PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha XT660 Tenere

Mystic13
21st September 2009, 14:15
I didn't realise one of these was coming so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise at speedshow on the Yamaha stand with the Red Baron guys.

Not a bad looking bike, 24 litre tank. Looks light and nimble.

For those of you that saw it. What do you think?

BMWST?
21st September 2009, 14:27
I didn't realise one of these was coming so it was a bit of a pleasant surprise at speedshow on the Yamaha stand with the Red Baron guys.

Not a bad looking bike, 24 litre tank. Looks light and nimble.

For those of you that saw it. What do you think?

apparently they arent that light...

Quasievil
21st September 2009, 14:31
I liked it, good style and was comfy,loads of accessories available to, I sat on it for a while ........didnt want to get off actually.
Yup Im keen where do I sign..........oh wait cant afford it

NZsarge
21st September 2009, 14:33
Can't remember now where I read it but apparently there might be a Super Tenere on it's way..

Crisis management
21st September 2009, 14:39
I thought, when I read the road tests, underpowered and overweight.

But at least it is a new adventure bike, so if someone would please buy one we need a new bike to disect at the next west coast ride.

Island_Moose
2nd December 2009, 04:33
I owned the XT660X, from which this thing gets its motor. It has plenty of power around town, but the FI is twitchy, either on or off, the bike bucks if you don't concentrate on feathering the throttle. On the motorway you want another gear (or two)...it works way too hard at 100km/hr.

If the Tenere has a wider and flatter seat, and a smaller rear cog...than maybe...it certainly must be lighter than it's predecessor, which was enormous.

Running Bear
31st December 2009, 14:05
I've got this bike. 110km/hr@4000rpm seems ok for a single. Track day at Ruapuna saw 155km down main straight before I ran out of road. Metzeler Tourance tyres are good and just scrubbed in at 3500kms. It's really well built and strong (just like me!) and should be good for long-distance travelling.

Running Bear
8th January 2010, 12:23
Ah, I forgot to mention the speedo is about 8% optimistic. One other niggle, the fuel gauge warning bars start flashing when there's still 8 litres left in the tank. Amazing fuel range, 450kms to the tank, after that you're living dangerously son, or pushing it.

Panzerkampfwagen VI
23rd January 2010, 09:28
where is a good place to get parts for the yam bikes ??