PDA

View Full Version : Bucket-Only day 22/11 Kaitoke idea

nudemetalz
17th September 2009, 11:27
As the points round draw to a close, I've secured the track for Kaitoke for 22/11 for a bucket-only day.
This WILL NOT be for points, as the last points round is at the Slipway on 11/10.
However, what we are planning is a 2 hour endurance race if you're interested (among other sprint races) and then the points-for-the-year ceremonies at the end of the day with a few beers.
I believe that this venue is better than the Slipway for this type of occasion.

HOWEVER,...if it goes ahead as this will be a bucket-only day, it would be run exactly as Skunk is going to run Easter, ie an MNZ meeting with rules applying.

At this stage, just in planning stage as I want to gauge interest. Plus if it goes ahead, I need a few people to help with preparation if poss.

Are you bucket-racers keen on this, or should I just flag it?

Trudes
17th September 2009, 11:35
I'm keen.:banana:
One question... do we want a two hour enduro or would an hour be enough? I've ridden Kaitoke non-stop for half an hour and have to say that it was quite enough!! Or do we want to do half hour one rider than swap and have half hour for second rider then come in for a compulsory fuel stop and change riders again type thing?
I'll help out if you need it.

nudemetalz
17th September 2009, 11:41
Thanks, Trudi
I believe if we're going to do 2 hours, we have 2 riders per bike, with a change at the most 30 mins per ride.

Trudes
17th September 2009, 11:44
Can we get hold of some transponders too? Nobody is going to want to lap count a two hour race (although I do have to wonder just how many bikes will still be running after two hours....:whistle:)

nudemetalz
17th September 2009, 11:56
Could be done. I'll chat to Gary about it.
Just see if anyone else here is keen on the day first before starting to organise anything.

See, the other idea I had was we have an A-grade AND a B-grade rider per bike. Makes it more interesting !!

Kendog
17th September 2009, 12:01
I am keen on this.

Transponders are a great idea.

Would we need ot find some people to flag marshal?

nudemetalz
17th September 2009, 12:03
Should be able to find some. Anything is possible ;)

Skunk
17th September 2009, 12:21
Yep, I'm keen.

andrew a
17th September 2009, 12:40
Sounds good. I will have to check dates but should be OK. About the enduro I'm keen but not wonder struck on the A and B combo or even the two rider option. Come to think of it the A,B combo might be OK I have a handy B rider at home. I'm not thinking about trying to win or anything [OK I am]. I would like to try a one hour solo though. Afew sprint races then a one hour job. My thoughts.
Thanks for organising this for us Chris.

Trudes
17th September 2009, 12:45
But, but, but.... no self-respecting A grade rider is going to want to partner up with me FFS!! :crybaby:

F5 Dave
17th September 2009, 12:48
Hoot Hoot Hoot! ok I'm keen.

I've done a whole heap of 2 hours so I have some established ideas if that is what you want to run & how to lap score easily etc. Makes it fun as a 2 person event.

Or just as a bunch of fun races without the endurance aspect, a FISH race etc, good end of year fun meet & place to test before GP.

I'll have to see if MNZ will give me my licence back before then. . .:wacko:

nudemetalz
17th September 2009, 12:56
But, but, but.... no self-respecting A grade rider is going to want to partner up with me FFS!! :crybaby:

I would. Seriously :)

Trudes
17th September 2009, 14:17
Aww thanks Nudeys :hug:
But you know what would be interesting and fair is if we do a lucky dip on the day and draw for partners. Hehe, that's so evil!!

Skunk
17th September 2009, 14:39
Keys in the bowl...

Trudes
17th September 2009, 14:42
Keys in the bowl...

Yeah you know you like that eh Skunky! ;)

F5 Dave
17th September 2009, 17:42
Aww thanks Nudeys :hug:
But you know what would be interesting and fair is if we do a lucky dip on the day and draw for partners. Hehe, that's so evil!!

How about for partners & bikes?:lol:

& then swap bikes & partners every 4 laps.

I think that pretty much sums up the rules for the FISH race. It's bloody amusing as long as you don't try too hard to work out who has won.:wacko:

hmurphy
17th September 2009, 19:57
I am keen as hell for a buckets only day. I am happy with any kind of race too, enduro, sprints etc. But I would prefer a 2 hour enduro with 1 hour straight each if we have to share bikes because I would like the practice!! That's just me though I suppose haha. I wouldn't mind twisting my Dad's arm into having a crack at buckets if there is a teams enduro. See how tough he is when he's not on his big boy bike.

ajturbo
18th September 2009, 19:34
i'll be in the south island....

koba
20th September 2009, 09:58
I will see if I can sort a bike.

all4A50s
21st September 2009, 00:09
I'm keen. What about having the option of running solo with the way they had it at the slipway?

Bsym1
6th October 2009, 10:41
Dead keen for a big one, I reckon that one compulsory rider change should be enough with an additional if you start getting to tired.

Anyone who wants to team up for the enduro let me know.

ajturbo
6th October 2009, 11:14
i will not be here for this one....... dam it.. will be in the south island....

nudemetalz
6th October 2009, 12:34
Alrighties.
We'll K.I.S.S.

On the day we'll have our normal support races and then in the afternoon we'll do some 30 or 40 (or both) races.
Let's just make it fun without too much politics or effort :)

THEN....we'll do prize giving for the season's results.

F5 Dave
6th October 2009, 12:59
Hoo-rah for simple & fun:woohoo:

Now about the blindfolded backwards pillion eggs & spoon races. . .

Kendog
6th October 2009, 18:22
spoon races. . .
I will only spoon the number 16 rider.

Trudes
6th October 2009, 18:34
I will only spoon the number 16 rider.

Get a room!!!!

(:love:)

Bsym1
6th October 2009, 20:22
May have spoken to soon and may not be able to make this one will see how it pans out and if I can get back in time. Reckon it will be a ripper of a day

all4A50s
7th October 2009, 08:50
So what time will we have to be there? I'd prefer 9.30 check in (I'd prefer not try getting two girls out of bed so early on a Sunday morning).

Bert
7th October 2009, 18:44
book us in, I will make the long trip down for the sh!ts and giggles.
Good chance to run in the new motor before Taupo.
I'd guess the CJ will be keen to come down as well.
Check in at 0900-0930 does sound like a plan, saves us leaving at 530-600 to get there by 8 :2thumbsup

richban
7th October 2009, 20:05
As keen as a really keen person would be.

Skunk
7th October 2009, 20:58
I've still got my toolbox in the van for ya...

Number One
8th October 2009, 05:45
So am I reading all this right - no enduro race?

Kendog
8th October 2009, 05:56
I thought the plan was to have an endurance race, at least the first lot of posts were talking about doing that.

nudemetalz, what does some 30 or 40 races mean? What happened to the 2 hour plan?

nudemetalz
8th October 2009, 06:30
30-40 laps not 30-40 races.
I just didn't think there was huge interest in an endurance race (sure a few people).
Like has been discussed, if you have a 2-rider team, more often than not there's only half the bikes out on the track obviously.

But,...I'm still open to suggestions.

ajturbo
8th October 2009, 06:59
looks like i will not be here for it...:beer:

Trudes
8th October 2009, 07:02
:confused: I thought most of us were keen on at least an hour long endurance race, weren't we??

F5 Dave
8th October 2009, 08:18

So keen you may even change that tyre that's had you off every meeting despite having a replacement for a while.:lol:

Kendog
8th October 2009, 11:44

Lets ask the question on Sunday.

nudemetalz
8th October 2009, 12:10
What I was thinking too.... :dodge:

Skunk
8th October 2009, 12:28
Fuck everyone and do what you want Nudie... :laugh:

Trudes
8th October 2009, 12:57
That's all well and good, but if you ask people who it will affect what they want or think, it does help to take into consideration their opinions, especially as these are the people that are expected to turn up and pay money for the day. No racers no racing? *shrug*

nudemetalz
8th October 2009, 13:56
Fuck everyone and do what you want Nudie... :laugh:

Do they really think they'd all need a "rogering" from me? :buggerd: :rofl:

all4A50s
8th October 2009, 19:09
So what time are we due?

I love the sound of a set amount of laps and can the day be in reverse? Or running half the day one way and then swapping? Or even having two 30 lap races one the normal way the then other in reverse?

Number One
9th October 2009, 07:36
I'm keen on joining in for an enduro. Probably wouldn't bother for a normal day though - been a while since I threw a leg over so I'd need solid time going around and around to get back into the swing and enjoy the day properly.

F5 Dave
9th October 2009, 09:27
Well it looks like I'm out as I won't get my licence. Poos.

nudemetalz
9th October 2009, 10:11
Licence?

We're not going to have it as an MNZ event. I'm going to risk it and trust that everyone is going to ride responsibly...Tui Ad.... :nono:

F5 Dave
9th October 2009, 10:54
We're not? [perks up] Hoorah!! We're back on!!!:clap:

Number One
9th October 2009, 13:01
We're not? [perks up] Hoorah!! We're back on!!!:clap:
mm yes I hadn't factored in the license thing - glad it's not needed for this one....if it is count us out for sure.

fi5hy
9th October 2009, 19:32
30-40 laps not 30-40 races.
I just didn't think there was huge interest in an endurance race (sure a few people).
Like has been discussed, if you have a 2-rider team, more often than not there's only half the bikes out on the track obviously.

What was happening in the past was people were getting their partners from outside the bucket pool which was cool because your introducing the bucket bug to more potential riders. I still think a two hour will be a good way to end out the year. just an idea

Bsym1
19th October 2009, 16:55
Kyle, will not be able to make this one unfortunately will be up in Auckland with work. I am sure it will be a belter of day.

ajturbo
19th October 2009, 17:53
rumor ................................

looks like you may have an international racer turn up to compete....

Trudes
19th October 2009, 18:13
That's right!! I've just got off the phone to Casey and he told me that if I need a team mate at the last minute to give him a call.

Number One
19th October 2009, 18:57
That's right!! I've just got off the phone to Casey and he told me that if I need a team mate at the last minute to give him a call.
Oh really?! :sherlock:

ajturbo
19th October 2009, 18:57
this is NOT an Aussie !!!!....

but he HAS kicked Aussie Butts............

Number One
19th October 2009, 19:06
mmmm butts I like the sound of him already

Trudes
19th October 2009, 19:08
Oh really?! :sherlock:

I love you first though! :hug:

Number One
19th October 2009, 19:11
I love you first though! :hug:
I was gonna say...dumped twice in one day :weep: