PDA

View Full Version : Boy racers vs motorcyclists

thumpameat
15th September 2009, 13:15
I just feel the need to comment on the latest biker to die because of racing boys, I bet when they go to court they will say they accidently lost control and therefore get let off, or maybe 2 weeks pd, .

firefighter
15th September 2009, 13:40
"charges are likely".............

Loss of licence for 6 months. Diversion used. $600 fine.

I hope the family get paid at least $60 000 like a said police officer had to for each injured motorcyclist......not likely.

Thaeos
15th September 2009, 16:49
I read the article on the herald, that's just stupid and disgusting. They should lose their licence for life.

YellowDog
15th September 2009, 16:54
Throw the book at them.

The courts are unfortunately far too lenient.

mossy1200
15th September 2009, 16:58
Throw the book at them.

The courts are unfortunately far too lenient.

Got a funny feeling this could involve time inside.Lets hope so.

shafty
15th September 2009, 17:19

It bloody better Mossy, thats a Riders nightmare - farkin wankers, excuse my language

================================================== ======
Teen boy racers blamed for motorcyclist's deathNZPA September 15, 2009, 11:23 am

A south Auckland motorcyclist killed as he rode home from a Northland funeral at the weekend was the victim of two teenaged drivers racing each other, say police.

Asa Le Grande Te Kare, 43, died when his motorcycle was hit by one of two cars racing north on State Highway 1 just south of Warkworth about 7pm on Saturday.

Police said witnesses have told them two cars were racing north when one of the drivers lost control and his car crossed the centre line and hit Mr Te Kare.

"The two vehicles, a white Toyota Altezza and a silver Subaru Legacy, both entered a moderate right hand bend and the Altezza lost control.

"It slid sideways onto the wrong side of the road where it took out a motorcycle," said Inspector Stu Kearns from the police serious crash unit.

He said Mr Te Kare was minding his own business and doing nothing wrong.

He said the vehicles were travelling at "considerable speed" before the incident and several factors contributed to the loss of control.

Sergeant Bede Haughey from the Warkworth police said both teenage

YellowDog
15th September 2009, 18:38
Needs to be a few years for such a serious manslaughter of an innocent biker.

Poor bugger minding his own business and then takes out by a couple of morons trying to impress each other.

tommygun
15th September 2009, 19:19
Needs to be a few years for such a serious manslaughter of an innocent biker.

Poor bugger minding his own business and then takes out by a couple of morons trying to impress each other.

+1 and a life ban on driving, cars crushed or sold for victim $ compensation

Marmoot
15th September 2009, 19:26
pot....kettle....

peasea
15th September 2009, 22:33
pot....kettle....

Ya not wrong; we've all done dumb shit in cars and on bikes. It might be going too fast for the conditions, silly overtaking deal, skid/wheelie at the wrong time, yadda yadda.

The unfortunate thing is; someone dies when they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Look at that youngster in Tokoroa; run down for a gang inititiation test. What bollocks! Who gave that order?

I doubt any boy racer would run someone down for that reason, although they do some crazy things, I know, but to run someone down deliberatley is a whole bunch different to causing an accident through a lack of driving skills. That includes having a car that is too powerful for their own good.

Bikers are limited to a 250cc machine in the early stages of riding. Why are car drivers not limited in the same way?

Having said that; I'm sure many 250cc sport bikes could leave my WideGlide for dead, same as some 1600cc cars would leave our 5.7l V8 Holden for dead, especially if turbo'd. How do you do it? How do you slow them down? Limit their capacity and they'll put a sniff of nitrous oxide on it.

Better to educate them and start at primary school.:calm:

mossy1200
15th September 2009, 22:44
Ya not wrong; we've all done dumb shit in cars and on bikes. It might be going too fast for the conditions, silly overtaking deal, skid/wheelie at the wrong time, yadda yadda.

The unfortunate thing is; someone dies when they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Look at that youngster in Tokoroa; run down for a gang inititiation test. What bollocks! Who gave that order?

I doubt any boy racer would run someone down for that reason, although they do some crazy things, I know, but to run someone down deliberatley is a whole bunch different to causing an accident through a lack of driving skills. That includes having a car that is too powerful for their own good.

Bikers are limited to a 250cc machine in the early stages of riding. Why are car drivers not limited in the same way?

Having said that; I'm sure many 250cc sport bikes could leave my WideGlide for dead, same as some 1600cc cars would leave our 5.7l V8 Holden for dead, especially if turbo'd. How do you do it? How do you slow them down? Limit their capacity and they'll put a sniff of nitrous oxide on it.

Better to educate them and start at primary school.:calm:

Not wrong but my opinion is that if you choose to take the risks involved in this kind of activity then you should be prepared to go to jail if things go wrong.Action without consequence should not be an option.
These boy racers dont care about the community they live in.

chef
15th September 2009, 22:52
a subaru legacy wheel spind out of a corner today 4 hoons inside right infront of me while i was traveling around 60kph i could imagine if i left work 2 seconds later... its bs these guys need to be stoped!!

peasea
15th September 2009, 22:53
Not wrong but my opinion is that if you choose to take the risks involved in this kind of activity then you should be prepared to go to jail if things go wrong.Action without consequence should not be an option.
These boy racers dont care about the community they live in.

Frequently they don't, but not always. Some just get the old 'bravado' thing going on and the testosterone takes over, fast car, energy drinks etc, you don't even need booze/drugs, although that adds a new dimension.

Not all youngsters are scum, many are ok people and they make mistakes, we all do. (I still do...) My head was a mess as a teen and I didn't have the pressures of the 21st century to cope with or a turbo'd Evo to hoon around in. I actually don't envy the youth of today, they get so much thrown at them and they are expected to cope. They need boundaries they never get, many need parents they never had and an education they never got/wanted. Be that an education for a job or an education on how a car/bike works/handles, you name it.

I wouldn't be a teenager again for quids.

peasea
15th September 2009, 22:55
a subaru legacy wheel spind out of a corner today 4 hoons inside right infront of me while i was traveling around 60kph i could imagine if i left work 2 seconds later... its bs these guys need to be stoped!!

I assume the 60kph was in a 50 zone? Sheesh, that's REALLY gonna go on the 'nasty' scale, right? Big fucking deal. What was dangerous about it? Was the car sideways? Was the driver drunk/stoned/tripping/p'd up? A skid is fuck all in my books.

chef
15th September 2009, 23:02
I assume the 60kph was in a 50 zone? Sheesh, that's REALLY gonna go on the 'nasty' scale, right? Big fucking deal. What was dangerous about it? Was the car sideways? Was the driver drunk/stoned/tripping/p'd up? A skid is fuck all in my books.

the guy pulled out infront of me atleast 80kph could of wheel spined straight into me wich is a big deal i dont want to get hit...becuase of some idiots

peasea
15th September 2009, 23:05
the guy pulled out infront of me atleast 80kph could of wheel spined straight into me wich is a big deal i dont want to get hit...becuase of some idiots

What was the zone? If it was a 50 you were already speeding. The fact they were speeding more makes you a saint?

chef
15th September 2009, 23:07
What was the zone? If it was a 50 you were already speeding. The fact they were speeding more makes you a saint?

oh my god man... it was 50.. who cares 10kph no one around. but then idiots wheel spin srtaight out of a blind corner didnt even look if if i was going 30kph i still woulda got owned

peasea
15th September 2009, 23:14
oh my god man... it was 50.. who cares 10kph no one around. but then idiots wheel spin srtaight out of a blind corner didnt even look if if i was going 30kph i still woulda got owned

In the eyes of the law you're a sinner too, so they'd have little sympathy.

Who cares? No one arond? Try that one in court.

Listen dude; if they're doing 80 in a 50 you MUSTA heard 'em coming. Blind corner? Where exactly? Doing 80 round a blind corner in a 50 is going pretty hard, they were probably in second, boot hard up it, there musta been some cool induction noise going on. :girlfight: Use yer fuckin ears when pulling out on a blind corner, or whatever you were doing.:mad:

Not saying you're in the wrong, it sounds like they were, but years on a bike teaches you to be alert.

We need more lerts.

scumdog
15th September 2009, 23:15
I just feel the need to comment on the latest biker to die because of racing boys, I bet when they go to court they will say they accidently lost control and therefore get let off, or maybe 2 weeks pd, .

C'mon, 12 years old ya ain't - I hope!

peasea
15th September 2009, 23:20
C'mon, 12 years old ya ain't - I hope!

I'm surprised you inserted the words "ya ain't"

SMOKEU
16th September 2009, 15:47
Every cager has done stupid shit at some stage, it's just the unfortunate ones that stack it and manage to hurt someone else in the process. Shit happens.

slofox
16th September 2009, 16:34

Assuming you're on a sealed road, it's not that easy to wheel spin a Legacy - they're four wheel drive...I would think that to spin the wheels you would need to lose traction sideways first. Even then, a lot of them have some form of traction control which will cancel any spin. Most Legacy models will not wheel spin in a straight line. I've had three of 'em so far and have never managed it yet...haven't tried very hard, mind...

mnkyboy
17th September 2009, 11:11
...haven't tried very hard, mind...

You need to try harder - it's a clutch killer tho:crazy:

Sidewinder
17th September 2009, 11:14
"charges are likely".............

Loss of licence for 6 months. Diversion used. $600 fine.

I hope the family get paid at least $60 000 like a said police officer had to for each injured motorcyclist......not likely.

yea when i went to court i didnt even know what Diversion was

SMOKEU
17th September 2009, 20:54
It's easy to get wheelspin in a 4wd turbo car, I do it every now and again. Just chop 2nd gear before a corner and full boost it through the corner.

jono035
18th September 2009, 15:48
Assuming you're on a sealed road, it's not that easy to wheel spin a Legacy - they're four wheel drive...

If the person telling the story would only learn to use some decent spelling, grammar and then articulate himself clearly, I'm sure we would all have a clue what the hell he was actually talking about.

By 'wheelspin' it sounds like what smokeu just said, chopped back a gear while turning across him and got the tyres to speak up a bit. That isn't wheelspin, that is one minor step above noisy tread-shuffle.