PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring Superbikes

scrivy
8th September 2009, 08:53
Is it just me, or was the last round of the Superbikes at Nurburgring great to watch?!

The incident on the first lap of the first race looked painful!!

Also in the second race when Rea took Haga down. Steve Martin says it is a racing accident, but as I see it, Rea went in too fast up the inside and hit him fair and square! The camera shot from outside of turn 1 looking back to the apex shows Rea going in miles too fast!

Otherwise, was great racing! :woohoo:

k14
8th September 2009, 09:23
Yep totally agree, 125's and 250's at misano were slightly better imo.

That crash was nasty, it looked like Hopkins was run over right over his neck? Wouldn't be the most comfortable way to be run over!

Not sure about the haga incident. I sort of agreed with the commentators call of a racing incident. It's a hard one to call though, either way Haga really has a big task coming back from this now.

marty
8th September 2009, 09:28
i thought it was boring racing. i couldn't stay awake to watch race 2. watched it in FF on mysky. Haga should be well fucked off.

Matt Bleck
8th September 2009, 09:32
Is it just me, or was the last round of the Superbikes at Nurburgring great to watch?!

The incident on the first lap of the first race looked painful!!

Also in the second race when Rea took Haga down. Steve Martin says it is a racing accident, but as I see it, Rea went in too fast up the inside and hit him fair and square! The camera shot from outside of turn 1 looking back to the apex shows Rea going in miles too fast!

Otherwise, was great racing! :woohoo:
:laugh: it's not like Haga has never done something like that tho ayeeeeeee?

scrivy
8th September 2009, 09:46
:laugh: it's not like Haga has never done something like that tho ayeeeeeee?

LOL - er, has he.....??? :whistle:

Still think Rea was at fault - onus being on the overtaking competitor and all.......

Never mind, great to see Rea hold off Ben!

Fatjim
8th September 2009, 09:47
What I can't figure out is whether Biaggi is riding the socks off that RSV, or the bikes great and he's shit. I'm leading towards the later as he doesn't seem to do anything with a wow factor! Just sits there in 3rd or 4th biding his time. Maybe I'm just blind.

Toast
8th September 2009, 09:50
I thought there was some great racing in there.

The Hopkins incident was well scary though. I watched it quite a few times and it seems like the front wheel ran over his shoulder and just smacked his helmet. A couple of inches to the left and we may have been mourning another death

Bardman
8th September 2009, 10:32
Watched it last night. yep was aw sum:woohoo: Close tight racing, great.
The nurburgring always provides good viewing, Pity we dont see the superstock rounds aswell.
Was a bit pist at the haga/rea incident, bit aggressive i thought.:crazy:
Still quite tight points wise so should be a cracking last few rounds.

scrivy
8th September 2009, 12:24
Yeah - looks like Ben might just win the series. Bummer, I know Bens a fantastic racer - I just wanted Nori to win it finally........ :weep:

Devil
8th September 2009, 12:38
That was certainly some pretty good racing. Poor hopkins, That didn't look good!
Anyone found anything on youtube of the crash?

nudemetalz
8th September 2009, 12:57
That was certainly some pretty good racing. Poor hopkins, That didn't look good!
Anyone found anything on youtube of the crash?

Try 0.36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh_zsbKvyxk

Matt Bleck
8th September 2009, 13:13
Try 0.36

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh_zsbKvyxk
that would be the GP race........

eelracing
8th September 2009, 13:19
Yeah - looks like Ben might just win the series. Bummer, I know Bens a fantastic racer - I just wanted Nori to win it finally........ :weep:

Aye...but now we get to see what "the samarai of slide" is really made of.

Can't wait to find out.

Matt Bleck
8th September 2009, 13:59

Can't wait to find out.
sushi? .

scrivy
8th September 2009, 14:04

Can't wait to find out.

Plenty of Saki!!

nudemetalz
8th September 2009, 14:52
that would be the GP race........

ah oops wrong link, but was a good crash too !!!

Duke girl
8th September 2009, 15:58
I have to agree with Scrivy. Fantastic Racing and Awesome to watch, just felt sorry for Haga being taken out by Rea, but I guess they are all out there trying to win and going at the speeds they do and Racing as close to each other, its on the cards that something like that may happen.
Just glad he wasn't seriously injured as he is still trying to get over a shoulder injury.
He was Very lucky not to have been hit by the other riders coming off in the middle of the track like he did.
Anyone found out how Hopkins is after being run over in the 1st Race?.

Devil
8th September 2009, 16:30
Spies is damn quick but boy does he look awkward doing it! Climbing over the bike like a vulture on fresh roadkill

Wingnut
8th September 2009, 18:35
Cant help but wonder how the points would be stacked up if Pies hadn't been bumped aside at Phillip Island and if he hadn't had the spills and mechanical problems that he has. He would be streaks ahead.

Great to see the WSBK back. Love it.

Dreama
9th September 2009, 13:07
I'd say it's pretty obvious that Spies is going to get the title. If he hadn't had the issues earlier in the season he'd be well ahead in points now.
I also noted Haga's body language after the race despite the fact that he was probably in pain or discomfort ... he knew that he'd been outclassed big time.
I agree that's it's sad for Haga but what Spies has achieved is quite remarkable. I can't imagine he'd want to stay around in WSBK for another year if he does take the title ... he'd just romp away making the WSB's very boring. I'd be guessing the organisers know that and would be keen to move him up to Motogp.
I guess the big question will be if he adapt his taller body and style to the Motogp machinery that seems to be dominated by midgets.

SlideMoto
9th September 2009, 13:14
I can't imagine he'd want to stay around in WSBK for another year if he does take the title ... he'd just romp away making the WSB's very boring. I'd be guessing the organisers know that and would be keen to move him up to Motogp.
I guess the big question will be if he adapt his taller body and style to the Motogp machinery that seems to be dominated by midgets.

The fact that he's himself stated he'll stay with Yamaha untill 2011, all of next year within the Superbike team means you don't have to imagine it, just believe it.

rachprice
9th September 2009, 13:48
I'd say it's pretty obvious that Spies is going to get the title. If he hadn't had the issues earlier in the season he'd be well ahead in points now.
I also noted Haga's body language after the race despite the fact that he was probably in pain or discomfort ... he knew that he'd been outclassed big time.
I agree that's it's sad for Haga but what Spies has achieved is quite remarkable. I can't imagine he'd want to stay around in WSBK for another year if he does take the title ... he'd just romp away making the WSB's very boring. I'd be guessing the organisers know that and would be keen to move him up to Motogp.

Spies is shorter (though a little heavier) than Rossi

k14
9th September 2009, 16:12
I wouldn't say its obvious, you could just as easily say that haga has had equal if not more issues. Aside from race 2 on sunday he had the big injuries that has caused him to be stuffed for the last two meetings. Running around in the top 10 or so where he could have been winning. Yes spies is a good rider but imo haga is all as good and just as likely to take the title.