PDA

View Full Version : Otago: Blood drive challenge! (8 Oct 2009)

Chri5tina
22nd September 2009, 12:49
Feel like saving the lives of 3 people?

Well you can! The Rotaract Club of Dunedin is hosting a blood drive challenge over the next few months to collect enough blood to save the lives of 1500 people and we need your help!!

We need to fill 20 appointments down at the NZ Blood Service office on the morning of October 8th (only 2 weeks away), and 30 appointments on the afternoon of October 12th so if you would like to make a difference email me at club@rotaractdunedin.org.nz

It isn't every day you can do something to save someone's life - but that's exactly what you do every time you donate blood. Blood is a priceless gift - a lifesaver.

Even the best trained medical personnel, using the most advanced equipment can become helpless in the event a patient needs blood.

The gift of blood can only come from another human being ...there are no substitutes.

Blood is indeed something special. It can't be manufactured and it can't be replaced by animal blood. Yet statistics show that less than 5% of all possible donors in New Zealand actually roll their sleeves up and give each year.

SAVE LIVES - GIVE BLOOD

fatzx10r
22nd September 2009, 12:54
you can add me to the list for the 8th, where is the blood service office?

Chri5tina
22nd September 2009, 14:18
The offices are at 359 Cumberland St, Dunedin (on the one way).

They are right on the corner....you can't miss them

KiwiGs
22nd September 2009, 15:08
Count me in.

Chri5tina
23rd September 2009, 11:54
Thanks for your help with this guys.....now we just gotta spread the word a little further.

If anyone knows of anyone else in Dunedin who could potentially be interested, flick them an email. You don't have to give blood YOURSELF to save lives....just encouraging others to do it really helps.

SAVE LIVES - GIVE BLOOD

fatzx10r
8th October 2009, 11:31
done :beer:

_Shrek_
8th October 2009, 18:07
Thanks for your help with this guys.....now we just gotta spread the word a little further.

If anyone knows of anyone else in Dunedin who could potentially be interested, flick them an email. You don't have to give blood YOURSELF to save lives....just encouraging others to do it really helps.

SAVE LIVES - GIVE BLOOD

they wont take mine just coz i had hepititus when i was in primary school :oi-grr: