PDA

View Full Version : Surfers paradise apartments

davebullet
15th September 2009, 20:11
Can anyone recommend anything for an 11 day holiday in March next year?

Most of the places I've searched on get reviews of being tatty, 'roach infested or noisy. Maybe I'm just being too cheap. We are looking around the $150 per night mark. Would consider staying anywhere from Main Beach to Mermaid Beach.

Taking the family - me, the wife'ette and 3 boys (ages 12 - 14) to do the scream parks.

Thanks.

KoroJ
15th September 2009, 20:18
Surfers Aquarius on Broadbeach is very nice and Santorini at Nobbys (Magic Mountain) is very tidy too.

I don't know what the prices are but we had one of our cheapest holidays ever when we got a deal to Santorini.

Trudes
15th September 2009, 20:30
Both times we've been we've stayed at Chevron Palms on Chevron Island. Quieter than in the centre of Surfers but still only a 5 min walk to the hub of Surfers. First time we stayed was better than the last as they were busy building an apartment building behind the place so was a bit noisey and I think the place had just got new managers. However, they are reasonably priced if you are staying for longer than about 5 nights because they don't service the room daily and they are self contained units so have full kitchen, full sized fridge, washing machine, drier etc. Could be worth an enquiry, ask if the building has finished, it was a year ago, but Aussies, they are slack as shit!! :dodge:

SixPackBack
15th September 2009, 20:33
Nimbin. Okay it might be a few kays from surfers, but It'll be an experience you will never forget!

Patrick
15th September 2009, 20:50
Stayin in a place right next to Currumbin (sp?) wildlife park for a week in January, think it's Palm Beach, 20 minutes out of the city but it is right on the beach. Will let ya know what its like. Sounds good, so gonna give it a go.... Same size family and all.....

NinjaBoy
15th September 2009, 20:55
Staying at place North of the strip in Broadbeach next week, Let you know what its like but everything is expensive during the school holidays.

P38
15th September 2009, 20:59
We holiday there almost every year.

Only time the whole family (Me, Mum, Nana and two teenage boys) went with us we stayed at Mari Court Resort.

It was an excellent place to stay and very handy to both Surfers and Broadbeach.
The Two Bedroom apartmens starting at $148/night will be plenty big enough for your needs.

My brother inlaw takes his family to either Turtle Beach (good for younger families) or to Ashmore Palms Holiday Park. Ashmore Palms is very handy for the theme parks and is only a short bus ride to Surfers.

Try one of these.

http://www.ozhotels.com.au/goldcoast.php

The kids will love it there.

Weathers very nice in March too.

Stickchick
15th September 2009, 21:05
Since your there for 11 days why don't you check out the apartments they have in Broadbeach. We stayed in a few and they are awesome. Also you can organise buses to the theme parks etc for next to nothing. :2thumbsup

SixPackBack
15th September 2009, 21:07
Stayin in a place right next to Currumbin (sp?) wildlife park for a week in January, think it's Palm Beach, 20 minutes out of the city but it is right on the beach. Will let ya know what its like. Sounds good, so gonna give it a go.... Same size family and all.....

You, especially you, would LOVE Nimbin. Check it out Patrick.

nighthawk
15th September 2009, 21:15
We have stayed at The Marakesh,good rooms and ammenities nice and central......Seaworld Resort,well worth the money great pools etc and easy access to Sea World. Spent time at Turtle Beach, also worth the money but ask for a down stairs unit if your taking children(easy to come and go to pools etc)stairs are hard work if your on the top floor.Diamond sands is next to Turtle beach and also worth a visit......

Cosmo
15th September 2009, 21:32
We too stayed at the Marakesh. Handy to everywhere and nice apartments with pool, gym and can catch a bus from right outside to anywhere. Looking at going back for 40th birthday parties in couple of years. Adults and kids. Recommend it

Dooly
15th September 2009, 21:43
The Breakers, Old Burleigh Rd.

We stay there most years.
Right on the beachfront, more Broadbeach end. own heated pool and private access to beach.
10 mins walk to Broadbeach shops & restuarants, 15 mins to Surfers central.
Last there 2 months ago.
Was $1300A for 9 nights in a 2 bedroom real flash apartment over looking the beach.

boman
15th September 2009, 21:51
We have stayed at The Marakesh,good rooms and ammenities nice and central......Seaworld Resort,well worth the money great pools etc and easy access to Sea World. Spent time at Turtle Beach, also worth the money but ask for a down stairs unit if your taking children(easy to come and go to pools etc)stairs are hard work if your on the top floor.Diamond sands is next to Turtle beach and also worth a visit......

I too have used the Marrakesh. Recommended,

Chooky
15th September 2009, 22:05
Been Hotel Watermark twice....
Just out the back door and your right in the guts of Surfers.
4and a half stars, good tucker, swiming pools and all that stuff.
I'd do it again, might be different with kids but......:cool:

davebullet
16th September 2009, 07:55
Thanks for the replies people... Good to get some first hand reviews.

We'll check'em out tonight.

Cheers! :2thumbsup

crazyhorse
16th September 2009, 12:14
I've stayed at the Anacapri - was getting slightly tired last time I stayed there - who knows, may have new owners by now..... But within 3 blocks to centre of Surfers, have a great pool, and 1 block to beach.

If you email the resorts, ask them for a 11 day price - may work out cheaper than just booking it online too.

Have fun in the sun :wari:

FROSTY
16th September 2009, 12:25
I was there this time last year. Ill forward you an e mail adress.
We had an apartment in central surfers at the chevron renaisance towers. It was a 2 bedroom apartment with bathroom,laundry, lounge and a full kitchen.
THe place has 3 pools a gym and is seconds away from pubs n resteraunts. easy access to bus to the theme parks
Literally right underneath it was a supermarket.

Boob Johnson
16th September 2009, 13:43
There's only one place to stay in Surfers........Main Beach. Staying in surfers itself can be rather noisy.

I in the penthouse for a yr & a half in a building called "The Meriton", 29 Woodroffe ave. Great place, all the facilities & not too pricy, step out to all the shops & literally 2 mins walk to the beach & still only a little over 1km from central surfers & a 2min ride over the bridge to Australia Fair :niceone:

Tis the best lil suburb on the coast

Patrick
16th September 2009, 16:44
You, especially you, would LOVE Nimbin. Check it out Patrick.

Awww alright.... I'll play....

Why's that, SPB????????????:2thumbsup

mynameis
16th September 2009, 16:59
Try Condor Apartments.

- 2 min walk from Surfers Beach/Town

- Good reasonable rates - $160 per night for 5

- Nice ocean views and fully equipped accommodation(all the cooking/cleaning gizmos like washing machine ect)

- Very big and spacious with 2 bathrooms

- BBQ, Sauna, Pools, Gym, Tennis Court, Car Park

Robbo
16th September 2009, 18:03
Awww alright.... I'll play....

Why's that, SPB????????????:2thumbsup

It's the regional marjuana capitol Patrick. :calm:

SixPackBack
16th September 2009, 19:13
It's the regional marjuana capitol Patrick. :calm:

Head down the coast to Murwillimbah and turn inland, follow the signs from there. You can check out the hemp embassy, hemp museum, score weed or check out the long term effects of drug use in the faces of the locals.
It's an education, and a nice drive through some beautiful countryside.

Never been able to work out why the local authorities allow the drug trade to continue?

Patrick
16th September 2009, 20:32
Head down the coast to Murwillimbah and turn inland, follow the signs from there. You can check out the hemp embassy, hemp museum, score weed or check out the long term effects of drug use in the faces of the locals.
It's an education, and a nice drive through some beautiful countryside.

Never been able to work out why the local authorities allow the drug trade to continue?

I thought Katoomba in the Blue Mountains was the place to see long term effects.....

We are gonna be heading to Coffs Harbour for 4 days from Wagga Wagga before going to the GC. Murwilliewhatsit on the way?

SixPackBack
16th September 2009, 20:54
I thought Katoomba in the Blue Mountains was the place to see long term effects.....

We are gonna be heading to Coffs Harbour for 4 days from Wagga Wagga before going to the GC. Murwilliewhatsit on the way?

Perhaps you can shed a light on the authorities allowance of the cannabis trade in Nimbin?.......I lived in Oz for many years and could not work out why the coppers let it go!?

Patrick
16th September 2009, 21:30
Perhaps you can shed a light on the authorities allowance of the cannabis trade in Nimbin?.......I lived in Oz for many years and could not work out why the coppers let it go!?

We ARE talkin Queensland, ay...???:shifty: Best Police money can buy.

Coppers bent more than bananas... but that was not too long ago and things have improved I hear. Ex NZ top cop went over there and tidied up a bit......:girlfight:

peasea
16th September 2009, 21:34
We ARE talkin Queensland, ay...???:shifty: Best Police money can buy.

Coppers bent more than bananas... but that was not too long ago and things have improved I hear. Ex NZ top cop went over there and tidied up a bit......:girlfight:

More like he took the great NZ whitewashing machine with him and managed to cover up more than the Ockers could.

Odour of rodent anyone?

madbikeboy
16th September 2009, 21:47
I love Surfers, try and find a nice apartment near Tedder Ave in Main Beach. Main Beach is a nice beach, and Tedder Ave has some good, but reasonably priced food. Make sure you get across to the Factory Outlet mall (forget what it's called).

I've been there a few times. Like it a lot. Get a decent rental, there is public transport, but it's worth the money. I rented a Jeep Wrangler from a place in the centre last time. Worth every cent.

Patrick
17th September 2009, 17:02
I love Surfers, try and find a nice apartment near Tedder Ave in Main Beach. Main Beach is a nice beach, and Tedder Ave has some good, but reasonably priced food. Make sure you get across to the Factory Outlet mall (forget what it's called).

I've been there a few times. Like it a lot. Get a decent rental, there is public transport, but it's worth the money. I rented a Jeep Wrangler from a place in the centre last time. Worth every cent.

A factory outlet? Shite ..... I hope the Mrs doesn't find out... Will never see her....:buggerd:

Got a commonwhore wagon with GPS and aircon for the whole 19 days... should do the trick.:2thumbsup

k14
17th September 2009, 17:46
Harbourtown... was there 2 weeks ago.

Just my 2c but the theme parks are way over rated. Went to movie world and wish i didn't. Virtually no queues so could go on all the rides as much as I wanted but we left by 2pm. There are only 3 rides worth going on and after the second time they are pretty boring. Would hate to go there in peak season and have to wait an hour each go.

Me and the mrs stayed at the Mantra on Cavil. Got it for $125 a night on wotif.com, highly recommed you look on there. Only downside is that it only goes 4 weeks ahead, so is a little risky. We had an apartment on 41st floor looking inland (seaside is like $40 more) and it was mint. Only 1 bedroom so you'd need a 2br but pretty cool. Might not be the best for a family of 5 though. Will you have a rental car? I'm not sure I could bear 9 days at surfers, there isn't a heck of a lot to do without a bit of a drive.