PDA

View Full Version : Clevedon: me vs 2 cars

Weta
7th September 2009, 12:32
Beautiful day Sat Morn so decide to do the Coro loop via Miranda Kaiaua. Sadly 20 min into this glorious day just before Clevedon, maybe West RD?, a car turns rigtht in front of me. This is on a straight road 100km zone. I'd turned into road 100m back so was smoothly accelerating away not going too fast 90?. The rest is based on witnessess as I didn't wake up until being put in the ambo.
I hit the car head on(ish) fly through air like superman and smash through windscreen of next car travelling towards me. Many apologies to poor woman whose nose I smashed w helmet as I came to land in her front seat.
After quick trip to hosp and CT scan they decide to send me home. Not even a break! Lots of big bruses and 10 stitch lil gash in leg, feel like someones taken to me w a baseball bat but feeling very very lucky.
Or unlucky... lady why did u ruin my ride, my beloved bike, helmet jacket etc.

ital916
7th September 2009, 12:35
Beautiful day Sat Morn so decide to do the Coro loop via Miranda Kaiaua. Sadly 20 min into this glorious day just before Clevedon, maybe West RD?, a car turns rigtht in front of me. This is on a straight road 100km zone. I'd turned into road 100m back so was smoothly accelerating away not going too fast 90?. The rest is based on witnessess as I didn't wake up until being put in the ambo.
I hit the car head on(ish) fly through air like superman and smash through windscreen of next car travelling towards me. Many apologies to poor woman whose nose I smashed w helmet as I came to land in her front seat.
After quick trip to hosp and CT scan they decide to send me home. Not even a break! Lots of big bruses and 10 stitch lil gash in leg, feel like someones taken to me w a baseball bat but feeling very very lucky.
Or unlucky... lady why did u ruin my ride, my beloved bike, helmet jacket etc.

head on then superman into the following car, going through the window and headbutting the occupant, with no breaks or serious injuries.

Someone up there looooves you buddy, buy yourself a lottery ticket.

Headbanger
7th September 2009, 12:36
I hit the car head on(ish) fly through air like superman and smash through windscreen of next car travelling towards me.

fuck.

gijoe1313
7th September 2009, 12:40
:pinch: Glad you are still in the land of the living with all that! Crikey, sounds like you need to go and get a couple of Lotto tickets now!

lanci
7th September 2009, 12:42
Holy shit, at 90Kmph and then being stopped by an oncoming car..... There can be only one. You my friend are the Highlander...

Get well soon.

MSTRS
7th September 2009, 12:43
Now that sounds impressive. I'd rather not be impressed with such news tho.
You are one very lucky dude

DMNTD
7th September 2009, 12:47
Now that sounds impressive. I'd rather not be impressed with such news tho.
You are one very lucky dude

Dang straight! :woohoo:

Weta
7th September 2009, 12:48
Yes a heap of luck and a massive thank you to my Shoei helmet, my leathers, boots gloves... wonder where they are now? I think the police took the helmet. ATGATT:sweatdrop

sil3nt
7th September 2009, 12:48
What
The
Fuck

This sounds like it came straight outta hollywood! That lady whose car you smashed through is almost as lucky as you are!

breakaway
7th September 2009, 12:49
buy yourself a lottery ticket.

Do this!! Damn.

Was the woman insured?

vifferman
7th September 2009, 12:51
Sorry to hear of you mishap, Weta. But it's really good to hear you're (mostly) OK.

:pinch: GCrikey, sounds like you need to go and get a couple of Lotto tickets now!
Or, suspending the laws of physics and all rationality, and assuming there is such a thing as luck, and that a person can be doled out a good dollop of it, maybe it's all used up?

duckonin
7th September 2009, 12:54
Oh so easy to happen, bet she never even looked in her mirror:angry2:.. pleased you are all together,take care..

Danae
7th September 2009, 12:59

Shhhheeeezzuus christ man!

2wheeldrifter
7th September 2009, 13:00
Fuck! glad you hit the window and didn't land just in front of her car....
Timing is everything!

Glad you not a statistic

Weta
7th September 2009, 13:04
I pretty much assume that cars are liable to pull unexpected stuff like this but when your'e doing open speed limit and sudddenly one turns in front of u the options are suddenly limited.
Not that I can remember which option I went for, hopefully grabbed a handful of brake and put a bit of a swerve on. But who knows may ahve just screamed and covered my eyes:crybaby:

MIXONE
7th September 2009, 13:07
Wow mate don't bother with lotto tickets for some time to come because that crashed has used up heaps of good luck.
I hope the cops are prosecuting the silly bitch who pulled in front of you.

Insanity_rules
7th September 2009, 13:09
Yikes, glad you not broken. Get a lotto.

CookMySock
7th September 2009, 13:17
Fucken luckeeee bro. All nine lives gone in one hit. I had similar - come off at 100clicks and slid for ages.. stood up and walked away.. feeling quite charmed right now I would say... Just the little things ay - did you notice you can still walk? Type? Urinate? :whistle:

Steve

Swoop
7th September 2009, 13:19
All the right gear at the right time (and a bit of luck) eh?

Glad you are still in one piece, man!

madbikeboy
7th September 2009, 15:41
Fucking hell.

DidJit
7th September 2009, 15:55
Damn... Glad you're still in one piece after all that. Mend well.

boman
7th September 2009, 16:20
:crazy::shit::shit: Fuck!!

yungatart
7th September 2009, 16:25
What
The
Fuck
That lady whose car you smashed through is almost as lucky as you are!

Ain't that the truth! A similar thing happened to a friend of mine many years back...both he and the front seat passenger he slammed into were killed on impact.

So glad you are here to tell the story!

chef
7th September 2009, 16:29
wow lucky dude, hope you get well soon mate

Slyer
7th September 2009, 16:34
Mega fucking props for that mate...
The land of the living is an awesome place.

Boob Johnson
7th September 2009, 16:35
Dubya Tee EFF!!!!! :crazy:

Mate I thought I was lucky to get away with a smashed hip & dislocated thumb from a similar accident. That is SOOOOO lucky it's broken the luck-o-meter. Hug ya life & kids & buy that lotto ticket mate :sweatdrop

kevfromcoro
7th September 2009, 16:37
christ you are lucky..... spose the screen softened the blow....
a few years ago a mate of mine was driving a falcon GT in oz.
a dam ostridrge ran out in front of him. he hit it square on. it went through the screen. missing the driver and passenger. and ended up in the back seat. wasnt dead though. reckons there was blood and feathers all over the car.
you are one lucky man....................

klingon
7th September 2009, 16:40
Wow! That is an impressive story! Make sure you keep the police report because when you try to tell that story in the pub in a couple of years nobody's going to believe you! :eek5:

Yes a heap of luck and a massive thank you to my Shoei helmet, my leathers, boots gloves... wonder where they are now? I think the police took the helmet. ATGATT:sweatdrop

My bro woke up in hospital after a car crash and asked me to fetch his clothes out of the bag next to his bed. His favourite jeans and brand new leather jacket were neatly sliced and diced - not from the crash but from the emergency doctors and their very sharp scissors! Each leg of his jeans and both arms of his jacket neatly dissected. :pinch:

onearmedbandit
7th September 2009, 17:21
Wow. Talk about luck, pure and simple.

Fucken luckeeee bro. All nine lives gone in one hit. I had similar - come off at 100clicks and slid for ages.. stood up and walked away.. feeling quite charmed right now I would say... Just the little things ay - did you notice you can still walk? Type? Urinate? :whistle:

Steve

That's not similar, that's just a simple very lucky get off, which almost anyone would survive from. His crash on the other hand usually has the opposite result. Many people talk about their 'off and a slide/tumble' whereas not many reminisce about the time they 'flew like superman into the windshield of an oncoming car.

Hiflyer
7th September 2009, 17:27
Many people talk about their 'off and a slide/tumble' whereas not many reminisce about the time they 'flew like superman into the windshield of an oncoming car.

Bling awarded!!

Elysium
7th September 2009, 17:30
Well the biker gods sure have looked out for you on Sat:yes: Haven't seen anything on Stuff.co.nz about his but think this may make the news tonight? Sorry I don't watch telly so don't know if it's been on or not.

EnzoYug
7th September 2009, 18:14
Probably better you don't remember it.
I did a superman once.

Don't remember it, don't care to.

You're a very, very lucky cat. Go have a hot shower and enjoy that feeling cause a lot bastards don't get to stand up in the shower after that performance.

Mully
7th September 2009, 18:45
Whew. This could have been much worse.

Bunch of flowers to Mr. Shoei, I think.

StoneY
7th September 2009, 18:51
head on then superman into the following car, going through the window and headbutting the occupant, with no breaks or serious injuries.

A FUCKIN Men man

Thats incredibly lucky-
Sorry about the bike-jacket-lid-leg but bro- your farkin charmed:hug:

beyond
7th September 2009, 19:05
One of those very very lucky moments. Some seem to get more of these lucky moments than others.

Sounds like you may have used up several of your nine lives all at once. :)

discotex
7th September 2009, 21:30
:gob:

Holy fuck.

That's impressive for all the wrong reasons.

Laxi
7th September 2009, 21:40
What
The
Fuck

Shhhheeeezzuus christ man!

Fucking hell.

:crazy::shit::shit: Fuck!!

:gob:

Holy fuck.

what more can ya say!

kunoichi
7th September 2009, 21:57
That's incredible! Good thing you weren't riding faster than your guardian angel can fly! Great freaking luck!!

That aside, i hope that's one more cager learning to check before she turns!

ducatilover
7th September 2009, 22:53
:hug: Faaaaaaaaark mate......:eek5:

sunhuntin
8th September 2009, 09:55
glad you are still here! hope the cops charged the silly bitch. was the woman in the second car not too badly hurt? i bet she shat herself, poor thing.

pleased you are ok!

Weta
8th September 2009, 20:00
"was the woman in the second car not too badly hurt? i bet she shat herself, poor thing."

Not too bad smashed nose and face lacerations, I tracked her down rang and apologised for my uninvited entry. She was following the cage who turned in front of me and said she remembered thinking' where on earth is she going?" don't even think she indicated.

Brett
8th September 2009, 20:27
Mate both you and the woman you head butted are very very lucky! Glad to hear you got away with such minimal injury! Your crash is the one in a thousand...

Thaeos
8th September 2009, 20:27
Holy shit.

I remember reading about and seeing pics of a head on between a biker and a van in taiwan at about 80k. The bike was completely destroyed and the van had a crater in the front, driver died. But the biker had been thrown over the van and landed on the otherside, just slid across the road and stood up without anything more than a bruise. Also bloody lucky!

XRVrider
8th September 2009, 20:45
Jeez in pool thats an "in off" or maybe in this case the other way round, and "off in". Shot mate.

No really, good to hear you are reasonably OK after that horror and on the mend. Would love to hear the excuse from the woman who pulled out. She wont be feeling too flash I spose, but she's a feckin loaded gun who just went bang. Let us know what she says.

All the best with your recovery, and in time, new bike, clothes, gear etc....

Metalor
8th September 2009, 23:48
FUUUUUUCK!

Mate, that's unbelievable! Glad you're reasonably ok though. Bet you're glad you were wearing all the gears.

Hope you recover quickly. I had a similar experience and couldn't walk properly for at least 2 weeks after due to deep bruising. Take care man, make the most of the tramadol they've given ya!

Thani-B
9th September 2009, 21:30
what more can ya say!

+1

Glad you are ok.

gatch
9th September 2009, 21:58
Must be made of good stuff mate.. Some people break multiple bones just falling over..

If the biartch responsible doesn't get smoked by karma, I'll burn her house aye.

DangerMice
9th September 2009, 22:06
Holy fucking hell. Your body must be made of the same stuff they coat those unscratchable frying pans with. lucky lucky lucky.:niceone: