PDA

View Full Version : GSXR-750 motor wanted!

ehab2weelr
6th September 2009, 11:33
ok so my gixxer is now truly F**kd up.... i sent in my motor to get the gear box sorted a few weeks back..... the dude told me i need new 3rd 4th 5th and 6th out put gears.... ok thats about 4oo from states.... and shafts which are some how 2-300. all i no is that all up parts are 700. but he was gana charge me 1800 + gst to do the work so i told him to send it back. he charged me 225..... got the motor back in parts....( the gear box and all its crap not in the motor but in a box)

funny thing is all that is ok..... but he told me that he found my a chunk of my clutch basket in the oil holding thing cant recall what its called....

b4 i took down the motor the thing was riding fine just cant get into 5th and 6th. now how on earth did it snap of so cleanly? looks to me like someone used too much force to get it out...........

what the hell do i do? and anyone know were i can get a new one for cheap?

also anyone has a GSXR 750 2000 (KY-K3) motor for me?

motorbyclist
6th September 2009, 11:55
ouch - gutted

funny thing is all that is ok..... but he told me that he found my a chunk of my clutch basket in the oil holding thing cant recall what its called....

b4 i took down the motor the thing was riding fine just cant get into 5th and 6th. now how on earth did it snap of so cleanly? looks to me like someone used too much force to get it out...........

we can't say without seeing it, but yes gear teeth do snap off cleanly, and i can't imagine how someone could break it removing it, nor how that would look any different unless there were tool/hammer marks present. (but it does strike me as odd that you fucked 4 of 6 output gears but none of the input gears)

unless you mean the chunk of clutch basket? didn't you also have a go at that and leave a tool in there?

post photos so we can see what broke and how - preferably annotated if you know which gears are which

and why couldn't you use 5th/6th? wouldn't shift? wouldn't engage? horrible noise? would slip/catch/slip/catch? just became "neutral" gears?

enigma51
6th September 2009, 11:59
ok so my gixxer is now truly F**kd up.... i sent in my motor to get the gear box sorted a few weeks back..... the dude told me i need new 3rd 4th 5th and 6th out put gears.... ok thats about 4oo from states.... and shafts which are some how 2-300. all i no is that all up parts are 700. but he was gana charge me 1800 + gst to do the work so i told him to send it back. he charged me 225..... got the motor back in parts....( the gear box and all its crap not in the motor but in a box)

Give dangerous bastard a call he's good at these type of things

ehab2weelr
6th September 2009, 13:07
yea 5th would slip out, 6th would make bad sounds....

the teeth are fine.... it seems to be the part the engages the gears that has chips on it..... il get pics but cant do it anytime soon.....

and the bit that snapped is the clutch basket...... yea i did change the clutch but no tool was left in there hahaha..... it changed the clutch months a go was running fine...... after the frame prob... i thought might as well sort out the gear box.........

yea i have to go give it a clear look when i can and see if i can find any tool chip marks or something...........

Slyer
6th September 2009, 13:10
We've got a GSR600 engine in squiggle's garage if you want that. :bleh:
Should bolt right on. ;)

ehab2weelr
6th September 2009, 13:12
oi Dans bike......... dear touch it and i will get you!!!!!! ahahahah!!!!

hahah

hows that beast?

and back to my prob......

Slyer
6th September 2009, 14:06
hows that beast?
In many pieces at the moment...

ital916
6th September 2009, 17:52

What you need is a can of petrol and some matches.

klyong82
7th September 2009, 12:55
or buy a Honda....Ebay is your friend Ehab might be able to buy a mint gearbox from US.

edit: you will have more luck with Ebay UK.....it is pricey but still worth it to get it repaired

HDTboy
7th September 2009, 19:30
How much do you want for the bike as is?

Squiggles
7th September 2009, 20:46
Id blame neglect/abuse haha

motorbyclist
8th September 2009, 02:06
how the hell can you neglect a gearbox? they *should* be non-serviced items even under "enthusiastic" use.

the clutch is another story, but even that shouldn't need any work until replacement/modification.

though, this is an ex-race motor, so yes the gearbox IS infact an item to be monitored.

moral of the story; don't buy an ex-race bike for your daily commute if reliability is important

kevfromcoro
8th September 2009, 02:23
while on the subject of bike bits.
has anyone got muffler for gsx 600 or thou....

Squiggles
8th September 2009, 10:28
how the hell can you neglect a gearbox?

You've got to be kidding.

Slyer
8th September 2009, 11:16
Clutchless down shifting at high RPM?
One exactly of gearbox abuse. :bleh:

ehab2weelr
8th September 2009, 12:26
i just wana know what i can do... not what could have happend...
i knew this was gana happen and i have the cash to fix.... but need to know by who, and where i can get the parts from.

How much do you want for the bike as is?

i love that bike to death ay... but if i was to sell as is... i think il let it go for 6gs... just cause i dont think i wana sell it...

but u can let me know how much ur keen for and il c what happens..
thanks tho

Clutchless down shifting at high RPM?
One exactly of gearbox abuse. :bleh:

neva abused my gear box.... and it was well looked afta... juat cant help what happend...

Slyer
8th September 2009, 13:17
I meant example not exactly. =/

motorbyclist
8th September 2009, 15:47
while on the subject of bike bits.
has anyone got muffler for gsx 600 or thou....

actually, my brother is trying to flog off a stainless muffler he bought for his hornet but (thankfully) decided against fitting. 2 inch pipe at a guess, slip-on.

You've got to be kidding.

abuse and neglect are very different things.

then again, this is a suzuki we're talking about.... wouldn't entirely be surprised if the gearbox was a "check clearances every 10000km" item :laugh:

motorbyclist
8th September 2009, 15:56
wouldn't entirely be surprised if the gearbox was a "check clearances every 10000km" item :laugh:

however, if the gearbox IS subject to abuse, like a race machine is, the gearbox does become "neglectable".

for normal use, there's isn't any good in splitting the crankcases to inspect the gearbox until something has actually begun to go wrong/make noises.

Regular oil changes are about all that should be required, and that's much more for the motor's sake than the gearbox.

Real_Wolf
8th September 2009, 17:25
Did you really just quote yourself rather than editing your post? Especially when it was teh last post so it wouldn't even show up as being edited.

As for going wrong/making noises, does that include being unable to change to the higher gears

HDTboy
8th September 2009, 19:10
i love that bike to death ay... but if i was to sell as is... i think il let it go for 6gs... just cause i dont think i wana sell it...

thanks tho

No deal. I don't want to insult you

ital916
8th September 2009, 19:25
i just wana know what i can do... not what could have happend...
i knew this was gana happen and i have the cash to fix.... but need to know by who, and where i can get the parts from.

thanks tho

neva abused my gear box.... and it was well looked afta... juat cant help what happend...

6 grand, thats a laugh! You bought it for less than that and thats when it wasnt fucked beyond belief...well less fucked than it is now but still fucked. ;)

In the end the smart thing would be to sell it to a wrecker, call it a lesson learnt and buy something else.

offer him a grand HDTboy!

:corn::corn:

ital916
8th September 2009, 19:27
No deal. I don't want to insult you

go on, itll be a laugh, what would you offer.

Lets play the offer game.

I offer 20 bucks plus a chuppa chup for it......with 20 cash going my way. In the end...Id give you a chuppa chup for it......wait, actually I would prefer the chuppa chup.

PirateJafa
8th September 2009, 19:28
How much is your SRV worth these days Dushy? :rofl:

ital916
8th September 2009, 19:30
How much is your SRV worth these days Dushy? :rofl:

How much iks your RD worth? Especially with its "special edition" rusted shocks.

sweet fuck all...tis why I will never sell it, Ill run it into the ground. She runs mint though, no oil leaks, no breaks, no problems.

ehab2weelr
9th September 2009, 09:01
i said 6gs cause i dont realy wana sell it i love it too much. and yea i got it 4 less than that but i had to spend so much more on it.

but if i have to let it go. il probly go for 4gs? i dono

klyong82
9th September 2009, 10:41
i said 6gs cause i dont realy wana sell it i love it too much. and yea i got it 4 less than that but i had to spend so much more on it.

but if i have to let it go. il probly go for 4gs? i dono

Don't sell it bro....it is a nice bike...I like yellow colour - only only Fireblades came in yellow. I think you are better off just repairing the gearbox since you have put abit of cash into it because selling it off would mean only a couple grand. You can try to wreck it to recover your losses but I am not sure are you prepared to have bits and pieces lying everywhere.

Kornholio
9th September 2009, 11:29
Don't sell it bro....it is a nice bike...I like yellow colour - only only Fireblades came in yellow. I think you are better off just repairing the gearbox since you have put abit of cash into it because selling it off would mean only a couple grand. You can try to wreck it to recover your losses but I am not sure are you prepared to have bits and pieces lying everywhere.

Oooh a Yellow one...got any pics?

klyong82
9th September 2009, 12:49
Oooh a Yellow one...got any pics?

Looks like the same colour to your in your profile pic