PDA

View Full Version : Mini compressor for cleaning those difficult to get to places?

YellowDog
8th September 2009, 21:42
I bought one of those cheap compressors on Trademe a few weeks ago.

It has been great for blasting dirt with air for cleaning those hard to get to areas of the engine. It has also been great on the chain.

I was just wondering if anyone does the same?

Or if compressed air can cause any harm?

CookMySock
9th September 2009, 11:11
Or if compressed air can cause any harm?A seemingly innocent thing, but take care not to point the air gun at anyones face - this can be really dangerous. The tiniest piece of grit will come out of that nozzle at lightspeed and take someones' eye out.

Yes, poking the nozzle in little gaps will blow seals out of place, and just generally eff things that you never thought of. Just a few PSI will rupture little plastic containers and damage fuel tanks.

Unless you enjoy fishing dirt out of your own eyes, I'd suggest a pair of safety specs. Not really necessary, but after a while I think you will find you don't like it any more. ;)

Also don't let people play with the air gun. I read about some folks at a workshop party where some pisshead got naked and was chased around with the air gun.. a quick squirt up the arse and he was dead. :clap: :apint:

Steve

YellowDog
9th September 2009, 13:36
Well thanks for the advice and also for the Kinky stuff (I would never have considered).

I use it mainly for getting places where a brush will not quite go. I guess I do need to be quite careful. There are cleaning attachments, so you can be very accurate. I have been using it on the lowest power setting, which has been just fine.

I got some great tools for it too (kids with new toys eh!).

NDORFN
9th September 2009, 13:38
I just got a little compressor for my birthday. Goes to about 80psi. Anyone wanna buy it?

CookMySock
9th September 2009, 13:43
Hell yeah bro, its kink city here. I just use the gas barby bottle.. even works well connected to the spray gun, LOL. Smells a bit like a fart, but thats all good.

Steve

YellowDog
9th September 2009, 22:23
I just got a little compressor for my birthday. Goes to about 80psi. Anyone wanna buy it?
You need a slow puncture to go with that.

Try blowing your chain clean.

Works well for me.

Owl
9th September 2009, 22:47
You need a slow puncture to go with that.

Try blowing your chain clean.

Works well for me.

Did mine last night actually, to speed up drying after scrubbing with kero. Lubed it tonight!:2thumbsup

Pixie
10th September 2009, 08:02
I bought one of those cheap compressors on Trademe a few weeks ago.

It has been great for blasting dirt with air for cleaning those hard to get to areas of the engine. It has also been great on the chain.

I was just wondering if anyone does the same?

Or if compressed air can cause any harm?

Only if you stick the hose up your bum

YellowDog
12th September 2009, 14:54
Only if you stick the hose up your bum
I'll pass on that one.

Apparently there was a case in Malaysia a few years back where a guy got drunk on his birthday and as a special treat to himself, stuck an air hose at the gas station up his arse. The second the coin dropped, he combusted and there was flesh everywhere.