PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Labout Weekend

Andrew
25th October 2003, 20:46
Is anybody out there keen on going for a ride Sunday.? This seems to be one of the very few Labour weekend's where its actually not raining.

Lets get the ideas rolling in!!

wkid_one
25th October 2003, 20:53
Yeah - we are going out for a ride down here.....if you are keen you are welcome to join us - lol

MikeL
25th October 2003, 21:12
Ignoring the facetious remarks from people living in inconsequential provincial cities...
Seriously, there is an urgent need here. Unless something can be organized in the next couple of hours, I may be forced to go on a Ulysses ride tomorrow.
:argh:

Andrew? Dave? BikerBoy? Aff-man?
North?
South?

Let's get our A into G...

Firefight
25th October 2003, 21:17
Originally posted by MikeL
Ignoring the facetious remarks from people living in inconsequential provincial cities...
Seriously, there is an urgent need here. Unless something can be organized in the next couple of hours, I may be forced to go on a Ulysses ride tomorrow.
:argh:

Andrew? Dave? BikerBoy? Aff-man?
North?
South?

Let's get our A into G...

Sorry Mike, Iam night shift tonight & Working @ Woodhill Bike park tommorow, followed by night shift sunday night, however Looking @ a ride wednesday prob out to Raglan weather permitting.

firefight:shit:

MikeL
25th October 2003, 21:36
Mid-week is no good for me..:( :( :(
... at least for the next month or so.
But after 28 November I'll be on holiday...
:D :niceone: :cool: :p

bikerboy
26th October 2003, 09:13
Weather permitting I'm in for Wednesday, Sorry about Sunday. Been in a funk and doing F'all.

bluninja
26th October 2003, 11:11
Ooops, maybe should have checked the net before I went out. Had a nice gentle ride up the Old North Road to Helensville and back. If I didn't have other duties this afternoon I'd be out again. Maybe tomorrow.

TTFN

bikerboy
26th October 2003, 16:02
well for those that went out this morning and snubbed us lazy arsed sleep-ins :argh:

Thanks to the pukekoe post classic thread, :niceone: Duke, I had a great day afterall.

Thanks to Dukes's navigation, Spankme's manic speed and Andrew hot on my heels the ride out there and back was very enjoyable. CK even managed to join us for the return trip and kept Spankme and Duke on their toes.:D

Those classic bikes are beautiful but loud. Saw Mitch and KK out there as well. Both have got great new bikes and I must say Logan has blossomed into a very mature young man, mum and dad must be proud.:eek:

bluninja
27th October 2003, 08:27
So is anyone out and about after lunch today?....could barely get out of bed this morning after a kids pool party yesterday for 3 hours....where do kids get all that energy?

If anyone is up for a gentle blast auckland way give me a ring 027 483 2030.

TTFN

Andrew
27th October 2003, 08:36
It was amazing to see all these rightfully museum pieces to be thrashed and raced just like they would have been 30 40 years ago.

I had a yarn with a few old farts about their bikes (a lot of them are of British origin). Norton, BSA, Velocette, Triumph, - It has been confirmed that they run on pure methanol, mainly because it is gives increased power.

These old farts shouldn't be mocked either, aswell as racing these bikes they are their own mechanics which surprised me a little bit. Though I guess if you're going to own a classic bike you'll have to be mechanically minded.

Oh and thanks Spankme for lunch, you really know how to look after KB'ers. Perhaps I can find out how to make a donation to this site. :niceone:

bikerboy
27th October 2003, 08:47
Hey Si, where yoy thinking of going? I might be up for a little blast. Give me a ring when you've got a better idea. i'm available and interested........ to ride!:Oops:

Kwaka-Kid
27th October 2003, 15:02
Originally posted by bikerboy
blossomed into a very mature young man

thats it BB!!! i aint standing within 10 feet of you @ any meeting from now on :confused:

hahaha nah.. all good, and yeah it was a great day and good 2 see some other KB'ers out there... and yeah those old farts f-ing rock! not only are most of them racers, their own mechanics, but also their own engineers! and youll find them machining all their own parts etc because they down make em anymore.. and they all help eachother out alot too by the sounds of things.. such a nice group of racers - i say big ups to the old guy with an open face, goggles and the slowest bike i have seen around pukekohe. :niceone: