PDA

View Full Version : scOOter maneuvers!

Zed
10th April 2005, 19:54
Today I joined the other 'Sunday drivers' and drove my wife into town in our cage (would have rather been on the track at Taupo :disapint: ). As we were going around a single lane corner 2 scooter riders passed me on the left hand side of my lane, and if I hadn't been using my rear vision mirrors I would have taken them out for sure! They stopped at the lights further up the road and while they were laughing and carrying on through their open-faced lids I noticed they were wearing the standard scooter protective wear consisting of trackpants and t-shirt!

To this day I still misunderstand the mentality (or lack of it) of 'most' scooter riders when it comes to following the simplist rules of the road and wearing *any* protective clothing besides a cheap helmet?

Typical scooter maneuver: http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?video=Scooter-Crash

:mega: Rant over!

Coldkiwi
11th April 2005, 15:25
umm, they've been told that 'motorcycles are dangerous and you'll get killed on one' by all their friends, family and retentive relatives, can't see the wood for the trees and go buying a scooter because it doesn't require 'safety gear' because its 'safe' ????

sounds cynical but thats all I can think of! (besides the fact that they think they look like more of a prat in protective gear that HD riders with tassles?... or sports riders in 'toothpaste tubes' for that matter!)

Jeremy
11th April 2005, 18:01
The other day I saw someone on a scooter on the motorway, doing about 60km/h weaving through the traffic. Wearing canvas shoes (sorry hard to explain, not sneakers, these cover less of your foot and are made out of some sort of denim material) a sweater, a open faced helmet and a dress...

Somehow I don't think a dress is going to provide any protection at all, hell even jeans would have been better.

I've also had them try and pass me on the left, and then swerve right across my path.