PDA

View Full Version : New handlebars?

Rohannus
17th September 2009, 12:43
Hey there,
as a general idea, I was thinking of looking into getting a new set of handlebars for my Hyosung GV250 (near-straight bars) and have a general question or two for anyone who knows: Are there considerations other than getting the right diameter bars for the bike that have to be taken into account? That, and, are there any particular companies in NZ that could be recommended for handlebars?

Cheers all :D

chef
17th September 2009, 12:50
i put some nearly straight ones on my gt250 just take into the shop they do everything for ya. just walk in ask for some products etc. theyll tell you yes we can do it 99% of the time only cost me $60 for the bars cant remember how much they were to get fitted

Rohannus
17th September 2009, 12:55
Awesome, thank you very much! I'm not sure why, but I was imagining it to be a DIY only job... Absent mindedness ahoy :D

YellowDog
17th September 2009, 12:56
Contact Steve aka DB.

He's done it and says it's a piece of cake.

It would take me 'kin ages.

Personally paying someone a few bucks to do it would be my preference.

chef
17th September 2009, 13:08
Awesome, thank you very much! I'm not sure why, but I was imagining it to be a DIY only job... Absent mindedness ahoy :D

i wouldnt do it myself its not a easy job at all. oh yeah i forgot you also have to buy bar ends there not much shop sells them

Logpot
17th September 2009, 13:34
i wouldnt do it myself its not a easy job at all. oh yeah i forgot you also have to buy bar ends there not much shop sells them

Bar ends can sometimes be optional.

I recently had new bars fitted $60 for bars, $25 for grips, labour $112.50 (align forks & steering, fit parts).

Plenty of bar ends for sale on Trademe if you require them.

Rohannus
17th September 2009, 14:16
Thank you for the advice, I'll have a look around Trade Me now :) cheers!

EnzoYug
17th September 2009, 14:28
tie some string around your fingers to the controls and some cable from your wrists to the forks. As you ride along you can wave wildly to the people around you and control the bike at the same time.

It's how all the sick puppeteer bikers do it.

TerminalAddict
17th September 2009, 14:30
done mine (renthal ultra lows) .. easy as!

The Pastor
17th September 2009, 14:56
Gotta make sure they clear your tank on full lock, make sure all your cables will reach the new postion.

Paul in NZ
17th September 2009, 19:53
I've got some near new bars here I'll do you a deal on and even help you fit them ;-)

rosie631
17th September 2009, 20:09
done mine (renthal ultra lows) .. easy as!

Did mine too. Very easy. Definitely a DIY job.

Paul in NZ
17th September 2009, 20:50
well - some are easy and some are definately NOT easy... anyway, I'm close to wellington and I'm cheap... er ... inexpensive...