PDA

View Full Version : Biking Bishop takes the Word of God on the road

Bob
19th September 2009, 00:29
The Bishop of Doncaster is touring South Yorkshire, UK, as part of a campaign to encourage more people to go to church… on his motorcycle.

He is riding the county on a BMW. Surely he should be riding a Triumph, for as we all know “The sound of Moses Triumph was heard throughout the city”…

mstriumph
19th September 2009, 00:33
bastard ... giving honest motorcycles a bad name ...

sinfull
19th September 2009, 00:35
Surely he should be riding a Triumph, for as we all know “The sound of Moses Triumph was heard throughout the city”… Have you gone and got a sence of humour on us Bob, or was that a quote from somewhere ???

Bob
19th September 2009, 01:21
Have you gone and got a sence of humour on us Bob, or was that a quote from somewhere ???

The Bible?

sinfull
19th September 2009, 01:24
The Bible?
Awwww chortle hehehehe Now i know it is you being a comic !!!! They didn't even have petrol, let alone triumphs when they wrote that Bob !!!

Bob
19th September 2009, 03:29
Awwww chortle hehehehe Now i know it is you being a comic !!!! They didn't even have petrol, let alone triumphs when they wrote that Bob !!!

I refer you to the following article...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_14_18/ai_84971419/

Oh ye of little faith...:scooter:

sinfull
19th September 2009, 08:51
OMG You weren't kidding !

Other scholars, however, claim with equal fervor that Jesus must have driven a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. How did they arrive at this conclusion? In the Gospel of St. John they find proof in a verse where Christ says to a crowd that has come to hear him: "For I did not speak of my own Accord." As for the apostles, they too may have owned a Honda, but only one for all 12 of them, since according to Scripture, "The Apostles were in one Accord."

But back to the Old Testament. That Moses had an old English-brand motorcycle can be proved by the lines from the Pentateuch that tell readers "the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills." That Joshua chose to get around in a sports car with a damaged muffler is shown by: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land."

Ixion
19th September 2009, 12:51
My illustrious and canonical namesake (in whose whose shadow I am so unfit to stand ) would throughly approve.

As indeed would the late Rev Bill Shergold, the "motorcycling vicar" who founded the '59' motorcycle club (is it still going BTW).

The one true Holy Apostolic and Catholic faith has always had a soft spot for motorcycles and motorcyclists.

Have you thought of asking the Lord Bishop (I can't remember if Doncaster is one of the old sees or one of the johnnie-come-latelies) to contribute a review of the BMW?

I seem to recall that a recent Dean of Auckland rode?