PDA

View Full Version : Time to Leave

vifferman
11th April 2005, 11:27
I guess when you get messages from other members telling you that you should do everyone a favour and kill yourself, it's a fairly clear indication that it's time to go.
So instead of killing myself, I'm out of here.

See ya.:spudwave:

bungbung
11th April 2005, 11:30
What?

madness, don't feel you need to leave on the opinion of some fucktard.

vifferman
11th April 2005, 11:33
Well, it's not just that. I was considering leaving anyway, and that was just one of the things that tipped the balance and made the decision easier.

crashe
11th April 2005, 11:33
Oi dont listen to them....

If YOU want to stay on the KB site then stay....
Don't be driven out by a few pratts....

I dont know you or know how you ride, but thats beside the point...
This site is for everyone who wants to ride... :ride: :ride:

And who has the right to say whether or not you can be on this site...
oh yeah SpankMe can... lol.

But in the end it is your choice whether you want to stay or go.
Good luck in what ever you decide.

TonyB
11th April 2005, 11:35
WTF? What's going on? I've never seen you post anything that would offend anyone. You seem like a top bloke to me- stick around.

Waylander
11th April 2005, 11:38
WTF? What's going on? I've never seen you post anything that would offend anyone. You seem like a top bloke to me- stick around.
Have to agree with tony here, I have never seen you post anything that may offend anyone. If they don't like you for some reason then just ignore them, nothing but wankers anyway.

Fart
11th April 2005, 11:42
Time for a break, time for a KITKAT?

You will be back after a Kitkat. Now go down to the local dairy, get yourself a Kitkat and ome straight back to KB. :msn-wink:

Teflon
11th April 2005, 11:44
Bye V man.

Jantar
11th April 2005, 11:45
I must agree with ALL of the other posters on this thread. There is absolutely no reason for you to take any notice of of any negative opinions. Just look at your approval rating to see how respected you are on this site.

Instead of leaving, make public the names of those who attacking you personally and let the rest of the community give them a taste of their own medicine.

Waylander
11th April 2005, 11:45
Time for a break, time for a KITKAT?

You will be back after a Kitkat. Now go down to the local dairy, get yourself a Kitkat and ome straight back to KB. :msn-wink:
Don't get the white choclate one though, not as good as one would think.:lol:

DEATH_INC.
11th April 2005, 11:49
I guess when you get messages from other members telling you that you should do everyone a favour and kill yourself, it's a fairly clear indication that it's time to go.

WTF is this all about?????
Post up the name of aforementioned f*ckwit so we can all go kick the shit outta the retard.....or just pm it to me
Don't leave because of some dickhead.....the worlds full of 'em you'll never escape them.

vifferman
11th April 2005, 11:50
if yor leaving then Im goingto.

vifferman
11th April 2005, 11:51
Well if your leaving, goat dude, then I am too.

vifferman
11th April 2005, 11:53
Good riddance to both of you, Goatie and farquie - you've been nothing but trouble.:angry2:

erik
11th April 2005, 11:59
If you go to the person-that-pm'd-you's profile, you can add them to your ignore list if you want. I haven't used it before, but I'd guess it'd stop their pm's from getting to you.

How come you're considering leaving anyway?

Oakie
11th April 2005, 12:22
You were the 2nd person to respond to my first ever post and you've always offered useful information. Please stay. It's people like you who make this site worthwhile.

MSTRS
11th April 2005, 12:29
Well that's a crying shame. One of the Toppest peeps on here too. 1945 members & a few Fuckwit Knuckledraggers can have this effect. What can we do?

vifferman
11th April 2005, 12:32
Meh - your all talking nonsense, ya setnimantal bunch of gibbering loons.
Let the stupid prat go, and good riddance, I say.

Zapf
11th April 2005, 12:33
gees... for ffs... don't listen to dick heads and stay. please!

vifferman
11th April 2005, 12:34
Meh .
waht doyoy mean - Meh ?
are you a gote?

inlinefour
11th April 2005, 12:40

I think thats rather over the top. More to the point, those individuals who are making theses statements should be removed from the site. Clearly they have the problem, not you viffer. Stick around and not allow them to bully you. I think naming the individual(s) in question would be in order. :angry2:

BNZ
11th April 2005, 12:47
This has got to be a joke? No offense mate but I dont know too many people that would bugger off just because someone said something bad to them? Unless of course they were 5. Something doesnt sound quite right here, but I cant work it out as April fools was over a week ago? :confused:

Hitcher
11th April 2005, 12:50
Viff

I am aghast and appalled. Words fail me.

People who haven't got the guts to post publicly such opinions deserve no respect. By leaving in this manner you're giving respect to them and their narrow redneck views.

I, for one, will miss you and your input to this site, if you decide to leave. I have enjoyed greatly your contributions.

BNZ
11th April 2005, 12:52
Words fail me.

Noooooooooooooooooooo :killingme

Joni
11th April 2005, 12:55
I, for one, will miss you and your input to this site, if you decide to leave. I have enjoyed greatly your contributions.

Ditto on what Hitcher said Ian.
I think you know my feelings about this.
So which ever direction you choose, stay in touch mate.

Jo

inlinefour
11th April 2005, 12:55
Viff

I am aghast and appalled. Words fail me.

People who haven't got the guts to post publicly such opinions deserve no respect. By leaving in this manner you're giving respect to them and their narrow redneck views.

We would all prefer if you did not go, time out maybe? :msn-wink:

Lou Girardin
11th April 2005, 13:01
What will we do for strange humour if you go?
Let the cretin who said that leave. The wanker probably had a humour by-pass to go with his optianalectomy.

inlinefour
11th April 2005, 13:20
What will we do for strange humour if you go?
Let the cretin who said that leave. The wanker probably had a humour by-pass to go with his optianalectomy.

Or the wimp will go and hide back under the rock that the cretin originally came out of. If I was that person, I'd be afraid, VERY afraid. This fool has no idea what he /she has unleashed upon him/herself. If I was that person I'd be praying VERY hard that we don't find out who you are...

Wolf
11th April 2005, 13:26
It's probably the fault of farQ2 and Goatfood.

No one takes WINJA seriously enough for it to be him :shifty:

You'll be sorely missed, viff. Wish it could be different. I don't know what other factors have brought about this decision, but I suppose you know best what is right for you.

Bugger when we lose one of the most respected and liked members of the forum.

Keep the vifferrari rubber side down and good :ride:

idb
11th April 2005, 13:27
Or the wimp will go and hide back under the rock that the cretin originally came out of. If I was that person, I'd be afraid, VERY afraid. This fool has no idea what he /she has unleashed upon him/herself. If I was that person I'd be praying VERY hard that we don't find out who you are...

Whaaaaaaaat?????
"I know what you're thinking punk...'has he used five smilies or six'...well to be honest in all this excitement................................"

ktulu
11th April 2005, 13:28
ah for fucks sake, some people are cunts.

Hang around man, its got to be good, unless its those PM's that I sent you about your gate then fair enough.

inlinefour
11th April 2005, 13:30
Whaaaaaaaat?????
"I know what you're thinking punk...'has he used five smilies or six'...well to be honest in all this excitement................................"

I'm referring to the clown making the threats. I'd suspect many will see it my way also as this sort of shyte is way out of line.

Paul in NZ
11th April 2005, 13:41
Well this is kinda sad dontcha thunk...

Look, participation in the interwebby thing goes in cycles. It's not rare for site stalwarts to leave sites etc but it's very (very) uncool for people to suggest other folk go kill them selves. If you need to go, thats OK, but don't let people force you too. I'd rather these people were stopped.

So, please do us a favour and let us know who is the danger in our midst.

Cheers

sels1
11th April 2005, 13:49
Well, it's not just that. I was considering leaving anyway, and that was just one of the things that tipped the balance and made the decision easier.

So you were considering leaving anyway???????

Racey Rider
11th April 2005, 13:54
Sad to hear that V

You didn't seem like the type to let one idiot get you down. :whocares:
So how about telling us the whole story?

Nothin wrong with taking a break form the site,, but, hopefully for the right reasons.

Your input is aways good by me.
(Consider ego stroked!)
But thats ALL you'll get!

Sniper
11th April 2005, 14:06
Vifferman, dont go anywhere, besides, who cares of what other people say, you are a good bloke and I hear a damn good rider, stick around, we all want you here

Motu
11th April 2005, 14:08
Well I think PMs are just that - private messages.If I told this lowlife with a wankers bike that he's a fucking idiot,then that's between him and me,not the rest of you...pity I value his posts though.

And you're not leaving Goatfood,you haven't given me a ride on your bike yet,and no one leaves without a Motu test ride.

Ixion
11th April 2005, 14:39
Mate, according to the home page there's 1945 members of this forum. And you've had some crapola PM from , what, two maybe.

And a lot more than that number of supporting, "don't go" messages (to which number, add this one)

Seems the numbers are highly skewed toward any immolation being of the said crapola-generators. (to whom, if they're reading this :finger: )

Hell, if I chucked it in off every forum I've been on where someones done a tizzy on me, I'd have so much time on my hands that I'd seriously have to consider doing some work .

Go for a burn, have a drink, chill out, tell the punks to go suck a long one, then come on back here . Please.

strayjuliet
11th April 2005, 14:41
Vifferdude don't leave just because of some low life dipstick, most of the posts here want you to stay myself as well, i personly wouldn't give those stupid dicks the time of day and i sure as heck wouldnt leave because they want me too. Let me ask you this, if a person told you to jump off a cliff would ya? so why leave because of them, dont give em the satisfaction they aint worth it. just do what you think is right dude. Ride on. :ride: :2thumbsup

Blackbird
11th April 2005, 15:16
This is serious stuff which has the potential to break up a superb website. I feel very strongly about abuse as opposed to mickey-taking. The UK Blackbird site was broken up a few years ago because of this and is danger of having excellent people drift away again - see this recent thread: http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/forum/showthread.php?t=18229

Vifferman is a great guy who shouldn't feel the need to walk away because of a few knuckle-draggers who only have a few brain cells to keep their basic functions more or less operational.

It's in our hands to behave and know where the limits are but Ian, please don't play into the hands of complete boofheads.

Geoff

Gremlin
11th April 2005, 15:36
I wouldn't know you from a bar of soap, but I would much have someone of your calibre and knowledge here than idiots saying "go kill yourself".

Lets keep some minimum standards (obviously mates joking aside) and keep trash out of this great site.

Motoracer
11th April 2005, 15:38
Oh well, it's a pitty we've never met after all this time but I know you'r a good bloke and I wish you well for all of your journeys in life. If you ever decide to come back, please do so!

vifferman
11th April 2005, 15:41
I've had a lot of supportive posts and PMs from people here, which is very humbling. You guys rock! I would like to say though, that some of the stuff expressed is a bit misguided, so I'll tell you what I can.

What was said to me was this:
"If life is so bad you have to bitch about everything, do us a favour and kill yourself."

I can deal with that, and I have, saying to him that I didn't see where that came from. I didn't think I was bitching at the time, but maybe I was? :spudwhat: I told him I thought that he was off-target there.
I don't feel any animosity towards him, but it did make me think - and not about killing myself, as I've already been through that. Yes, I am in fact dead. :eek:
Cue more bad rep from another KBer, for saying silly things. Go on - you know you want to. :Pokey: :lol:

Life has been quite bad lately (oh, poor me! :weep: ), and I've probably made it worse for myself by spending too much time on KB - easy to do, because I don't have enough work to do. However, spending so much time in escapist activities such as posting on here has contributed to the rut I'm in, and I figure the easiest way to get out of the rut is to break the cycle of some bad habits I've got, even if only for period of time, till I get my act together. If I can. :confused:

If I can't, then I may as well wallow in my rut, and come back here and annoy the hell out of some of you.
Again.

jazbug5
11th April 2005, 16:05
Whaaaaaaaat?????

:lol:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters..... gollox

jazbug5
11th April 2005, 16:20
Oh, and whoever sent that P.M. needs to grow up. Or have their head examined. I volunteer myself as Brain Surgeon General; I have a special blunt teaspoon I use especially for this type of work...

Wolf
11th April 2005, 16:31
and come back here and annoy the hell out of some of you.
Again.
Feel free, any time. Some of 'em need annoying! Others need more than that.

Edit: Hmm - 500th post - I'm half a whore! Bit of a worry...

Hooks
11th April 2005, 16:48
Viff ... I think I know where you're coming from ... I scaled down my input and time on here as a result so that I could focus on the things that were a bit more immediate in my life ... and I pop in & out as I feel, just ticking along ... work and/or life in general can preclude us from being able to carry on as we would like ... but remember this ..... there are always people who value you and your input whether you know it or not ... and by adopting a slightly lower profile you get the best of both worlds !!
Stick around mate ... the main thing about this site is it's awsome ability to become a support network at the drop of a hat ... the majority of the people are real quality humans .... I for one will miss your off-beat humour and vast experience ....

SO HARDEN UP FFS !! :killingme Oh yeah and stick around too .. !!!

Catch ya in the mud when the tide goes out !!

Ian

scumdog
11th April 2005, 16:59
Hang around dude, even if just for your colourful descriptions!!
Seriously though you have knowledge and experience that is invaluable to the "newbees" on this site, keep it coming.
I know what you mean about the KB site swallowing time though (CB keeps hinting the same) but 'moderation grasshopper, moderation'. :niceone:

StoneChucker
11th April 2005, 19:54
PLEASE tell me... Are YOU GoatFood???

As everyone has said, don't go. Don't forget, people can be a great support network, and where better to find like minded people :niceone:

James Deuce
11th April 2005, 19:56
PLEASE tell me... Are YOU GoatFood???

Nay! Thou art GoatFood, O crepulous Knave!

Hooks
11th April 2005, 20:00
Nay! Thou art GoatFood, O crepulous Knave!

Aha !!!!! .... I knew it !!

John
11th April 2005, 20:01
MrVif, You cant leave? Who will continue to ponder strange and creative names for the VFR??

Dont worry about who ever is annoying you, they just want your bike dude :)

Well if you must go, you will be missed, take care in your endevours, and be sure to come on some rides or BBQ's.

Ms Piggy
11th April 2005, 20:02
Oh, and whoever sent that P.M. needs to grow up. Or have their head examined. I volunteer myself as Brain Surgeon General; I have a special blunt teaspoon I use especially for this type of work...
Ah hah! We are short of Brain surgeons in N.Z and I'm sure a wee Scottish Lassie armed with a blunt teaspoon would be an excellent choice!

Viff - take care & we will miss ya! :(

Hitcher
11th April 2005, 20:05
If I can't, then I may as well wallow in my rut, and come back here and annoy the hell out of some of you.
Again.
There is a time for every endeavour. Including rutting...

Krusti
11th April 2005, 20:12
There are allways those who take delight in tearing down or putting down something they are jealous of ...or they are just the dimwits who stand on the side walk yellin ,...JUMP....just hope there is some one there to say the same to them when things get a little out of balance in their lives.

May be all you need Viff is to change some habits and not actually leave but maybe only allow yourself certain net times etc...I don't know

What ever you decide, all the best and look forward to viewing your opinion when you next peep in....:msn-wink: :Punk: :niceone:

dangerous
11th April 2005, 20:38
I guess when you get messages from other members telling you that you should do everyone a favour and kill yourself,
Viffer, thats just bull shit....... if only those kinda wanks would stop and think about there comments for just a second..... fuked if I know but people making those sorta remarks dont usualy know the health issues of those on the other end of the stick and the consequences of there actions.

Theres only one um............. fuk um viff, take a break sort some shit out and be reassured that you will be missed in the mean time... do what ya have too then report back when ya ready.

best regards
DD

ps: I wouldn't mind knowing who it was aswell..... just to have an understanding of why :Playnice:

saiko
11th April 2005, 20:46

He is a top bloke, I've met him. Vif often you're the only one who makes any sense, please reconsider staying.

saiko
11th April 2005, 20:47
You were the 2nd person to respond to my first ever post and you've always offered useful information. Please stay. It's people like you who make this site worthwhile.

Yup, your technical posts are always good reading.

onearmedbandit
11th April 2005, 23:26
Instead of Viffer naming the person, perhaps the person should make themselves known. If you're prepared to make those sort of comments about someone, and you believe in what you are saying, then stand up and be accounted.

Viffer, take it easy and I hope things improve for you. Sometimes I've got a lot on my plate so I don't pop in for a few days/weeks whatever, but when I do find the time I'll poke my head in and see whats going on. Hope to see you around.

Gixxer 4 ever
12th April 2005, 00:08
People....... we need to listen to what Viffer is saying. We have all felt bad about him leaving but he answered the questions and he is right with what he has said. I have said it before, I had to leave the sportsbikes news groups because it go a hold of me when one of the group was hit by a deer. Spent to much time posting and lost focus on work and all sorts. We will miss you should you go but you got to do what you got to do. Give him a break people and don't make it worse. Give the man some room. He may or may not come back. Such is life. If leaving this forum makes your lot easier then everyone here should accept that and be thankful you can see a change for the better.
We will miss you. Make life better for yourself. You have the right, and obligation, to do that. :niceone: Take care. :ride:

Biff
13th April 2005, 23:40
I leave for a couple of weeks and this place goes to rat shit!

I don't know if you'll read this V - but whatever/whoever is low enough to say what has been said to you - please ignore them.

Your contribution to this site has been invaluable, thanks to your knowledge of of our two wheeled friend and your jovial and humourous personality.

Here's hoping you change your mind soon, and I know that this is a view shared by the majority.

BB

gav
14th April 2005, 00:09
So its your fault everyones leaving BiffBaff? I knew it, good one Roger :msn-wink:

MadDuck
14th April 2005, 00:13
Vifferman...I have watched your posts and watched the crap you been subjected to. Dont leave us PLEASE

You not met the MadDuck so your life is not yet fulfiled :ride: :mobile:

Doesnt matter where you go you will always get it (crap that is)

gav
14th April 2005, 19:06
I know this guy on an American m/c site, who was basically forced to leave as these two other arseholes just started stalking him and posting real obscene stuff everytime he posted. He isnt American and just gave him so much shit, even tracked him down on other forums and psoted shot about him there, bombarded his email etc and basically made his life a misery. Neat guy too, had some great contacts and psoted heaps of cool stuff, just cause his English wasnt perfect, some of his posts sometimes read a bit funny, but all good otherwise. The Americans seem so sensitive, when Nicky Hayden got the Repsol ride, guys were posting how he was gonna kick Rosssi's butt. I love asking them Nickys going, has he won a race yet, think they only just tolerate me :killingme
(bit like you guys, Im sure :whistle: )
You never know oneday someone might take this whole internet thingy seriously :confused: :msn-wink:

dangerous
14th April 2005, 19:14
I know this guy on an American m/c site, who was basically forced to leave as these two other arseholes just started stalking him and posting real obscene stuff everytime he posted. He isnt American and just gave him so much shit, even tracked him down on other forums and psoted shot about him there, bombarded his email etc and basically made his life a misery. Neat guy too, had some great contacts and psoted heaps of cool stuff. :confused: :msn-wink:
And so how do you feel about things now Roger......... do you still dislike the yanks? and have you been back to those sites? :shifty: :shake:

gav
14th April 2005, 20:13
Hey, you're a funny guy, just be talking about ya, intersting that you werent there....
Ahhh, shit yeah, give em heaps, Americans ehh, sorry for any on here, but some truly believe the world doesnt exist outside the US :confused:

Waylander
14th April 2005, 20:19
Heh it's a fact mate but it's not the average joe's fault they don't know there are other countries out there. Only time any of them make the news is if the states are invading them or they arn't helping the states invade some other country. Glad I left and have no expectations of going back other than short trips to do a few rallys everynow and then.

Lou Girardin
15th April 2005, 08:25
How can you expect them to have a world view when they're face down in a Big Mac and Jerry springer's on the box.

Posh Tourer :P
16th April 2005, 20:50
Whoa steady on there girl.... he's got a Mrs vifferman already...... :bleh:

Ian I kinda agree with ya. KB takes up too much time and a lot of it isnt quality. But it is hard to ignore the worthless threads cos you just get dragged into them somehow. TBH there is a lot of shit posted, and I only read 1 in about 25 threads. If it takes too long too trawl through for a good discussion, you've got to cut your losses and get out. I know a few people who have done so already, and I'm also tempted, except that there are some bloody good events organised through here......

Vifferman...I have watched your posts and watched the crap you been subjected to. Dont leave us PLEASE

You not met the MadDuck so your life is not yet fulfiled :ride: :mobile:

Doesnt matter where you go you will always get it (crap that is)

Virago
16th April 2005, 21:52
Ian I kinda agree with ya. KB takes up too much time and a lot of it isnt quality. But it is hard to ignore the worthless threads cos you just get dragged into them somehow. TBH there is a lot of shit posted, and I only read 1 in about 25 threads. If it takes too long too trawl through for a good discussion, you've got to cut your losses and get out. I know a few people who have done so already, and I'm also tempted, except that there are some bloody good events organised through here......[/QUOTE]

I agree - I've only been here a bit over a day, and here I am posting this stuff instead of catching up on paper-work (running my own business). Perhaps forums are addictive, like internet porn (or so they tell me)....

riffer
16th April 2005, 23:11
Perhaps forums are addictive...

Do anything long enough and it'll become addictive. :whistle:

Waylander
16th April 2005, 23:13
Do anything long enough and it'll become addictive. :whistle:
Like riding a bike?:shifty: