:15
Make it legal for people to shoot at gang members, but if gang members shoot back they get life in jail = problem solved! how many 'gangstas' you gonna see strutin around?

Patrick
3rd September 2009, 00:25
Hey;' I married a part-Maori lady (divorced etc) and my kids have Maori blood, but we always take the piss out of ourselves first. I laugh at Pom jokes, Irish jokes, Paki jokes etc. It's all good, nothing is sacred, make a joke out of me if you like, my pic is on my profile.

Unlike the majority of kb'ers (including chicken-shit cops like Patrick) I am not afraid to post a pic of myself. Take the piss, go hard.

Hey... we ran out of shit paper... come down and make another bullshit PCA. That'll sort us. Thanks.

Unlike the majority of KBers, I am not afraid of using my name, say where I work and live...

rebyl
3rd September 2009, 04:39
I was partying hard and getting up to stuff you could only dream about while you were probably still shitting in your nappies...sonnyI'm still here, still riding, still having a blast...even though the hair is grey...I have made it this far.....will you:bleh::apint:
Us old pricks invented the modern party culture, so watch and learn:eek:

peasea
3rd September 2009, 06:35
I was partying hard and getting up to stuff you could only dream about while you were probably still shitting in your nappies...sonnyI'm still here, still riding, still having a blast...even though the hair is grey...I have made it this far.....will you:bleh::apint:
Us old pricks invented the modern party culture, so watch and learn:eek:

Good on ya dude. Those young spinners can only watch in awe huh?

peasea
3rd September 2009, 06:39
Hey... we ran out of shit paper... come down and make another bullshit PCA. That'll sort us. Thanks.

Unlike the majority of KBers, I am not afraid of using my name, say where I work and live...

I'm flattered that you chase around kb looking for my posts and also humbled that you have checked me out elsewhere.

I have never lodged a bullshit PCA complaint. Police, on the other hand, HAVE lied in the dock and elsewhere. I know, I've seen and heard them do it.

That's a level I'll never stoop to.

Patrick
3rd September 2009, 11:23
I'm flattered that you chase around kb looking for my posts and also humbled that you have checked me out elsewhere.

I have never lodged a bullshit PCA complaint. Police, on the other hand, HAVE lied in the dock and elsewhere. I know, I've seen and heard them do it.

That's a level I'll never stoop to.

Don't be flattered... we share the same interests it seems. Carry on slagging off someone you have never even met, wherever you go, you keyboard warrior hero you. :whocares:

I saw you looked into my visitor page so thought, "aw, how nice, he likes me...":love:

I have seen bullshit PCAs. I have never lied in the dock. No point. Did hear of a case once, and he got caught out by the judge..... and told he would never be believed in any court again. Kind of a career stuffing move, I would have thought....

peasea
3rd September 2009, 14:56
Don't be flattered... we share the same interests it seems. Carry on slagging off someone you have never even met, wherever you go, you keyboard warrior hero you. :whocares:

I saw you looked into my visitor page so thought, "aw, how nice, he likes me...":love:

It's always good to know a little about one's enemy.

And, when it comes to 'slagging off' let's not forget who started it.:bleh:

Patrick
4th September 2009, 00:07
It's always good to know a little about one's enemy.

And, when it comes to 'slagging off' let's not forget who started it.:bleh:

Ummmm... YOU?

This was the beginner.... 3rd May 2009

Peasea says.... "Or perhaps the workings of an ubiased observer.....

You're losing cred rapidly here pal. "Holier than thou" and all that.

It's endemic with the police and you're a prime example (if comments like that are your credos) of the po-leese lifestyle. Pull your fuckin' head in before I make flu connections.

Vex.Lit my arse! That pisses me off. Sometimes you say sensible things and I know we've agreed/disagreed in the past but Vex Lit? That epitomises the self righteous copper to a T. Fuck you. Fuck you.

(And I've been for ride today, observing the rules, no hurry, taking in the suuny autumn rays........had a goodie. Then someone comes along and does what?)

I'm going out to buy a pack of Tamiflu...........to ward off the sneezing, coughing, dribbling pigs.

Patrick! If your post is indicative of the police attitude to PCA complaints; Suck my dick! "

And so it began.........

peasea
4th September 2009, 06:26
Ummmm... YOU?

This was the beginner.... 3rd May 2009

Peasea says.... "Or perhaps the workings of an ubiased observer.....

You're losing cred rapidly here pal. "Holier than thou" and all that.

It's endemic with the police and you're a prime example (if comments like that are your credos) of the po-leese lifestyle. Pull your fuckin' head in before I make flu connections.

Vex.Lit my arse! That pisses me off. Sometimes you say sensible things and I know we've agreed/disagreed in the past but Vex Lit? That epitomises the self righteous copper to a T. Fuck you. Fuck you.

(And I've been for ride today, observing the rules, no hurry, taking in the suuny autumn rays........had a goodie. Then someone comes along and does what?)

I'm going out to buy a pack of Tamiflu...........to ward off the sneezing, coughing, dribbling pigs.

Patrick! If your post is indicative of the police attitude to PCA complaints; Suck my dick! "

And so it began.........

You can't see the forest for the trees. Typical.

Paul in NZ
4th September 2009, 19:41
Actually - people bitching about civil liberties and BMW owners patches can't see the wood for the trees. Gangs are an issue, we all ignore it and try and pretend it isnt but, sorry, it is. Back in the day I knew and rode a few times with the lads but this was a simpler time, the only crime was a bit of biffo - now?? Hmmm.... Different world, different gangs and bigger problems.

sunhuntin
4th September 2009, 19:49
problem is that removing the patch will NOT stop that person from commiting a crime. all it is going to do it make them a bit harder to pin down for that crime. a few years back, the reds and blues decided to have a fight on one of the BP forecourts and one ended up dead. if they werent wearing their patches, none of them would have been charged. just like the anti smacking bill hasnt stopped kids from being murdered, this patch ban will not stop gangs from committing crimes.

caseye
4th September 2009, 19:58
I realise that there is a lot of bad stuff relating to gangs and what they get upto however there is also the large harmless element who just want to belong to something that seems cool.

All I am saying is that not all gang members are bad.

No patched gang member is innocent, they all have blood on their hands, one way or another, sure a few, a very few have no actual criminal records.
Thats by design, they're whats known as a clean skin( no not the new cheap wines).
There is No Such thing as a "Good"(innocent,nice, law abiding) Patched up Gang Member.

peasea
5th September 2009, 05:42
Actually - people bitching about civil liberties and BMW owners patches can't see the wood for the trees. Gangs are an issue, we all ignore it and try and pretend it isnt but, sorry, it is. Back in the day I knew and rode a few times with the lads but this was a simpler time, the only crime was a bit of biffo - now?? Hmmm.... Different world, different gangs and bigger problems.

Much bigger. They have become educated and take their cues from big business operators, who are political puppets.

These people aren't stupid.

Paul in NZ
5th September 2009, 11:38
True - we could all try a little harder to be better people and build a better society but somehow - I doubt thats going to be a popular message.

scumdog
5th September 2009, 11:43
These people aren't stupid.

True for some of them.

But they utilise/exploit a shitload of stupid people, wannabes who will do what it takes to get their 'patch':tugger:

Headbanger
5th September 2009, 14:41
The ones I see walking around my neighbourhood would seem to be the thickest fucks to walk the earth.

Now, all we need is thirty of them to walk up town patched up and then we will see this "take their patches off their backs" system collapse immediately, Ain't no way the police would wage full scale war with them on the main-street over a patch,especially when the odds are stacked against them.

Though I'd love to be wrong.

Sidewinder
5th September 2009, 14:43
wear a pink MFSC patch!

sunhuntin
5th September 2009, 17:28
The ones I see walking around my neighbourhood would seem to be the thickest fucks to walk the earth.

Now, all we need is thirty of them to walk up town patched up and then we will see this "take their patches off their backs" system collapse immediately, Ain't no way the police would wage full scale war with them on the main-street over a patch,especially when the odds are stacked against them.

Though I'd love to be wrong.

i dont think thered be enough cops to take them on! theyd have to bring in reinforcements. lol.

Viscount Montgomery
5th September 2009, 18:10
Just banning patches is no real use, Laws should be supplying kalashnikovs and shot-guns to the rate-payers allowing Joe Public to legally take-out these stinking pieces of dog shit

Headbanger
5th September 2009, 18:12
I personally believe that government should be promoting non-tolerance by communities.

They are only in our communities because we allow them to be.

Of course it would all fall over when they got to court and were promptly put back on the streets to carry on a before.

NighthawkNZ
5th September 2009, 18:12
Police shouldn't be allowed to wear their patches in public then, because after all the NZ Police are this countrys' biggest gang.

actually the M.M. and B.P. both have more members than the police

Fatt Max
5th September 2009, 18:17
The biggest question for some of the locals was....

"if them fellas are banning patches, how the fuck am I supposed to give up smoking....."

dontshoot
5th September 2009, 22:15

So does anyone know exactly who is on the list?

topless-z3
5th September 2009, 22:38
there was a note in todays rag regarding the triumph club charity ride on sunday. they were filmed by tv one and were on the news, but the news people said they were riding in protest of the patch ban, which has upset a few people. be nice if the media could get something right for once. apparently, tv one will have to air an apology, but we shall see. makes me even madder i had to work... i coulda been on tv. lol. :whocares:

TVNZ did sort of apologise i was at the charity ride it was a awesome ride i was interviewed and all they wanted to know was what where my thoughts on the gang patch ban they didn't give 2 hoots as to what the ride was all about personally i think the whole idea of not been able to wear your patches is crap

Genestho
5th September 2009, 22:52
So does anyone know exactly who is on the list?
According to the Manawatu Standard:

The gangs are Black Power, Head Hunters, Hells Angels, Magogs, Manga Kahu, Mothers, Mongrel Mob, Nomads, Red Devils and Tribesmen.

Paul in NZ
6th September 2009, 10:55
Well, assuming we kinda agree that gangs are not desireable or needed in healthy societies, what measures other than banning patches are required?

scumdog
6th September 2009, 11:31
Well, assuming we kinda agree that gangs are not desireable or needed in healthy societies, what measures other than banning patches are required?

Defining 'gang' would be a start.

Then penalising any gang activity offence twice as hard.

Of course with the number of social misfits and malcontents in NZ there would be tons of 'customers'.

Headbanger
6th September 2009, 17:32
Why define gang??

We already have a definition of criminals, fuckers breaking the law.

If they are involved in criminal behaviour then lock the fucks away, if not then who cares what they wear?

Though I think I maybe repeating myself.

popelli
6th September 2009, 19:06
According to the Manawatu Standard:

The gangs are Black Power, Head Hunters, Hells Angels, Magogs, Manga Kahu, Mothers, Mongrel Mob, Nomads, Red Devils and Tribesmen.

Whats happened to Hiway 61, have they disbanded? why have they been excluded

Brian d marge
7th September 2009, 00:22
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2838209/What-the-gang-patch-means

stone me an interesting article from Stuffed

Stephen

Headbanger
7th September 2009, 18:24
Whats happened to Hiway 61, have they disbanded? why have they been excluded

Perhaps they don't carry any favour with the resident MC and tend to stay away?

Just speculation of course.

Patrick
8th September 2009, 11:12
You can't see the forest for the trees. Typical.

I'm surprised you know forrests have trees....

Beeza
24th September 2009, 01:19
A patch is a patch. Its gonna be interesting to see what really happens this year at Cemetery Circuit. Alot of riders have badges/patches on their jackets. So I guess we will just have to watch this space ............

No need to wonder at all, mate. If you're wearing a gang-patch on the Wanganui banned list, you can bet your next year's pay that the cops WILL haul you in, confiscate your patched garment and set you up for a trial and a fine.

You're a utter dimbulb if you are even thinking of smartarsing around in your gang regalia in Wanganui at the Cemetery Circuit and idiotically imagining that you'll just be left alone. If you choose to cause post-busting drama, you'll most likely cop a 50 000 volt taser into your staunch, stupid adventure.

Does this make it any clearer:no:?