PDA

View Full Version : The red mist/boy racers

Maki
5th September 2009, 16:28
Just out of curiosity, does the red mist descend upon you, so to speak when you see a boy racer ahead of you?

For some reason few things give me more pleasure than blasting by some boy racer with a dustbin exhaust and racing stickers... I know it's not healthy, it's juvenile and sometimes illegal behaviour but for some reason it is just in my nature... A few days ago I came up behind this fancy blue Subaru that was weaving all over the road, obviously trying to find an opportunity to pass the cars in front of it on a twisty bit. I just could not resist opening the throttle a fraction and blasting by him and the others... I have been known to do the same kind of thing on other occasions.

I know it's stupid behavior but... Does anyone else here suffer from the red mist from time to time?

slofox
5th September 2009, 16:31
I know it's stupid behavior but... Does anyone else here suffer from the red mist from time to time?

At my age?......well....only when stuck behind trucks that are choking me to death with diesel fumes....

Taz
5th September 2009, 16:34
Doesn't that just make you worse than the boy racer?

Maki
5th September 2009, 16:44

Yes, I know. Im bad. :shit:

Maki
5th September 2009, 16:48
One day, a scorpion looked around at the mountain where he lived and decided that he wanted a change. So he set out on a journey through the forests and hills. He climbed over rocks and under vines and kept going until he reached a river.
The river was wide and swift, and the scorpion stopped to reconsider the situation. He couldn't see any way across. So he ran upriver and then checked downriver, all the while thinking that he might have to turn back.

Suddenly, he saw a frog sitting in the rushes by the bank of the stream on the other side of the river. He decided to ask the frog for help getting across the stream.

"Hellooo Mr. Frog!" called the scorpion across the water, "Would you be so kind as to give me a ride on your back across the river?"

"Well now, Mr. Scorpion! How do I know that if I try to help you, you wont try to kill me?" asked the frog hesitantly.

"Because," the scorpion replied, "If I try to kill you, then I would die too, for you see I cannot swim!"

Now this seemed to make sense to the frog. But he asked. "What about when I get close to the bank? You could still try to kill me and get back to the shore!"

"This is true," agreed the scorpion, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river!"

"Alright then...how do I know you wont just wait till we get to the other side and THEN kill me?" said the frog.

"Ahh...," crooned the scorpion, "Because you see, once you've taken me to the other side of this river, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you with death, now would it?!"

So the frog agreed to take the scorpion across the river. He swam over to the bank and settled himself near the mud to pick up his passenger. The scorpion crawled onto the frog's back, his sharp claws prickling into the frog's soft hide, and the frog slid into the river. The muddy water swirled around them, but the frog stayed near the surface so the scorpion would not drown. He kicked strongly through the first half of the stream, his flippers paddling wildly against the current.

Halfway across the river, the frog suddenly felt a sharp sting in his back and, out of the corner of his eye, saw the scorpion remove his stinger from the frog's back. A deadening numbness began to creep into his limbs.

"You fool!" croaked the frog, "Now we shall both die! Why on earth did you do that?"

The scorpion shrugged, and did a little jig on the drownings frog's back.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank into the muddy waters of the swiftly flowing river.

AllanB
5th September 2009, 16:52
I make it a rule to try not to antagonize car drivers while on my motorcycle. If push comes to shove the car will win.

Try riding slowly next to them (if in town on dual lanes) - if you are lucky you can admire their girl friends :2thumbsup

Maki
5th September 2009, 16:55
I make it a rule to try not to antagonize car drivers while on my motorcycle. If push comes to shove the car will win.

Try riding slowly next to them (if in town on dual lanes) - if you are lucky you can admire their girl friends :2thumbsup

If I have blasted past them they are history as far as I am concerned. They do not inhabit the same time space continuum so any physical contact is impossible.

EJT
5th September 2009, 17:09
A few days ago I came up behind this fancy blue Subaru that was weaving all over the road, obviously trying to find an opportunity to pass the cars in front of it on a twisty bit. I just could not resist opening the throttle a fraction and blasting by him and the others... I have been known to do the same kind of thing on other occasions.

Yep done it myself on occasions. In fact whenever I see cars speeding and overtaking dangerously I feel the need to show them show them the error of their ways....by blasting past them. Usually don't see them again so maybe the embarrassment slows them down:whistle::whistle:

Stupid and immature I know but it gives me a perverse satisfaction. Maybe it is the Kwaka Green making me do silly things:mad:

MSTRS
5th September 2009, 17:18
I have to admit to entertaining this immature little scenario...
Backwards cap in his pus-bucket, gives me the 'eye'. Nod back and off we go. Keep pace with him, but stay in first, or lowest gear as necessary. When Sir Pusbucket approaches terminal velocity, give a cheery wave, click up a gear and ... gone.

Maki
5th September 2009, 17:19
Yep done it myself on occasions. In fact whenever I see cars speeding and overtaking dangerously I feel the need to show them show them the error of their ways....by blasting past them. Usually don't see them again so maybe the embarrassment slows them down:whistle::whistle:

Stupid and immature I know but it gives me a perverse satisfaction. Maybe it is the Kwaka Green making me do silly things:mad:

True, educating those less enlightened than oneself is good deed :devil2:

Molly
5th September 2009, 18:09
Not just boy racers but any prick going past my house like a t**t makes the red mist descend. I live just around a bend after a blind crest (vulnerable spot when reversing out). Anybody with half a f'kin' brain knows to you should be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear but not these f*****s.

I'm just about ready to stand out there with a shotgun...

:angry2:

slofox
5th September 2009, 18:11
Not just boy racers but any prick going past my house like a t**t makes the red mist descend. I live just around a bend after a blind crest (vulnerable spot when reversing out). Anybody with half a f'kin' brain knows to you should be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear but not these f*****s.

I'm just about ready to stand out there with a shotgun...

:angry2:

I lived in a place like that - blind corner etc. Had 22 accidents in the first 24 months I lived there....

duckonin
5th September 2009, 18:20
Nope boy racers win with me, my bike is not fast enough, apart from that I don't care what they do as long as it does not put me or my wife in any danger, or any others for that matter, as I may become a mite:mad:..

Skyryder
5th September 2009, 18:27
I usually see a yellow one. Must come from somewhere else as most have no spine when in groups. Still like most there are some goodun's out there. Was filling up the other day when one came over and made some complimentary remarks about my bike. Polite with it too.

Skyryder

Elysium
5th September 2009, 18:50
If you want to do more then blast past with loud exhausts then you could also scorch their paint job as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1qnmP6nUvw

CookMySock
5th September 2009, 19:11
Just out of curiosity, does the red mist descend upon you, so to speak when you see a boy racer ahead of you?

For some reason few things give me more pleasure than blasting by some boy racer with a dustbin exhaust and racing stickers... I know it's not healthy, it's juvenile and sometimes illegal behaviour but for some reason it is just in my nature... A few days ago I came up behind this fancy blue Subaru that was weaving all over the road, obviously trying to find an opportunity to pass the cars in front of it on a twisty bit. I just could not resist opening the throttle a fraction and blasting by him and the others... I have been known to do the same kind of thing on other occasions.

I know it's stupid behavior but... Does anyone else here suffer from the red mist from time to time?C'mon man, you sound exactly like them. Re-read what you typed - every single sentence is just like what they would be saying.

"haha look at his dumb exhaust"

"few things give me more pleasure than blasting by some boy racer "

"fancy blue Subaru that was weaving all over the road, obviously trying to.."

"I just could not resist opening the throttle a fraction and blasting by him.."

"I know it's stupid behavior but... "

Hey I love blowing off cars too! Buy I don't think they are any less a human being than me, until they actually do something bad.

Steve

Maki
5th September 2009, 19:21
C'mon man, you sound exactly like them. Re-read what you typed - every single sentence is just like what they would be saying.

You seem to have gotten the message. I don't really think I am any different or better than they are. I may even be worse. Just because my ass is on a bike it does not make me any better than people who drive a cage.

If you don't like them and think that you are better than they are that's fine, maybe you are. I sure as hell am not.

scumdog
5th September 2009, 19:22

Yep, I bet I'm not the only one to agree......

Sidewinder
5th September 2009, 19:24
yes!
i had some gay boy racer showing of to me. so did a wheelie past him with a cop coming out a side street!, was a good noght time police case in the wet.lol

Maki
5th September 2009, 19:25
Yep, I bet I'm not the only one to agree......

I got there first. ;)

CookMySock
5th September 2009, 19:29
I don't really think I am any different or better than they are. I may even be worse. Just because my ass is on a bike it does not make me any better than people who drive a cage.

If you don't like them and think that you are better than they are that's fine, maybe you are. I sure as hell am not.It isn't that I don't like anyone. I was a young clown in a car years ago. I learned my lessons the hard way, and by several hundred strokes of good luck I am still alive. :whistle:

People in cars don't bother me. If they are in a the way, I pass them without hesitation. One after the next, after the next, after the next - I do it all day - its good fun. I have no idea who they are personally - it's just another car to pass. :yawn: I make no judgement on the driver. I have no idea what they are thinking or where they are going, and nor do I care - I'm just riding. I don't notice or have any interest in their exhaust, sound system, tyres, wheels, make, model, year, colour or even their girlfriend.

Ok ok, so maybe I am interested in their girlfriend. :hug:

Steve

Maki
5th September 2009, 19:36
I suppose it sounds judgmental these days, just to call someone a boy racer. I was a boy racer once too and loved it. Boy racers never bothered me. The roads would be less interesting without them.

Swoop
5th September 2009, 19:48
I believe it is a common courtesy to sit by their window, so they may enjoy athe aural stimulation of a proper exhaust tone, rather than a strangled 1200cc cageist engine with a baked-bean-can welded to the end of their exhaust.
"Acceleration" is not in their vocabulary, so why bother at the lights?

CookMySock
5th September 2009, 20:00
I believe it is a common courtesy to sit by their window, so they may enjoy athe aural stimulation of a proper exhaust toneHehe, what I really like is noisy V8 versus noisy Vtwin. OMFG is that a tune to behold or what! SNARL SNORT SNORT SNARL GRRRRROWL CRACKLE SNORT SNARL!! I was following some modern V8 of some description up mt messenger and I just sat behind him all the way up the mountain and listened to our two exhaust notes intermingled.. wow what a shocking sound. :whistle:

Of course, at the summit I did the proper biker thing and blew him into the weeds. :hug:

Steve

bsasuper
5th September 2009, 20:57
Who gives a toss about boy/girl racers anyway:zzzz:

scumdog
5th September 2009, 21:23
I lived in a place like that - blind corner etc. Had 22 accidents in the first 24 months I lived there....

Only mostly the weren't 'accidents'..

ManDownUnder
5th September 2009, 21:31
Red mist? No.

How I handle it? I know I have nothing to prove. I win before there's even a challenge

Maki
5th September 2009, 21:37
Red mist? No.

How I handle it? I know I have nothing to prove. I win before there's even a challenge

Did you dig your grave yet? Sounds like you are ripe for it.

chef
5th September 2009, 21:43
i have the same problem i LOVE blowing off boyracers it gives me great satisfaction if i blow atleast 1 off a day i will be happy for the rest of my life

McWild
5th September 2009, 21:48
it gives me great satisfaction if i blow atleast 1 off a day i will be happy for the rest of my life

Deary me, the youth of today!
:baby:

:slap:

ManDownUnder
5th September 2009, 21:49
Did you dig your grave yet? Sounds like you are ripe for it.

How is Big Ears these days?

ynot slow
6th September 2009, 08:19
Winter,raining and wankstein who was driving and pissing people off(heaps of toots and fist waving at him)can beside me at the lights.Boom,boom,fart,fart sounds from stereo and exhaust.No traffic,so foot on brake and spin the tyres,couple of secs,he does it and for a heap of shit not bad,but he should've checked his mirrors,lights turn green and I take off,he screams off,next light,similar with him,me I spotted the cop at lights before,this time boy racer gets disco lights activated.I'm asked to pull over as well,get out and cop asked me if I was being harrassed,boy fuckwit rants yes he spun his tyres when I did it,doh.Cop says to him cheers dude,was going to give you a warning,as I saw the last bit of your first spin,but it was the take off I was going to ping ya for,pretty wet road and realise spin up is easy.But since you have admitted doing it twice I'll organise car transporter to impound the car.I hop in and go away.Mind you the cop did ask if I had done a burn out,who me I grinned,never,to old to do that shit.

DMNTD
6th September 2009, 08:37
... i LOVE blowing off boyracers it gives me great satisfaction if i blow atleast 1 off a day i will be happy for the rest of my life

Oh come on...:lol:

Genestho
6th September 2009, 08:50
i LOVE blowing off boyracers it gives me great satisfaction if i blow atleast 1 off a day i will be happy for the rest of my life
I wonder if that assists in the releasing of testosterone, therefore less aggression...this could be considered an official option! :baby: (Teeheeeee)

scumdog
6th September 2009, 08:54
i have the same problem i LOVE blowing off boyracers it gives me great satisfaction if i blow atleast 1 off a day i will be happy for the rest of my life

The sheer volume of semen will give you bad gums and corrode you fillings young man....:lol:

Mind you, when your teeth all fall out these boyracers WILL be happy.:dodge:

chef
6th September 2009, 09:42
thought saying thatwould stir something....but yup i love it still ha every boy racer i BURN off not blow ha, im sure my penis size gets bigger by 1 inch

chef
6th September 2009, 09:43
i only blow off girl racers

Molly
6th September 2009, 20:02
i only blow off girl racers

I just blow off. I think it's my age...

SVboy
7th September 2009, 10:07
I am always somewhat circumspect when passing a car full of hoons, just in case the red mist descends on them and they feel a challenge has been made, and a race is on. An Evo or subbie STi v moi over the Akkas hill would possibly be somewhat scary. We all know who wins in a car V bike accident.

Rodney007
7th September 2009, 10:13
mate boy racers have been round for a err.....a while now so get used to them and just mind ur own buisness,,

kevfromcoro
7th September 2009, 10:27
Some of those rice rockets can haul ass.
i had one pass me doing about 160+
didnt even see him coming.

Drunken Monkey
7th September 2009, 10:32
When I rode, I pay little attention to the type of car I am passing.

When I drive, I AM a boy racer with a dustbin exhaust, so bite me.

ynot slow
7th September 2009, 11:10
Hopefully can post a video from weekend of an elderly boy racer (60yrs or so)doing massive burnout.Was in tui carpark so private property in a XR8 with 330kw,young guys have yet to cinvince me the cubic inches don't rule,sure a twin turbo rice burner could do as good,but this was at 4000rpm,and the sequential box getting to 3rd.Pretty stock standard car,albeit a V8.

modboy
7th September 2009, 11:23

For some reason few things give me more pleasure than blasting by some boy racer with a dustbin exhaust and racing stickers...

Oh yea !!! I love pulling up to some braindead hoodie wearing retard in a WRX or similar - rapping the throttle so he can hear my debaffled Arrow growl - and then leaving him totally smoked at the lights... haha.

Sorry, I know it's bad - but it's just too hard to resist.

chef
7th September 2009, 16:34
Oh yea !!! I love pulling up to some braindead hoodie wearing retard in a WRX or similar - rapping the throttle so he can hear my debaffled Arrow growl - and then leaving him totally smoked at the lights... haha.

Sorry, I know it's bad - but it's just too hard to resist.

yup it sure does even pulling up to some rugged samo in there beaten up mitsi gilant or w.e with rims worth more than the car and just looking at them at the red light and soon as its green they cant see me anymore...ahhh great pleasure almost beter than sex

SMOKEU
7th September 2009, 16:47
yup it sure does even pulling up to some rugged samo in there beaten up mitsi gilant or w.e with rims worth more than the car and just looking at them at the red light and soon as its green they cant see me anymore...ahhh great pleasure almost beter than sex

Good luck taking out a quick petrol turbo car on a 250cc bike.

bogan
7th September 2009, 16:55
wait a sec, u guys have boy racers that actually race? In palmy they just drive around (and around, and around......) the square in thier shithouse cars, no fun at all.

Indiana_Jones
7th September 2009, 17:59
That cunt of a frog had it coming

-Indy

chef
7th September 2009, 20:05
yea i come to see my gf alot and they all just ride around that dam square

chef
7th September 2009, 20:06
Good luck taking out a quick petrol turbo car on a 250cc bike.

its not any ordanairy 250cc :)

Indiana_Jones
7th September 2009, 20:10
its not any ordanairy 250cc :)

a GT250P? :lol:

-Indy