PDA

View Full Version : Honda CBR400RR - Track Bike

Wingnut
13th September 2009, 11:31
Time to sell the CBR as I have now upgraded to a 600. If I could afford to keep it, I would. But I can see it will be handy to have the $$ to top up the racing funds.

Sad to see it go. Has been my entry into the racing scene and hasn't missed a beat in the year that I have had it.

Has ZXR 250 forks fitted with GSXR brakes. New front pads are only one ride old. Tether kill switch. Running total loss. 1/4 throttle.

Have regularly changed the oil (every 3rd outing) and filter (every second oil change). Motor is stock and runs great.

Comes with paddock stand, new oil filter, spare motor (is aparently terminal in one cylinder but ideal for parts if required) + a couple of boxes with misc. parts - mostly what has been removed from the bike when it was converted from street to track.

All it really needs is a new rear tyre.

If you are after a cheap way of entering the track racing scene or are after a bike to use on track days, this would be well worth a look. For this much money, I honestly dont think you could go wrong.

Located in Otago.

Sad to see her go.:crybaby:

PM me if you are interested or want any further info.

scracha
14th September 2009, 18:32
Mmm...yum. Someone is gonna get a real bargain there.

Wingnut
21st September 2009, 07:01
Still for sale - still cheap as............:love:

mikemukiwa
3rd February 2010, 12:55
still for sale?? sweet bike, wheres the speedo?

onearmedbandit
3rd February 2010, 13:08
Um, probably not, but hey you never know. And there's no speedo because it's a race bike. All you need to know from the dash is temp, oil pressure and rev's, and even then only a glance. A speedo is no use on the track. If you want to know how fast you're going, well if you're catching the guy in front, quick enough, if you're not then go faster.

sosman
4th February 2010, 00:07
Good cheap bike for someone to get started....Bump!