PDA

View Full Version : Licenses

bike
8th September 2009, 23:53
I've got a Full Drivers license (class 1) and have just recently got my bike learners, and with it a new blue card with class 1 and 6L. I've still got my green one for class 1. Does anyone know if my green one is still supposed to be valid? In other words, is it legal to just carry that when I drive a car?

yungatart
9th September 2009, 08:17
I've got a Full Drivers license (class 1) and have just recently got my bike learners, and with it a new blue card with class 1 and 6L. I've still got my green one for class 1. Does anyone know if my green one is still supposed to be valid? In other words, is it legal to just carry that when I drive a car?

No, you should have handed it in when you got your bike license. The blue one is now the current (valid) licence...and the only one you should be using.

steve_t
9th September 2009, 10:02
Yeah, when I did my test, they took my green one and stapled it to the paperwork. They issued me with a paper temporary licence to carry around until my blue one arrived in the mail

firefighter
9th September 2009, 10:08
Awesome, hang onto it as you now have a spare! Keep it in the cage and you will never be without it when driving your car.

That's the smart thing anyway. It's not hurting anyone. Just a proof of details and proof of the fact you have been signed off as competent for that class of vehicle.

I've got three!

Taz
9th September 2009, 10:49
I've still got my old book type license and the old paper one too :o

boman
9th September 2009, 16:02
I've still got my old book type license and the old paper one too :o

Mee too. Well the paper lifetime license at least. 2 months short of being old enough to get a book.

Gremlin
9th September 2009, 18:22
The green one is out of date...

You have only one NZ Driver License, with classes for vehicle types etc.

Colour of license is coloured to the lowest grade you have across all classes

Patrick
9th September 2009, 19:49
Awesome, hang onto it as you now have a spare! Keep it in the cage and you will never be without it when driving your car.

That's the smart thing anyway. It's not hurting anyone. Just a proof of details and proof of the fact you have been signed off as competent for that class of vehicle.

I've got three!

:doh:

Isn't it an offence to have more than one drivers license? (Not classes... :msn-wink:)

The version number for the last issued is the only one you should present.......

firefighter
9th September 2009, 20:59

Isn't it an offence to have more than one drivers license? (Not classes... :msn-wink:)

The version number for the last issued is the only one you should present.......

haha, yep. I know it's just so damn handy though!

Chrislost
9th September 2009, 21:03

ive used my green licence to get into a pub while my mate used the blue one on the other bouncer at the exact same time.
worked a treat.

JMemonic
9th September 2009, 21:11
Colour of license is coloured to the lowest grade you have across all classes

One would think this would be the case but it seems not to be so, I see a number of licenses with class 2, 3, 4, and 5 learners and they are all green if the holder has a full class 1 (and 6), it seems the ones that alter the colour are car and bike.

bike
9th September 2009, 21:41
Tried putting doing something on the LTSA website the other day and put in version number of my green card and it was rejected.

I wonder if carrying the blue card that says learners will give me any problems when hiring a car overseas.

Rosie
10th September 2009, 08:27
One would think this would be the case but it seems not to be so, I see a number of licenses with class 2, 3, 4, and 5 learners and they are all green if the holder has a full class 1 (and 6), it seems the ones that alter the colour are car and bike.

:niceone: When I got my class 2 learners, I was issued a new green licence, with a letter saying 'here is your new licence' (or similar), so I was a bit surprised when I later got my bike licence, and was sent a blue 'learner' licence, and a letter saying 'congratulations! You are allowed to start learning to drive on the road!' <_<

ynot slow
10th September 2009, 09:34
:niceone: and a letter saying 'congratulations! You are allowed to start learning to drive on the road!' <_<

Typical get a learner bike license and says "you can drive"on the road.What are they thinking?that you will "drive" ride on the footpath or not realise where automobiles travel.

Patrick
10th September 2009, 10:56
haha, yep. I know it's just so damn handy though!

This is true...

ive used my green licence to get into a pub while my mate used the blue one on the other bouncer at the exact same time.
worked a treat.

But the day you and your mate do get sprung, by bouncers who do their job properly.....

Mate will be prosecuted under the sale of liquor act for supplying false i.d. and be fined.

You will be done under the Land Transport Act, and run the risk of actually being disqualified, as well as fined......

Your call though. Good luck with that.

PrincessBandit
10th September 2009, 10:59
I still have my "lifetime" paper license, plus my old green plastic car one (a replacement when I thought I'd lost - as in permanently misplaced - it), and my current greenie for car and bike.

What I find strange is that the issue date of my latest license is the same as when I did my car one. Anyone looking at it would think I've been driving and riding for the same amount of time. (Then again, my riding skills are just so awesome that it would figure I've held them equally long :shifty: lol)

My photo on the old car one is so fugly that I'd never use it as a "spare" :eek:

davereid
11th September 2009, 08:12
I still have my "lifetime" paper license, plus my old green plastic car one (a replacement when I thought I'd lost - as in permanently misplaced - it), and my current greenie for car and bike.

What I find strange is that the issue date of my latest license is the same as when I did my car one. Anyone looking at it would think I've been driving and riding for the same amount of time. (Then again, my riding skills are just so awesome that it would figure I've held them equally long :shifty: lol)

My photo on the old car one is so fugly that I'd never use it as a "spare" :eek:

I'm sure that someone will be able to give you a ticket for it, and will cheerfully do it, just because it is their job.

Patrick
11th September 2009, 10:27
I'm sure that someone will be able to give you a ticket for it, and will cheerfully do it, just because it is their job.

Or not... I hear she is a babe....