PDA

View Full Version : Bought one

macdo
12th September 2009, 21:16
Bought a Hyosung Comet today, for me and the boy. He's a big lad and dwarfs other 250s.

I did the "test drive", could have ridden for an hour or two. First time back on a bike in 25+years, Magic.

I'm back to square one as I didn't get a bike license when I moved to NZ from UK. What was I thinking...

On to the next stage for us both.

trailblazer
12th September 2009, 21:36
have fun out there on your new toy and keep safe. :woohoo:

CookMySock
12th September 2009, 21:51
You will have fun on that. The Comet is much more entertaining to ride than its serious cousin the GT250R. I thought the comet was just the R with no fairings, but its quite a different bike.

Steve

3lemental
12th September 2009, 22:55
You will have fun on that. The Comet is much more entertaining to ride than its serious cousin the GT250R. I thought the comet was just the R with no fairings, but its quite a different bike.

Steve

Maybe taking the thread off topic, but i was interested; what are the differences? I always thought it was just a stripped GT R...

YellowDog
12th September 2009, 23:17
Well done on getting the new bike.

Time to update your details 'none at present' is no longer the case!

The Baron
13th September 2009, 07:39
Nice to hear you are back on a bike after 25+ years. Also nice when you can have a common interest with your kids BUT you may need to have two bikes before to long.
Ride safe and have fun.

CookMySock
13th September 2009, 07:56
Maybe taking the thread off topic, but i was interested; what are the differences? I always thought it was just a stripped GT R...Ok the obvious differences are the lack of fairings and the upright bars, different footpegs, softer suspension, but the seat is smaller and further forward and the tail is higher. So with the more upright seating position, upright bars, taller arse, the bike has a totally different flavour.

The GT250R is a very serious "wow" feel to it because of the seating stance, and it feels like your knee belongs out on every corner. Very MotoGP ish, and like you want to devour every corner or pass every car.

The Comet has a much more "shit-faced grin" JarJarBinks feel to it, and would be right at home with a JJB sticker on it, and tassels in the bars - thats the feel and intent of the bike.

A GT250R rider trying out a Comet says "haha this is funny as fuck" whereas a Comet rider trying out a GT250R says "wow wow this is way badass serious."

We have had two GT250Rs, a GT650R, and a Comet, and for general around-town nuttiness, the Comet is the most grin-inducing (aside from the power and presence of the 650.) The R's are a lot more work and a lot less fun. I can't wait to try a 650 Comet.

Maybe this is just what upright bikes are like. I rode a mates Bandit 1200, but I was busy coping with its' massive wave of torque to notice much else.

Steve

crazyhorse
13th September 2009, 12:32
What ever your choice of bike ..... :innocent:, have fun riding - I'm sure you will :yes:

KrazyGixxerBoy
13th September 2009, 19:42
Welcome back mate...I'm sure you and your boy will have a ball! Ride safe and often...

macdo
13th September 2009, 21:05
.... BUT you may need to have two bikes before to long.

funny, that's what the missus said too.

cheers and thanks for the support.