PDA

View Full Version : zxr250 neutral and oil light

thanatos14
14th September 2009, 22:52
Hey
Having a few issues with my display dash.
The neural indicator light and oil pressure warning light aren't lighting up.

Ive checked the bulbs which are fine and had a good look around the the dash wiring (didn't notice any obvious problem)

I have a wiring diagram (attached) which leads the neutral light to a neutral switch next to the thermo sensor and alternator.

Also shows the oil pressure leading to the oil pressure switch

Im not too sure where either of these switchs are or what to look for/ check

Any help appreciated:eek5:

mossy1200
14th September 2009, 23:01
The same fuse feeds horn and rev counter so fuse is not blown if these work.
Cicuit seperates to the two lights at the plug jack going to control panel unit so could be fault at the plug or fault at earth for that circuit.Earth is not likely as the oil sensor and neutral switch will both have seperate earth points.

thanatos14
14th September 2009, 23:10
The same fuse feeds horn and rev counter so fuse is not blown if these work.
Cicuit seperates to the two lights at the plug jack going to control panel unit so could be fault at the plug or fault at earth for that circuit.Earth is not likely as the oil sensor and neutral switch will both have seperate earth points.

Horn and rev counter are working fine. Ill have to check the control panel unit plug then I guess. By earth do you mean a wire is exposed and touching the frame or something?

mossy1200
14th September 2009, 23:14
Horn and rev counter are working fine. Ill have to check the control panel unit plug then I guess. By earth do you mean a wire is exposed and touching the frame or something?

grounded cable .Sorry im electrician but not auto.