PDA

View Full Version : How many demerits before you lose your licence?

nudedaytona
17th September 2009, 21:50
Got my first bike speeding ticket the other day.

Lucky I was only doing 106 in an 80 zone, but its still $230. I asked the cop for a discount cos everybody speeds through sphagetti junction but he wouldn't do it.
That's 35 points I think for being 26 km over limit. With the ticket I got in the car back in March I must be over 50 points. Anyone know how many before you lose your licence?

Patrick
17th September 2009, 21:52
Got my first bike speeding ticket the other day.

Lucky I was only doing 106 in an 80 zone, but its still $230. I asked the cop for a discount cos everybody speeds through sphagetti junction but he wouldn't do it.
That's 35 points I think for being 26 km over limit. With the ticket I got in the car back in March I must be over 50 points. Anyone know how many before you lose your licence?

100 points within 2 years and you're walking for three months.

nudedaytona
17th September 2009, 21:55
That's nothing - my other half is pregnant so she can drive me anywhere.

KrazyGixxerBoy
17th September 2009, 21:59

Yeah but coming in to summer you really want to be a passenger in a cage instead of out on the bike?!?!? My advise is slow down....or speed behind a cage when they're going for it, that way they get pinged!

nudedaytona
17th September 2009, 22:05
I asked the cop if he was sure it was me - the bike has a low profile - could of been anyone. Of course he said yes. But I didn't know about checking his radar to see if it was actually locked on me.

I've always wondered if I was out speeding with a mate or on a group ride, the cops couldn't ping your right because they wouldn't be able to prove it was you? Each rider could say "it wasn't me officer your radar must have got someone else" Anyone had this experience?

marty
17th September 2009, 22:07

Cool. A pregnant housewife taxi bitch.

Where can I get me one of those?

Patrick
17th September 2009, 22:09

Or you can learn from the demerits earned so far and pull ya head in..... or not.....

nudedaytona
17th September 2009, 22:10

Show some respect. I didn't say she'd be happy about it if I did lose my licence. I should just slow down or buy a scooter.

Little Smurf
17th September 2009, 22:26
I asked the cop if he was sure it was me - the bike has a low profile - could of been anyone. Of course he said yes. But I didn't know about checking his radar to see if it was actually locked on me.

I've always wondered if I was out speeding with a mate or on a group ride, the cops couldn't ping your right because they wouldn't be able to prove it was you? Each rider could say "it wasn't me officer your radar must have got someone else" Anyone had this experience?

Unfortunately the :Police: kind of got that covered too!!!

I have been pulled up twice when the 2 of us have been out and got done both times, first was because he was speeding and well ........ I was keeping up :lol: but they couldn't do me for speed only for not having a licence that was on my R6 and the other time well I had my licence but got done for wrong displacement that was on my 636. However we were behind a 4whel drive and even tho the target was bigger he still pinged us so We took that to court and got off the 2 other infringements but got landed with the speeding and only lost cause of credibility which was bullshit but hey them the breaks. It was a bugger cause I was already on 95 demerits and at the stop his trigger happy hand gave me another 95 dermeits and $1400 in fines.

I do know that no matter if you are group riding or not they will pick you up it all depends what speed you are doing for them to turn around and do you. on the other hand I have heard some cops pointing the finger at the lead rider and leaving us to our own devices, it all depends. No matter what I would recommend you drag it out for as long as possible tie up the system as such, it took us 9 months to get a court hearing.

Also get a radar and be aware k band is now for speed cameras and ka band for the cars.

Gremlin
18th September 2009, 00:04
Or you can learn from the demerits earned so far and pull ya head in.....
:killingme You are toooo funny :2thumbsup

I should just slow down or buy a scooter.
:slap: Really? Perhaps that how it works aye? If you don't speed... you errr... don't get done for speeding?

You probably want to find out how many demerit points you do have, ring Driver Licensing on 0800 822 422

Mekk
18th September 2009, 02:17
You asked for a discount? What were you expecting, a coupon for free small fries?

Gremlin
18th September 2009, 03:05
You asked for a discount? What were you expecting, a coupon for free small fries?
Oh it gets worse than that... There isn't even an established program for those that frequently buy!!

oh wait... there was THAT one... but I didn't see how not being able to travel was a "reward"

YellowDog
18th September 2009, 06:19
When my wife was pregnant, she wasn't at all moody and would do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

And then I woke up!

MarkH
23rd September 2009, 15:59

What if you pay the fine on the internet? If you order from Pizza Hut on the internet you get a choice of free fries or free garlic bread (the garlic bread isn't bad). Is there something similar for speeding fines?

MarkH
23rd September 2009, 16:02
but they couldn't do me for speed only for not having a licence

When venturing out on public roads it is a good idea to have a License, WoF, Reg, everything on your vehicle road legal and try not to break any laws. That way if you do get a bit too enthusiastic on the throttle you will only get fined for the speed and not a bunch of other stuff too.

TerryB
14th October 2009, 15:53
:Oi: Why were you speeding in the first place? I hope this has taught you to slow down. My wife gets a lot of speeding tickets in her car, and then complains that she has to pay so much. I tell her "Just don't speed, then you won't have to pay anything".
Apart from that. We don't need more stupid people on the road riding or driving dangerously and pushing up my ACC and insurance levies.

awayatc
14th October 2009, 16:17
What if you pay the fine on the internet? If you order from Pizza Hut on the internet you get a choice of free fries or free garlic bread (the garlic bread isn't bad). Is there something similar for speeding fines?

Yes sure there is....
if you pay your speedtax (or any other fine) online you have to pay a "convenience fee" of 3 %.....
If anything you would expect to get a convenience discount for paying fine online.....
"it isn't about revenue gathering sir".......:buggerd:

AllanB
14th October 2009, 16:20
:Oi: Why were you speeding in the first place?

It's a motorcycle.

Go on, find yourself a quiet place and admit to yourself part of the joy of motorcycling is a bit of speed. Not necessarily illegal speed as one should never encourage that - but speed relative to the conditions - i.e. a set of twisties that are legally open road but hitting a corner at 80 is friggen flying. That's legal speed.

Then there is speed that you sniff up your nose - that's illegal and should not be combined with motorcycling.

Kendog
14th October 2009, 16:33
No matter what I would recommend you drag it out for as long as possible tie up the system as such, it took us 9 months to get a court hearing.

Just like Clayton Weatherston did, that's a great idea.

ajturbo
14th October 2009, 17:57
:Oi: Why were you speeding in the first place? I hope this has taught you to slow down. My wife gets a lot of speeding tickets in her car, and then complains that she has to pay so much. I tell her "Just don't speed, then you won't have to pay anything".
Apart from that. We don't need more stupid people on the road riding or driving dangerously and pushing up my ACC and insurance levies.
get a life.. you never sped? you stick to 50/30/80/100 at all times... tui?

BASS-TREBLE
14th October 2009, 18:18
I too got done for 92 in a 70. I can moan and complain, but in the end mate, there's a law, and you broke it.

Question, I have 35 demerits from August this year.
To get them cleared, do I need to have to have a NO additional demerits period of 2 years, or do these 35 demerits last for 2 years, and then get cleared. So I can never have a total of more than 100 at once?

ajturbo
14th October 2009, 18:33
I too got done for 92 in a 70. I can moan and complain, but in the end mate, there's a law, and you broke it.

Question, I have 35 demerits from August this year.
To get them cleared, do I need to have to have a NO additional demerits period of 2 years, or do these 35 demerits last for 2 years, and then get cleared. So I can never have a total of more than 100 at once?
each point is for it's OWN 2 years....

TerryB
14th October 2009, 21:17
get a life.. you never sped? you stick to 50/30/80/100 at all times... tui?

:Playnice: Actually, I do have a life, and a very nice one at that. I don't speed... ever, and I feel better because of it. Why should I feel the need to speed just because most other people do?

nothingflash
14th October 2009, 21:25
each point is for it's OWN 2 years....

And you can never lose more than 100 on any given day.

Little Smurf
14th October 2009, 21:34
When venturing out on public roads it is a good idea to have a License, WoF, Reg, everything on your vehicle road legal and try not to break any laws. That way if you do get a bit too enthusiastic on the throttle you will only get fined for the speed and not a bunch of other stuff too.

Back then I did try that "officer my L plate fell off my 636" :lol: Getting enthusiastic sometimes happens it's all about the moment otherwise :yawn:

picture this.....open roads, a few twisties......hmmmm I'll say no more, and they were roads I didn't know so may as well keep up :lol: it was fun you can't take that away from anyone.....

Just like Clayton Weatherston did, that's a great idea.

I've even heard that if it's longer it's even easier to get off....just can't remember the terminlogy:whistle:

MarkH
14th October 2009, 21:48
I've even heard that if it's longer it's even easier to get off....

I would have thought more girth . . .

McJim
14th October 2009, 21:51
I've still got 100 points before I'm walking. You guys have all the fun:oi-grr:

Patrick
15th October 2009, 20:14
And you can never lose more than 100 on any given day.

You mean, any given "stop."

Two high speeding tickets in one day at 50 demerits a pop will do it..... as well as the 28 day immediate suspension.......

Sharry
15th October 2009, 20:18

Dude, they don't stay pregnant forever. And on the last day of the pregnancy.......guess who the taxi driver is :lol: