PDA

View Full Version : Intro from a Newbie (JHolmes)

JHolmes
6th September 2009, 02:02
Hi Everyone.
Jay is my name and I'm from Australia (don't shoot me for that) I'm coming over there soon for a holiday and would like to meet as many of you as I can (online) and hopefully make some friends.

I have the best time riding my GSXR 1000 around here in Victoria and enjoy having a pillion on the back every now and then.
Riding fast is my style and I cant help that, road raced from a young age and so looking forward very much to riding in NZ and maybe hooking up with people from this group.

JayH

kevfromcoro
6th September 2009, 02:37
wellcome to KB....
bring some warm weather when you come. this winter has been shit
your fathers name is not sherlock is it??

fatzx10r
6th September 2009, 05:02
welcome jay, what part of the contry are you heading too?

KrazyGixxerBoy
6th September 2009, 18:26
Welcome mate! I'm not sure what part of the contry you're heading to but whereever you go, rest assured there will be a lot of like minded people ready to go cruising! :headbang: If you're coming to Wellington (as you probably should!) flick us a PM and we can catch up. There's a good group of KB'ers in Wellington that are always keen on a ride....

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 03:08
Thanks for the Welcome guy's. Cheers

My friend wants to go back to the Sth Island to do some hiking, mountains I think she said:eek5:

Me I'm thinking some sports bike riding would be more what I want to do:crazy:

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 03:10
welcome jay, what part of the contry are you heading too?

Sth Island is what we are going to do, early next year

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 03:16
Welcome mate! I'm not sure what part of the contry you're heading to but whereever you go, rest assured there will be a lot of like minded people ready to go cruising! :headbang: If you're coming to Wellington (as you probably should!) flick us a PM and we can catch up. There's a good group of KB'ers in Wellington that are always keen on a ride....

Thanks for the offer Krazy, might take you up on that.........cheers

PS Hoping to get enough time to do both Islands is my plan and its up to me as far as time issue is concerned lol.

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 03:24
wellcome to KB....
bring some warm weather when you come. this winter has been shit
your fathers name is not sherlock is it??

kev, its been shit here too, never been so cold as I have been this year:argh:

Not a good idea to ask me to bring warm weather, everywhere I go it rains.

And no, fathers name is not sherlock lol.

PS Answering all to get my posts up so I can PM;)

crazyhorse
7th September 2009, 07:03
Hi Jay

We're in the Hawkes Bay. :woohoo: Awesome roads for going quick and windy through corners. :innocent: Give us a holla if you come up this way, happy to have you join us for rides too.

Cheers

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 18:27
I haven't worked out a route yet, but my friend still seems to think that I will be hiking:eek5:

Let me put it this way...........she can hike and I will ride:woohoo:

Sounds good to me and fair lol

You can see why I am a single man now cant you:whistle:

Duke girl
7th September 2009, 18:31
Hi there Jay,
Im from Victoria myself (Geelong) actually and have been living over here for the past 10+ yrs. If you come over let me know as it would be great to meet.

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 18:35
Hi Jay

We're in the Hawkes Bay. :woohoo: Awesome roads for going quick and windy through corners. :innocent: Give us a holla if you come up this way, happy to have you join us for rides too.

Cheers

You guy's are great! Inviting me on rides and you dont even know me yet:2thumbsup But give it time, wont be long until you do. cheers

98tls
7th September 2009, 18:35
Sth Island is what we are going to do, early next year Good thinking,West coast of the Sth isle is bike heaven,sing out if you do,if i am off shift theres a beer/bed whatever here.Heading over your side of the ditch next year for a look,guys off the TL site over there have offered accom pretty much everywhere i want to go so should be a great trip.

YellowDog
7th September 2009, 18:38
Hi Jay and welcome.

You need to tell your friend to get the hiking out of her system nice and early in the year, as the South Island gets pretty cold as the year moves on.

Auckland has been 'uckin brill for a while now.

Kiwi riding is great. You'll love it, even if you pillion doesn't see sense.

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 18:42
Hi there Jay,
Im from Victoria myself (Geelong) actually and have been living over here for the past 10+ yrs. If you come over let me know as it would be great to meet.

Hi Duke girl, from Vic hey and Geelong to be precise, I can see why you made the move lol.........Only Joking trust me.

10 years !! How come you made that move ?

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 18:47
Good thinking,West coast of the Sth isle is bike heaven,sing out if you do,if i am off shift theres a beer/bed whatever here.Heading over your side of the ditch next year for a look,guys off the TL site over there have offered accom pretty much everywhere i want to go so should be a great trip.

I am soooooo looking forward to this, it should be shit hot.

And its great to see Bikers from all over the place looking out for each other.

Excellent !

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 18:54
Hi Jay and welcome.

You need to tell your friend to get the hiking out of her system nice and early in the year, as the South Island gets pretty cold as the year moves on.

Auckland has been 'uckin brill for a while now.

Kiwi riding is great. You'll love it, even if you pillion doesn't see sense.

Well mate she is trying to save the world in her own little way, and good luck to her I say lol

And she make's the worst pillion ............slow down..........dont over take here..........watch out for that lizard etc etc on and on and ..............well you get the picture.

Duke girl
7th September 2009, 18:54
Hi Duke girl, from Vic hey and Geelong to be precise, I can see why you made the move lol.........Only Joking trust me.

10 years !! How come you made that move ?

I had a job to come over here and try and Educate these New Zealanders which wasn't successfull, and all because they can't understand me. I think it has something to do with my TWANG.
No seriously its a long long story.
Where in Victoria are you based?

I'm motarded
7th September 2009, 18:55
Welcome dude

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 19:00
I had a job to come over here and try and Educate these New Zealanders which wasn't successfull, and all because they can't understand me. I think it has something to do with my TWANG.
No seriously its a long long story.
Where in Victoria are you based?

TWANG ?????????? Long story, great, love a good story.

Melbourne is the base and sleep in the Sth East burbs

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 19:02
Welcome dude

DUDE !.............HEY !!!

Cheers

Duke girl
7th September 2009, 19:03
TWANG ?????????? Long story, great, love a good story.

Melbourne is the base and sleep in the Sth East burbs

Well when you come over and we manage to catch up then the long story will be told.
So what AFL team do you barrick for?.

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 19:08
Well when you come over and we manage to catch up then the long story will be told.
So what AFL team do you barrick for?.

COOL !!!!!!
My team is...........St Kilda and for once they are looking good to grab a flag this year.
Do you still follow Aus Rules over there?

crazyhorse
7th September 2009, 19:13
You guy's are great! Inviting me on rides and you dont even know me yet:2thumbsup But give it time, wont be long until you do. cheers

Bikers are bikers, so you don't need to know them. We all have things in common, and its a fun way to meet new people. Do it all the time. It sounds like you won't be short of a few rides when you do get here and organised. :woohoo:

Duke girl
7th September 2009, 19:15
I sure do and at least my team Geelong is 2nd on the ladder. We get 1 game every weekend on TV over here which is usually shown on 1 of the Sky Sport channels.

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 19:19
Bikers are bikers, so you don't need to know them. We all have things in common, and its a fun way to meet new people. Do it all the time. It sounds like you won't be short of a few rides when you do get here and organised. :woohoo:

crazyhorse, it's sounding great and looking good:woohoo:

JHolmes
7th September 2009, 19:25
I sure do and at least my team Geelong is 2nd on the ladder. We get 1 game every weekend on TV over here which is usually shown on 1 of the Sky Sport channels.

I have a ? for you........Why do people who come from Geelong also support the Geelong Football Club ? I mean the people I know who have come from Geelong seem to all support it as well.

You see I'm from Melbourne but I support St Kilda,...........weird that lol

Duke girl
8th September 2009, 08:08
I have a ? for you........Why do people who come from Geelong also support the Geelong Football Club ? I mean the people I know who have come from Geelong seem to all support it as well.

You see I'm from Melbourne but I support St Kilda,...........weird that lol

Its the most Loyal thing 1 can do Support and Barrick for your home team, and my Father use to play for Geelong and was a born and breed Geelong person. Go the Mighty Cats!!!!!!!!!

onearmedbandit
8th September 2009, 08:51
Welcome to the site. Are you bringing your bike over here or selling up and buying here?

Sparky Bills
8th September 2009, 09:15
Mate you would hate our roads... They are twisty with the odd fast sweeper and plenty of grip (could be agued).
Sounds horrible to me! :whistle:

You want to time it in with a trackday or 4 while your over here.

Swoop
8th September 2009, 12:35
Welcome Jay!

My friend wants to go back to the Sth Island to do some hiking, mountains I think she said:eek5:

Luckily the South Island has a couple of those...:rolleyes:
Horrible place. Full of bendy roads and bugger all traffic.
:ride:

Bardman
9th September 2009, 12:32
Weastcoast sth island is fantastic riding country, weather can be a bit dodgy tho.
Im up in nelson, we have some great roads in the area, the takaka hill is just magic, tight twisty corners.:woohoo:
The weather aint bad either, got some great tramping tracks too

quickbuck
11th September 2009, 00:40
As said... It is better to see the South Island (Main Land) by (motor)bike rather than foot....
Walking in the Alps is Really dangerous stuff!!!

Motorcycling is much safer.... and you are a little less likely to get a ride in a Helicopter (you really don't want to ride in them!)

As Sparky said too, try and get in on a Track Day. No Farmer Jones around the blind corner on his Massey Ferguson.....

Have a good trip over here.... Might see you around.