PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail/MSN down at the mo?

gav
10th April 2005, 22:55
Is it just my 'puter or is this down and has been for awhile (at least couple of hours)?

Big Dog
10th April 2005, 23:05
Is it just my 'puter or is this down and has been for awhile (at least couple of hours)?
Just you I've been logged in for several hours. See my new page there. http://groups.msn.com/My04Hayabusa :banana:

crashe
10th April 2005, 23:09

MSN working fine here...been chatting on it for hours tonight....

Try turning your comp off and restarting it up again....
sometimes for unknown reasons... you have to restart ya comp back up..

Bob
10th April 2005, 23:10
There have definitely been "wobbles" on the Hotmail front in the last couple of days. The server my Hotmail account sits on has been taken down twice, once on Thursday and again on the Friday. Both times were fairly short-lived (I think, given that I don't know how long it had been unavailable on the Thursday before logging in - the Friday was Up/down/up again within about 20 minutes).

Wonder if they're running one of their upgrades again? This seems to be the trigger for Hotmail downtime.

gav
10th April 2005, 23:11
Msg is "Sorry we are unable to sign you in to the .NET Messanger service at this time. Please try again later. 80072 efd."

inlinefour
10th April 2005, 23:13
I think that some hotmail servers get overloaded at times, resulting in the message that you get gav. It depends on the server that houses your account. Mine on the other hand is working sweet, but its probably on another server as its a very old hotmail account. :confused:

gav
10th April 2005, 23:23
Sweet as, logged off and rebooted and now back in, thanks guys!!

SPORK
10th April 2005, 23:25
My problem is different. When I start Messenger up, it will sign in, then tell me that an error has occurred, and that messenger needs to be restarted. I've tried rebooting, and reinstalling Messenger, but to no avail. So I moved onto my old computer. It's a bitch though

sAsLEX
10th April 2005, 23:34
There have definitely been "wobbles" on the Hotmail front in the last couple of days. The server my Hotmail account sits on has been taken down twice, once on Thursday and again on the Friday. Both times were fairly short-lived (I think, given that I don't know how long it had been unavailable on the Thursday before logging in - the Friday was Up/down/up again within about 20 minutes).

Wonder if they're running one of their upgrades again? This seems to be the trigger for Hotmail downtime.

can someone say knee jerk? they must be reacting to gmails infinate+1 storage!!

crashe
11th April 2005, 08:48
My problem is different. When I start Messenger up, it will sign in, then tell me that an error has occurred, and that messenger needs to be restarted. I've tried rebooting, and reinstalling Messenger, but to no avail. So I moved onto my old computer. It's a bitch though

Ok which msn are you on.....?

I was on 6.1 and was forced by msn to upgrade to 6.2 and it running sweet.

But those who have upgraded to msn7 or higher seem to have a few problems..... not everyone, but there are a few out there with problems on this version.

So depending on which version you are on.... that could be your problem.

erik
11th April 2005, 11:47
can someone say knee jerk? they must be reacting to gmails infinate+1 storage!!
I bloody hope so. After months of saying they would increase the account size to 250MB and the attachment sizes as well, they ended up limiting the upgrades to the "50 United States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico" so we don't get any of it :p