PDA

View Full Version : 6r-6f-r6

GreyAngel
17th September 2009, 23:47
Well, after about 6 months of research, while still on learners and restricted, I did get my first “big” bike. 09R6 that is. The close contenders were Daytona 675 and a bit more laid back GSX650F. Suzuki was first out due to couch-ness (is it even a word?) of it. Nothing is wrong with it, actually – just not me. Daytona on the other hand was perfect, a bit too perfect, in fact. But small, and I did want to have some windscreeny-thingy in front of my chin rather than completely under; so that was grudgingly out. Mind you, if the price was the same as for R6 the decision would be harder. So, anyway after a couple of laps in 07R6, I went for 09 model on the floor. Few recent reviews helped too, it was top scoring bike in most categories. So anyway, coming from 28hp 250cc v-2 (hyo-haters – get your own threads, please, lol) – man, she demands some respect! A lot of respect. Like even more than you might think. On the other hand, going to proper bike gives you(me) an amazing confidence, just because everything is so much better that on your typical L-plater. The tyres, suspension, the breaks… The reasonable question might be why buy something which belongs on the track for week-end rides around NZ… well, dunno really – it just feels right :) So, break-in period now and we will see then.

Any tips are appreciated. Like for example, how many clicks out of 25 do you set fast-compression dampening thingy for a ride to Bees Online for lunch, lol… Ok, that was a joke, tips are appreciated :)

P.S. Not gonna name any dealers specifically, but common guys! The US research has shown that the biggest influence in brand choice is the how the prospective buyer is being “handled”. It’s hard to find an awful bike these days, so even small differences counts.

P.S.2 to the GN250 who undertook me on the bend in the city today, nice riding – but I just didn’t feel love from new tyres in the pissing rain LOL.

P.S.3 there is no ABS.

sosman
17th September 2009, 23:55
Sweet ride!

Do some trackdays if ya can at taupo...you'll learn a lot more from yr bike that way!... & also receive good tips etc from the linesman

Maki
18th September 2009, 08:05
Outstanding! Especially the part about not letting that GN get to you.

"The reasonable question might be why buy something which belongs on the track for week-end rides around NZ… "

Because you can. She may not be the most comfortable bike out there but I can hardly imagine what would give me more fun and pleasure.

Respect your bike and keep smooth and within your limits and you will have a great time.

Devil
18th September 2009, 08:31
Should have got the 675 hehe, but then again, anything is going to seem like it has torque after a 250... Even an R6.

Congrats.

Leyton
18th September 2009, 08:36
Any tips are appreciated. Like for example, how many clicks out of 25 do you set fast-compression dampening thingy for a ride to Bees Online for lunch, lol… Ok, that was a joke, tips are appreciated :)

I know what you mean, I am in the same boat with my 07R6, they are quite the track focused. I am yet to get technical with my suspension to weekender it up. I am no track junkie yet I have a track bike.. cause I can.

The R6's you have to ride very precisely on the road, the bikes demand quite alot from the rider on the road and are not that forgiving if you do not feed it enough input.

Firefight
18th September 2009, 08:38
.[/QUOTE]

great choice of ride , enjoy the pocket rocket

F/F

grbaker
18th September 2009, 09:47
"Undertook by a GN250 on a bend" this needs explaining, my imagination is having trouble with this.:Pokey: