PDA

View Full Version : this look cool

aff-man
24th October 2003, 14:27
Bored at tech nothing better to do so messed around with the crappy software and presto something cool was created

aff-man
24th October 2003, 14:44
soooooooooooo bored probably should be working

Motoracer
24th October 2003, 14:58
I work in the travel industry and during the time of SARS I was working on this drawing (because every thing in the office literaly stopped).

I strated from scratch and took me just over a week to do this much. Its done in microsoft paint by the way so to give the forks the gold effect, I had to colour each pixel 1 by one at 800X zoom.

Luckily the office started getting busy again and I never got around to finishing it. I think there is still a good months work if I work on it every weeknight at home.....Argh! can't be bothered now (funny how I end up with so many unfinished projects everywhere) lol

Motoracer
24th October 2003, 15:02
Unreal! The damn thing is not excepting BMP format and now I converted it to GIF which means that half of my hardwork can't be seen because of the colour loss during format change. Arrrrghhh!!!:angry2:

Motoracer
24th October 2003, 15:28
And my scooter lineup

danb
24th October 2003, 21:07
Aff-man and I at tech bored shitless :argh: Good to see you finally got around the CRAPPY MIT computers to do the picts :D
You do have to admit thoes bikes do look cool like that :niceone:

Motoracer shit was it that bad - 1x 800 at a time, I would have been bored after the 50th pixel :gob:

Marmoot
24th October 2003, 21:43
Originally posted by Motoracer
to give the forks the gold effect, I had to colour each pixel 1 by one at 800X zoom.

U R 6!
(you are sick)
:gob: :gob: :gob: :gob: :gob:

Motoracer
24th October 2003, 22:28
Originally posted by danb
Motoracer shit was it that bad - 1x 800 at a time, I would have been bored after the 50th pixel :gob:

Lol... Na , I made part of the fork and copy pasted to extend it. If the whole fork shown has 1000 pixels, I would have only drawn 50-100 of them and mix and match the rest. There are a lot of short cuts but its still a very time consuiming work. Gives the mind a sence of peace to see a nice finished product (guess I'll never have that with the R1 pic)

wkid_one
25th October 2003, 07:01
Nice bike choice

You should use Photoshop - will speed the whole thing up

Dave
25th October 2003, 14:32
TOSSERS

riffer
25th October 2003, 20:32
Halleluiah to that Wkid1. As one who's used Photoshop since version 1.5, I can certainly vouch for it's effectiveness.

I spent four years working for McCanns doing Special effect pic work/retouching on Holden cars (utes making tornadoes, that sorta shit).

Excellent program. I still use it now for work.

But waaaaay out of most people's reach money-wise. And you'll be outta luck if you want to rip it off judging by the info on Photoshop CS (aka Photoshop 8) is anything to go by - with activation codes a la Windows XP Home.

Ulead make a program called Photoimpact which is very good. And its a damn good price ($300?) - better than nearly $1500 for PS. And if you want to try a Linux OS, theres allways the GIMP.

Both of these are nearly as good as PS, only really lacking the CMYK capability. But there's not too many on these site who will need photolithographic capability.

wkid_one
25th October 2003, 20:54
Only thing with PS is that it is extremely un-intuitive.

It is not easy to use until you have had a good play with the programme. Creative Studio rocks

danb
26th October 2003, 20:08
Originally posted by wkid_one
Nice bike choice

You should use Photoshop - will speed the whole thing up

You have to be joking trying to install photoshop on the mit computers, they have protection form installing any program that stores "stuff" in the Program Files folder. :argh: :brick:. Might help Motoracer do some better things mind you if he can get hold of it (and install it)!!.

Motoracer
26th October 2003, 20:26
Well for one thing I am working right now and my post (few posts up above) explains how I got all that free time in my work.

I actually use some other photo editing software in conjunction with MS Paint. I'd love to get a graphic engineering desgine software but they cost too much or to hard to get hold of so I am sticking with Paint for now. To do ground up jobs I have figured out lots of ways to desgine quickly and accuretly in it. But to make it look good I open it with my photo editing software later on (I didn't do this for the R1 and the scooters just to see how good it can be with just the use of MS Paint).

Ok so some people might go "what a looser" or "tosser" or what ever for wasteing time but I like doing it sometimes... Its almost an adiction untill perfection can be achived but then boredom usually ends it in half way if the project is too big.:p

wkid_one
26th October 2003, 20:35
Don't bother listening to those who say that - they are the losers who can't get their heads around too many things at the same time.....what would we be riding if people didn't take the time to be creative?

Motoracer
26th October 2003, 20:40
Cheers mate! :)

Marmoot
26th October 2003, 21:14
what would we be riding if people didn't take the time to be creative?

THE HOGS!!!!! :gob:

wkid_one
26th October 2003, 21:17
Yeah - why do some people who don't understand the 'enjoyment' you can get doing that - bag it.....each to their own......but - if you don't have anything nice to say - you don't need to press 'new reply'.

We should have an IT forum

Big Dog
27th October 2003, 14:35
Don't bother listening to those who say that - they are the losers who can't get their heads around too many things at the same time.....what would we be riding if people didn't take the time to be creative?

Amen to that!:done: