PDA

View Full Version : Can Am Spyder?

mattian
11th September 2009, 17:40
What the hell is it :gob: Is it classed as a motorcycle?....... who would want one?? and,... whats the point?
can someone please enlighten me?

MidnightMike
11th September 2009, 17:56
What the hell is it :gob: Is it classed as a motorcycle?....... who would want one?? and,... whats the point?
can someone please enlighten me?

You can ride it on a car or bike license, but its much more motorcycle like.

As for classing it as something:

"With its unique Y-shaped design the Can-Am Spyder roadster could be described as part motorcycle - part convertible sports car - part jetski and part Snowmobile."

( http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Other/auction-237123579.htm )

Who would want one?

I would love one, in matte black and orange with the blonde on top!

Would make an awesome tourer or just a toy. You'd still get wet though....

F.A.Q here:

http://spyder.brp.com/en-AU/General-Info/FAQ.htm

Anakist
12th September 2009, 14:49
A friend has one. She loves it. Was a bit uncertain at low speed stuff so bought the trike.

Apparently it does wicked burnouts. But if you turn the bars the traction control kicks in. She can hustle it pretty quickly. Faster than me. I didn't know the road and it was my first serious twisty ride on the R, but she didn't hold me up.

James

Laxi
12th September 2009, 15:43
the Can-Am Spyder roadster could be described as part motorcycle - part convertible sports car - part jetski and part Snowmobile."

and it generates infinate threads on here, try searching and you might find some

MidnightMike
13th September 2009, 19:23
and it generates infinate threads on here, try searching and you might find some

Woah, I never thought of that!!!

Go tell the thread starter, amateur...

CookMySock
13th September 2009, 19:26
Is it classed as a motorcycle?Can't be. It didn't wave.

Steve

HenryDorsetCase
13th September 2009, 22:02
I saw one out yesterday. looked like a bike kind of. It was going IIRC towards Akaroa as I was coming back. Hopefully whoever was riding it was having fun. It would be cool in some of those tight turns to give it a fistfull and hang the )back out (ass u ming the TC is switchable)

SVboy
14th September 2009, 10:09
I saw that one too, but returning from Akkas. Bottom of the hill, so not really any twisties to see it in action.