PDA

View Full Version : All Hail!

Bob
8th April 2005, 21:14
Well after last night's ride home, I can hereby confirm:

a) the little gravel sized hailstones were quite funny, the 'pinging' sound off the top of the lid was quite amusing.
b) the pea-sized ones stang a bit, especially when hitting you on the lips
c) the marble-sized ones were painful, even wearing a good-quailty jacket... and crunch a bit when one manages to land in your mouth....

.... ugh. :cold:

I can also confirm the twat who decided he could bring his van alongside me, in that weather, in the same lane was quite spooked by the time I'd finished hooting at him, revving my engine and hurling every word of abuse that exists in my lexicon... :angry2:

Hitcher
8th April 2005, 21:43
Haven't "done" hail yet on a bike. Only a matter of time, I guess. Brrrr...

riffer
8th April 2005, 22:52

Don't hold your breath. It sucks.

John
8th April 2005, 23:04
I know that heavy heavy rain can hurt, so I'd hate to think about a hail storm..

Legolas
8th April 2005, 23:30
Originally posted by Bob.
Well after last night's ride home, I can hereby confirm:

a) the little gravel sized hailstones were quite funny, the 'pinging' sound off the top of the lid was quite amusing.
b) the pea-sized ones stang a bit, especially when hitting you on the lips
c) the marble-sized ones were painful, even wearing a good-quailty jacket... and crunch a bit when one manages to land in your mouth....

The joys of living in Britain eh Bob. :2thumbsup

BNZ
9th April 2005, 01:09
Hahahaha, at easter some old git pissed us off so we went to abuse him on the CRF50's. He had vowed to take photos and send them to the cops so we all wore beer boxes on our heads. Hailed like a MF on the ride home and just turned the boxes to paper mache helmets. Man that hurt! Karma huh?

Waylander
9th April 2005, 03:02
Marble sized? Pah that's nothin, try golf ball to base ball with a beany lid no jacket, gloves or windscreen. Pain in a whole new way plus bike bouncin around when you run them over. Oh was at night aswell.

Holy Roller
9th April 2005, 04:31
You are fully protected on your machine, heated grips I bet.

StoneChucker
9th April 2005, 08:06
Marble sized? Pah that's nothin, try golf ball to base ball with a beany lid no jacket, gloves or windscreen. Pain in a whole new way plus bike bouncin around when you run them over. Oh was at night aswell.
LUXURY!!!
Back when I was young, we had hail the size of bricks. And, we didn't have the luxury of helmets, we had to wrap tea towels over our heads. Tea towels which we quilted together using our feet. And we were lucky if we even had feet, since we had no brakes and had to brake by putting our feet down...

LUXURY
That was a luxury to us, since we hardly had motorbikes, we had to build engines and strap them to push bikes! We were lucky too, since we had to build them after work each day. Work? We we're council workers, who in THOSE days had to clean the roads with our tongues! But we were lucky, that gave us nutrition!

You young'uns of today, you'll never understand!

Waylander
9th April 2005, 11:15
Wow Stoney, the country must have pregressed a shitload in the three year between when you were born and when I was born...

inlinefour
9th April 2005, 11:22

As it is not a nice experience. Only had the golf ball size and that resulted in my riding straight into a bus stop and sheltering as it farking hurt. Anything samller with good riding gear on never was a problem.

MSTRS
9th April 2005, 11:23
Like being shot by some maniac with a 1000 round automatic BB gun. Not good.

MSTRS
9th April 2005, 11:24
LUXURY!!!
Back when I was young, we had hail the size of bricks. And, we didn't have the luxury of helmets, we had to wrap tea towels over our heads. Tea towels which we quilted together using our feet. And we were lucky if we even had feet, since we had no brakes and had to brake by putting our feet down...

LUXURY
That was a luxury to us, since we hardly had motorbikes, we had to build engines and strap them to push bikes! We were lucky too, since we had to build them after work each day. Work? We we're council workers, who in THOSE days had to clean the roads with our tongues! But we were lucky, that gave us nutrition!

You young'uns of today, you'll never understand!
I'd like to return this parrot............

bugjuice
9th April 2005, 13:25
bugger ridin in the snow/hail/cold/wet/icey/winter/UK..
sc, loada cs

Hitcher
9th April 2005, 15:53
You are fully protected on your machine, heated grips I bet.
As of yesterday, yes! A set of Daytona Hot Grips on in readiness for winter...