PDA

View Full Version : Bucket racer for sale

jasonu
7th September 2009, 10:18
For sale TZRG 100 Bucket Racer
Many hand made and factory parts
Over 24hp dynoed at rear wheel
Seasoned slick tires
If you want to win races it will cost you $5500.
Can be viewed in Titirangi, Auckland
No tire kickers or time wasters
Reply via email to jasonulyatt.1@msn.com and I'll get back to you.

Kendog
7th September 2009, 12:50
If I don't want to win races will it cost less?
I only ask becuase if that price is right, it's a scary sign of where bucket prices are heading.

Buckets4Me
7th September 2009, 12:51
For sale TZRG 100 Bucket Racer
Many hand made and factory parts
Over 24hp dynoed at rear wheel
Seasoned slick tires
If you want to win races it will cost you $5500.
Can be viewed in Titirangi, Auckland
No tire kickers or time wasters
Reply via email to jasonulyatt.1@msn.com and I'll get back to you.

any garranty with that ????

dam nice looking bike there
you should bring it out to the track on the 19th and show it off may be the odd interested party

F5 Dave
7th September 2009, 13:29
Decided against coming back to NZ then? Shame. Good luck with sale, though it would have to set a new precedence for price.

I've ridden this bike & it is proper fast.

jasonu
7th September 2009, 14:11
If I don't want to win races will it cost less?
I only ask becuase if that price is right, it's a scary sign of where bucket prices are heading.
Thanks for looking
Try building one properly for less...

Buddha#81
7th September 2009, 15:24
Thanks for looking
Try building one properly for less...

Depend on its a self build or pay someone to do it? Also depends on where the parts are sourced. I know of a RS/MB125 down here which is a well built very good looking (possibly one of the best presented in NZ) and a very fast bike. It was built for under $1500. BUT if you had someone build it for you $5K + wouldn't be out of the question. The CBR's ex aussie were $9K but I thought the $1K I payed for my FXR was steep? If thats what its worth, thats whats its worth, good luck with the sale!

speedpro
7th September 2009, 19:02
Last time out it had some old fat slow dude on it. Got video somewhere. Still it went OK.

Buckets4Me
7th September 2009, 20:24
Last time out it had some old fat slow dude on it. Got video somewhere. Still it went OK.

Did he win ?????????

hmurphy
7th September 2009, 21:37
Hahahaha steering damper. Don't want any tank slappers under tremendous power at over 100km/h on a kart track aye!?

Seriously though that is a LOT of money to spend on a bucket in my opinion. I got into buckets because they are cheap, and so far it really has been (to a certain extent). I found I spend more time than money working on my bucket which suits me just fine!!

In saying that, this bucket looks AMAZING and I would really love to have a go on it. Good luck with the sale and I will ask some of my rich mates if they would be keen on it.

DELLORTO
7th September 2009, 21:42
Hahahaha steering damper. Don't want any tank slappers under tremendous power at over 100km/h on a kart track aye!?

Seriously though that is a LOT of money to spend on a bucket in my opinion. I got into buckets because they are cheap, and so far it really has been (to a certain extent). I found I spend more time than money working on my bucket which suits me just fine!!

In saying that, this bucket looks AMAZING and I would really love to have a go on it. Good luck with the sale and I will ask some of my rich mates if they would be keen on it.

i almost brought a steering damper today.....:whistle: until i saw the price tag....:angry2: buckets are cheap.....until you race at mt welly....where even b-grade is run by modded fxr150....is great fun though.....i like having my bike fast as i can take it to track days and not need to stop for a break half way down the straight.

R6_kid
7th September 2009, 22:03
Excuse my ignorance but what is with the carb being mounted on the side? Is it crank case induction or something? I know 2strokes use the movement of the piston to scavenge air/fuel mixture from the crank, is that was is happening here?

quallman1234
7th September 2009, 22:24
Excuse my ignorance but what is with the carb being mounted on the side? Is it crank case induction or something? I know 2strokes use the movement of the piston to scavenge air/fuel mixture from the crank, is that was is happening here?

Rotary/Disc valve. Its common for older 2 strokes. Someone with more knowledge about it would know the advantages over reed valve's. But i believe you can control when the mixture is let into the crank case more accurately.

From memory i believe the KTM 125GP bikes run Rotary/Disc valves. The honda's run Reed Valves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-stroke_engine

Slingshot
7th September 2009, 22:41
Rotary/Disc valve. Its common for older 2 strokes.

I think you'll find that it's common on the cooler 2-strokes :)

quallman1234
7th September 2009, 23:57
I think you'll find that it's common on the cooler 2-strokes :)

Arr yes, i've been waiting for the day some one bins on the side of their carb and smashes it real bad!

jasonu
8th September 2009, 04:36

Thanks for that Green
J

jasonu
8th September 2009, 04:49
i almost brought a steering damper today.....:whistle: until i saw the price tag....:angry2: buckets are cheap.....until you race at mt welly....where even b-grade is run by modded fxr150....is great fun though.....i like having my bike fast as i can take it to track days and not need to stop for a break half way down the straight.

Yes it has a steering damper. After having one on my old Rs125 I wouldn't be without one now. Doesn't make a huge diff at Mt Welli but on the old Taupo pre 2000) it was worth its weight in titanium.

People say you can build a bucket for a lot less which is true. Hell,you can buy a shitter for $150, depends what you want to do. What gets you right in the pocket though is the 'few hundies' here and there for this and that to make you go 'faster' Before you know it your $1500 bucket now owes you $3k and counting. This one is more or less ready to go a fat power band and only 74kg 1/2 wet.

Trudes
8th September 2009, 06:24
I for one am quite pleased to see a bucket racer being priced for what it's worth. Not so good for those who are starting out and wanting to buy something all ready to go, but good for those who have spent countless hours in the garage modifying things, buying bits and pieces (with only 50% of the stuff you buy actually working) and generally costing more than you'll ever get back on cables, paint, brake cylinders, etc etc. I have a general idea how much my last bucket cost me and it was a 'cheap shitter' and when I sold it I got about half what I spent on it back. I also know exactly how much I have spent on my current bucket and I know if I was to sell it today there's no way I'd get that back either.... and that doesn't factor in labour time.
So anyway, what I'm trying to say is, that seems like a lot of $$ for a bucket racer, but hey, if that's what you think it's worth and someone is willing to pay that much for it, then that's what it's worth. Also makes it easier for others to get somewhere close to what they've spent on their buckets back when they decide to sell, so it's all good!
Not everyone wants a FXR. Go the two stroke!!;)
Good luck with the sale. :)

F5 Dave
8th September 2009, 10:04
I remember riding my RS125 back when it still had an RS125 engine in it, I took it for a sneaky testride down a special deserted backstreet (closed off of course :whistle:) & preceded to scare myself witless over the bumpy sections. I bought a damper for it the next day. The only place I rode it was Taupo old cct & yeah it did need it, however on Taupo new neither of my RS'd bikes did.

Have a research of 125 & 250 racebikes of the past 10 years. Most years GPs are festooned with rotary disc engines with a small sprinkling of reed engine mixed in. Was popular in the 70-80s but fell out of favour with higher manufacturing costs & reeds appeared to be the way ahead.

jasonu
8th September 2009, 13:00
I remember riding my RS125 back when it still had an RS125 engine in it, I took it for a sneaky testride down a special deserted backstreet (closed off of course :whistle:) & preceded to scare myself witless over the bumpy sections. I bought a damper for it the next day. The only place I rode it was Taupo old cct & yeah it did need it, however on Taupo new neither of my RS'd bikes did.

Have a research of 125 & 250 racebikes of the past 10 years. Most years GPs are festooned with rotary disc engines with a small sprinkling of reed engine mixed in. Was popular in the 70-80s but fell out of favour with higher manufacturing costs & reeds appeared to be the way ahead.

The disk makes it a lot eaiser to set the inlet 'port' timing exactly how you want it. If you do cock it up you can simply get another disk and try again. If you make a mess of a reed cylinder port you will most likely be in need of another cylinder. The inlet tract is also a breeze to set up as well. As for if/when you tip it over, as the carb is held on via a traditional rubber boot, it just gets knocked off, not completely wrecked (from personal experience)

Buckets4Me
8th September 2009, 18:34
Arr yes, i've been waiting for the day some one bins on the side of their carb and smashes it real bad!

Team E.S.E have had plenty of experience binning said bikes and never ever have we had any trouble with the carb being mounted on the side of the engine
I would say that the bikes have been down the road at least 30?? times
every now and again we have had to remove grass and dirt from around the carb but had the bike going soon after if not straight away

then again if you can spot the carbs on any of the bikes good luck to you
;)

as for price of this bike we have spent 4 years on development on our ones and this is already done
go ask Dave D what he spent on his
or Nigel D
or anyone with a fast bucket and they will tell you if you can buy it for under 6k get it (if they tell you the truth)

so 5k to have a fast bike I think is money well spent (unless you have lots of time)

Pumba
8th September 2009, 20:24
:corn:

This is gold, I wish you good luck with the sale.

I do have to ask, your bike discription in the corner of the screen says "factory tzr Rg 119cc bucket". Umm, if it is 119cc isint it ilegal:sweatdrop

jasonu
9th September 2009, 02:08
:corn:

This is gold, I wish you good luck with the sale.

I do have to ask, your bike discription in the corner of the screen says "factory tzr Rg 119cc bucket". Umm, if it is 119cc isint it ilegal:sweatdrop

I was wondering when that would be spotted...
Actual disp. is 101cc = legal
Thanks for your comments

Buckets4Me
10th September 2009, 13:48
I was wondering when that would be spotted...
Actual disp. is 101cc = legal
Thanks for your comments

it had been spotted
now I cant have it banned when it beats me :crybaby:

F5 Dave
10th September 2009, 14:34
I think you're quite safe from that unless someone manages to lever it out of Picklets garage for a 2nd time this decade, or that sad old git who owns it drags his sorry arse back over to NZ.:wari:

jasonu
10th September 2009, 15:02
Hey Dave, I resemble that comment.

VasalineWarrior
10th September 2009, 17:07
"it will cost you $5500"

What something owes you and what its worth are often very different things. I once blew up a 1500 dollar dirt bike. To fix it was 1800 bucks. It would still have only been worth $1500 though.

No doubt nice bike though

gav
10th September 2009, 19:36
Who said it owes him $5500?

R6_kid
10th September 2009, 22:57
"it will cost you $5500"

What something owes you and what its worth are often very different things. I once blew up a 1500 dollar dirt bike. To fix it was 1800 bucks. It would still have only been worth $1500 though.

ZOMG!!! You're still alive! :gob:

VasalineWarrior
11th September 2009, 09:38
ZOMG!!! You're still alive! :gob:

Sure am. Couldn't not comment on a bucket witht this much of a ridiculous price attached to it.

You still got that smoking old R6? Jam it in this thread if its for sale. Must be worth at least 20k. Even if it only owes you 10

jasonu
11th September 2009, 12:33
"it will cost you $5500"

$1800 bucks to fix a dirt bike??? Sounds like you were had.
Try building (a competitive and reliable) bucket for less $$$ in less than 2 years, I bet you can't. I have no idea how much it owes me, $5500 is what I think it is worth. Take a close look at the engine, KE125 bottom end with RG400 top, that didn't just bolt on on 5 minutes and that is only the beginning. This bike was built over 10 years ago and is still competitive.

Buckets4Me
13th September 2009, 09:19
so you had a $1500 shitta you destroyed and rebuilt whats that got to do with a hand crafted RACE bike
I bet those MacKintosh race bikes from the 80's are worth more than the scrap they are built from

if someone wants it they have to spend the time working it all out or buy it ready built ???? (any old fool can slap a new piston and barrel on a dirt bike)
not any old fool can build a quick bucket (only the ones dum enough to try):yes:

jasonu
13th September 2009, 10:06
so you had a $1500 shitta you destroyed and rebuilt whats that got to do with a hand crafted race bike
i bet those mackintosh race bikes from the 80's are worth more than the scrap they are built from

if someone wants it they have to spend the time working it all out or buy it ready built ???? (any old fool can slap a new piston and barrel on a dirt bike)
not any old fool can build a quick bucket (only the ones dum enough to try):yes:

well said mate