PDA

View Full Version : Finaly

Magua
8th April 2005, 09:45
Today I get my motorcycle back! It's been off the road in a heap in my garage since December. I had it going for a while, it then stopped working. After several attempts I gave up on it and gave it to a bikeshop. Close to $600 later :no: it is fixed, wof'ed and registired and shall be ready for me to pick up after work tonight. I think it's time I come along for a KB ride.

James Deuce
8th April 2005, 09:55
Excellent news!

Does this mean the whinging will stop? :)

bear
8th April 2005, 11:35
That's good news fella, pity it was out of action for most of the summer. Bet your dead keen to get out there!

inlinefour
8th April 2005, 11:39
Excellent news!

Hopefully this will make you much happier. :niceone:

erik
8th April 2005, 13:20
Awsome :niceone:

What was wrong with it?

SPORK
8th April 2005, 18:36

What was wrong with it?
Is "everything" a decent enough answer?

Magua
8th April 2005, 20:27
Excellent news!

Hey, I haven't been voted acne yet :msn-wink: .
I should have some pictures up tommorow.

Magua
8th April 2005, 20:29

What was wrong with it?

Airbox, Bulb, Speedo, front wheel bearings, indicators. I had other work done, like filters. Aparently it had a frozen powervalve too, which I was told by people on here that are only on 2 strokes?

John
8th April 2005, 20:31
Airbox, Bulb, Speedo, front wheel bearings, indicators. I had other work done, like filters. Aparently it had a frozen powervalve too, which I was told by people on here that are only on 2 strokes?
Exup?

(message to short)

Magua
8th April 2005, 20:32
Maybe, I didn't actually get to talk to the mechanic as I work long hours. My mother picked up the keys and they left the bike out for me.

SPORK
8th April 2005, 20:49
Hey, I haven't been voted acne yet :msn-wink: .

Yes you have! Sheesh, get with the times, slobbergoat :lol:

James Deuce
8th April 2005, 20:51
Exup?

(message to short)

Yup, dead right there - it's a valve in the exhaust that maximises exhaust flow, and goes some way toward giving an engine with a bias to developing all it's power at the top end, a little midrange.

Magua
8th April 2005, 21:16
One question, I had a new speedo installed. It has substantially higher kms than my last one. How can this be rectified?

John
8th April 2005, 21:19
One question, I had a new speedo installed. It has substantially higher kms than my last one. How can this be rectified?
Take it apart and twist the numbers backwards, thats all I did in my CT125 took it apart and twisted it backwards...

SPman
8th April 2005, 22:35
Exup?

(message to short)

2KR's dont have EXUP!

John
8th April 2005, 22:39
2KR's dont have EXUP!
Erm, I thought after 1987 they did, Dont know the year of his bike - but I would say it was the exup valve, as they are considered a powervalve, or maybe the mech ment that one of the valves were fooked.

Sorry dont know if your being funny or something, it is a FZR250 isnt it..? Looks alot like it in the picture.. although its not the RR I'm sure it would have exup still, it was yammies pride..

SPman
8th April 2005, 22:53
The 2KR model (the one with the square tube frame) was EXUP-less - unless its been re-engined with a later motor. The EXUP was fitted to the 3LN model (FZR250RR) from 88 on - the model with the alloy "Delta Box frame.
Have you tried http://fzr250.com/ ?

John
8th April 2005, 22:57
The 2KR model (the one with the square tube frame) was EXUP-less - unless its been re-engined with a later motor. The EXUP was fitted to the 3LN model (FZR250RR) from 88 on - the model with the alloy "Delta Box frame.
Have you tried http://fzr250.com/ ?

Oh ok, sorry thanks for knowing more than me :niceone:

Magua
9th April 2005, 14:30
It is an 1988 FZR250 2kr, with exup.

John
9th April 2005, 14:48
It is an 1988 FZR250 2kr, with exup.
ohhh I'm a winaarr :D lol...