PDA

View Full Version : Free Windows 7 for students

bogan
4th September 2009, 20:19
The MSDNAA offers free software for university students, windows 7 professional x86 and x64 are both on there, get it a few months ahead of everyone else.

subscribed universitys are here (http://www.microsoft.com/nz/academia/msdnaa.aspx)

Ive been mucking round with 7 for a bit, seems pretty good so far.

Trudes
4th September 2009, 20:22
So how do I get hold of it?

CookMySock
4th September 2009, 20:26
Will my computer go belly up in a few months with they close the offer? What software does it come with?

Steve

bogan
4th September 2009, 20:55
So how do I get hold of it?

i had to email someone so they would put my ID number onto the list, I doubt itd be the same person for all unis though. Will ask the guy who told me bout it where he got the contact details from.

from the faq

Q. How do I get registered?
A: Contact the PA (Program Administrator) at your school to see if you are eligible to download software from this System. Your PA's contact email information can be found on the support page. To view this information, please click on the Support button above.
you may need to try and login to get to the support page, and go from there

Not exactly sure about whether the license expires or not, in the system properties it doesnt say anything about it expiring, I just assume itll keep working.

bogan
4th September 2009, 20:58
When you are no longer taking credit courses in the member school, you may no longer obtain MSDNAA software. However, you may continue to use previously installed products on your computer, provided you continue to follow MSDNAA program guidelines.

that clears up the will it shit out after a while question

Blackshear
4th September 2009, 22:11
I'll have a free copy :innocent:
I'll be going back to my XP/Vista dual boot soon. Lame.

Delerium
4th September 2009, 22:42
Im using it. Seems ok. Crashed a few times, and not all the drivers are out yet which is annoying

Metalor
5th September 2009, 02:32
Awesome. Cheers for that man, I'm gonna get the shit out of that.

bogan
5th September 2009, 08:50
Awesome. Cheers for that man, I'm gonna get the shit out of that.

haha, yeht its a sweet deal. I guess if you cant find a link to get registered just contact your IT crew and they will sort it.

Danae
5th September 2009, 09:03
I have the release candidate at the moment. However I'm going to try get my hands on an actual desktop pc next year. By then they will probably already come with windows 7

p.dath
5th September 2009, 09:25
I've changed over to running Windows 7 64 bit edition from Vista 32 bit on my laptop.

It so so much better! I hate Vista.

Usarka
5th September 2009, 17:32
What does it do that vista doesn't?

Blackshear
5th September 2009, 18:08
What does it do that vista doesn't?

Run on netbooks.