PDA

View Full Version : Harvd's First Report

Harvd
20th September 2009, 22:49
Right heres my first report of my racing so far. I know i enjoy reading others so thought you can read mine too!

Firstly im racing in streetstock on an RG150 down here in Christchurch, and have been doing so for just over a year with about that +2months my total time on bikes.

Finally im starting to get with the pace and am moving up in the placings.

So this report is about the King of Levels round 3 on 19/09/09

Qualifying

Moved from a front slick to a dot rated dunlop tt900 so i had to scrub that in then get a decent qualifying time in ~10mins. kept it slow for the first couple of laps and slowly wound up the pace, gettting a feel for the new tire. Managed to get two flying laps in before it was over and felt really happy with the way the tire was feeling but was a bit worried with the lack of top end from the motor(read: the only place where power lies).

Come back into pits and check battery, shit 9v no wonder!
chuck it on charge and wait for qualifying times.

Oh shit! due to low voltage my hardwired transponder only partially worked... so a best time of 3:14 which i guess to be a combination of my first and secong laps...

so last place on the grid it is... out of 27

Race 1

Get a great start from last be be in about 15th at the first corner, and keep taking places around the next two, draft a few down the straight and take 2 more into the first corner. by now i was into about 9th. keep going hard(a bit too hard) and find the front locking into a few corners and my ridign losing all copmosure. however i have the pace and by the checkered flag have worked myself into 5th!
Really happy with this as my previous best was 8th and this time it was from last!

Best time a 1:25.somthing

Race two

have a wee chit chat to the man who runs the show(name and appropriate title alude me at this moment) and the awsome grid marshalls and get let into the second row of the grid.

Great start even a wee wheelie but being on the outside of turn one loses me some places. but still in the top 8, hold my position into the left off the straight and take someone round the outside pushing very hard. keep the bike smooth through the next and around the outside of someone else int he decreasing radius, draft down main straight and get another going into the second left off the straight. hold this position for a while then get another on the fast lefthander a couple laps later. me and mike have an epic battle with me taking him on the outside of the decreasing radius left and him drafting up the straights. this was fine with me it meant i would lead over the line. alas a missed gear and some agressive riding from mike (caused a wee panic brake oh shit moment) and he just took me into the chicane for the win. still thumbs up all round

pull in and ive got a 4th! with a 1:23.1 really happy with this and glad the marshals and big loud man let me up in the grid.

Race 3

anotheer great start and 4th into the straight. get drafted into the corner and concede a place only to get it back arounfd the d.r left. into the hairpin and some questionable moves by the two infront mike go down directly infront of me...

i see his bike sliding into my path and already leaned over prepare for the worst, But manage to ride right over his tail section as i straightened up a bit! Bewildered that my face isnt currently scraping alongt he ground i concede a few places and regain my line and the correct gear. put the hammer down and chase down 4 guys and pull over 4th again!

Totally stoked with these results as it was a huge improvement over any previous. Need to change the gear pattern of the bucket i was also riding over to race pattern to avoid the numerous rear wheel lockups as i confuse up shift with down shift...

hmm seems i can actually remeber more than i thought i would...

and is it tyre or tire?

Bring on KOR R1

kiwi cowboy
20th September 2009, 23:12
Right heres my first report of my racing so far. I know i enjoy reading others so thought you can read mine too!

Firstly im racing in streetstock on an RG150 down here in Christchurch, and have been doing so for just over a year with about that +2months my total time on bikes.

Finally im starting to get with the pace and am moving up in the placings.

So this report is about the King of Levels round 3 on 19/09/09

Qualifying

Moved from a front slick to a dot rated dunlop tt900 so i had to scrub that in then get a decent qualifying time in ~10mins. kept it slow for the first couple of laps and slowly wound up the pace, gettting a feel for the new tire. Managed to get two flying laps in before it was over and felt really happy with the way the tire was feeling but was a bit worried with the lack of top end from the motor(read: the only place where power lies).

Come back into pits and check battery, shit 9v no wonder!
chuck it on charge and wait for qualifying times.

Oh shit! due to low voltage my hardwired transponder only partially worked... so a best time of 3:14 which i guess to be a combination of my first and secong laps...

so last place on the grid it is... out of 27

Race 1

Get a great start from last be be in about 15th at the first corner, and keep taking places around the next two, draft a few down the straight and take 2 more into the first corner. by now i was into about 9th. keep going hard(a bit too hard) and find the front locking into a few corners and my ridign losing all copmosure. however i have the pace and by the checkered flag have worked myself into 5th!
Really happy with this as my previous best was 8th and this time it was from last!

Best time a 1:25.somthing

Race two

have a wee chit chat to the man who runs the show(name and appropriate title alude me at this moment) and the awsome grid marshalls and get let into the second row of the grid.

Great start even a wee wheelie but being on the outside of turn one loses me some places. but still in the top 8, hold my position into the left off the straight and take someone round the outside pushing very hard. keep the bike smooth through the next and around the outside of someone else int he decreasing radius, draft down main straight and get another going into the second left off the straight. hold this position for a while then get another on the fast lefthander a couple laps later. me and mike have an epic battle with me taking him on the outside of the decreasing radius left and him drafting up the straights. this was fine with me it meant i would lead over the line. alas a missed gear and some agressive riding from mike (caused a wee panic brake oh shit moment) and he just took me into the chicane for the win. still thumbs up all round

pull in and ive got a 4th! with a 1:23.1 really happy with this and glad the marshals and big loud man let me up in the grid.

Race 3

anotheer great start and 4th into the straight. get drafted into the corner and concede a place only to get it back arounfd the d.r left. into the hairpin and some questionable moves by the two infront mike go down directly infront of me...

i see his bike sliding into my path and already leaned over prepare for the worst, But manage to ride right over his tail section as i straightened up a bit! Bewildered that my face isnt currently scraping alongt he ground i concede a few places and regain my line and the correct gear. put the hammer down and chase down 4 guys and pull over 4th again!

Totally stoked with these results as it was a huge improvement over any previous. Need to change the gear pattern of the bucket i was also riding over to race pattern to avoid the numerous rear wheel lockups as i confuse up shift with down shift...

hmm seems i can actually remeber more than i thought i would...

and is it tyre or tire?

Bring on KOR R1

Well done fella it was a great day after the rain the night before:shit:.
I came for a play and ended up in clubmans cos they dont have a pre89 class there but had a ball anyhoo but that first corner off the start is friggen scary off the start grid A [ive only raced a terotonga with the long strait ]

SWERVE
21st September 2009, 06:10
Well done Harvd.:done:
You certainly found some pace alright.........lookin good out there too.:Punk:
Lets show em what we have got at manfield eh:2guns:......it is your name on the entry list is gather:blink:

Harvd
21st September 2009, 17:27
Well done Harvd.:done:
You certainly found some pace alright.........lookin good out there too.:Punk:
Lets show em what we have got at manfield eh:2guns:......it is your name on the entry list is gather:blink:

Yeah thats me. Very keen, should be interesting up there to compare to the norfies.