PDA

View Full Version : Two Smoker's write up on KB trackday

Two Smoker
11th April 2005, 20:39
Hey everyone,

After a couple of requests, ill do a quick write up of my day...

Loaded up my RG150 and ZXR400 (huge thanks to mlcrisis and gazza for taking my bikes down!!) on the Saturday. Motoracers GSX-R600 is still out of action so i said that i can take 2 of my bikes down and we can swap around.

Left on the Sunday at about 0430, picked up Motoracer and his gear, then shot off to the famous Papakura AB to meet up with a few others... After spending ages looking at loosebruces "improved" TL we left for Taupo. I sat in the Convoy for a while in the mighty 1.5 litre Pulsar, then the bikes past us. I got a bit bored sitting at 90kmh, so i left the convoy and chased the bikes down... Caught the bikes, and past them at a nice reasopnable speed (i dont think they were expecting it, except for Bruce, because he knows what im like hehe) Bruce then egged me on to go faster, but the little Pulsar wouldnt pass 1^0 (there is a code there look at your keyboard) So i left the bikes behind and we made for a quick trip down. We arrived, and got my bikes ready. FOund my ZXR running on 3 cylinders (because of the cold) but once warm it was fine.

Motoracer started of on my RG150 doing Intructional things... I started off on the 4 laps trying to scrub in my new tyres, this never happened, so Frosty was so gracious to let me into the last 5 mins of the Slow group (sorry if i scared anyone).

Right, tyres are scrubbed in, time to do some fast riding. I wrote on one of the threads that i was going to aim for 45's... The first session i spent coming to grips with the bike and new tyre and forks set up, as well as the track... Had a bit of a moment coming round the sweeper where i dropped the bike in WAY too early. Ran over the ripple strip, straightned her up, and braked, then headed for the dirt. SHIT that dirt was deep!!! Bike was slewing all over the place, but i held it together, looked back to see the marshall waving the flag, then stop waving as i got back onto the track...

The next session i got my old man to time me, went hard, felt good and whacked down a few low 45's...

The next session i went even harder... Was scrapping my fairings and pegs everywhere, sandwiching my knee between the ripplestrip/track and my fairings... Came back in to be astonished that i had got into the 44's!!!! With a new Personal Best of 44.6. That puts me at the top of F3 and at the backfeild of F2/600 supersports.

I was having an absolute blast and feeling very comfortable doing consistent 44's and 45's.. Jimbo was kind enough to loan White Trash his 600, This was great and gave me someone to chase, could catch him at the sweeper and hairpin but lost a few bike lengths at a time at the straights... Top shit Jimmy, great riding mate!!!

I just then spent my time mucking around with Motoracer, and then Slob gave me a go on his GSX-R750... It was great to ride a big bike again!!! Cant wait to start racing my 600!!!

Now i have a problem with ground clearance, and have to look at getting some aftermarket rear sets... IM stoked with 44's and i cant wait to race again!!!

Huge thanks to Frosty for organising the track day, and all the riders for turning up!!

Death is the man at wheelies still, and it was a pity WT's Gixxer packed a sad... Bit stink that MR couldnt bring his 600, but there will be a next time.

Sorry i didnt get around much too meet people, i was the guy in the fast group on the ZXR400 (the same one as in my avatar)... Looked like everyone was riding really well and having a blast!!!

Glad to see no one got photos of my ugly bike too :niceone:

Two Smoker
11th April 2005, 20:41
"quick wirte up" aye???

sAsLEX
11th April 2005, 20:58
good shit bro!!! Hopefully some dude on a little #50 125 aint there next time you go racing!!!!

Two Smoker
11th April 2005, 21:02
good shit bro!!! Hopefully some dude on a little #50 125 aint there next time you go racing!!!!

Dont even remind me lol... i cant battle with 42's and 43's on a stock ZXR... I also cant battle with KK's new beast :( Ah what am i kidding... Im slow as fuck and will be in the mid to back field :(

sAsLEX
11th April 2005, 21:11
. I also cant battle with KK's new beast :(

embelish??

Riff Raff
11th April 2005, 21:14
Caught the bikes, and past them at a nice reasopnable speed (i dont think they were expecting it, except for Bruce, because he knows what im like hehe) Bruce then egged me on to go faster, but the little Pulsar wouldnt pass 1^0 (there is a code there look at your keyboard) :
Yes and then I passed Zapf, you and the rest of the cars in front of you at 1*9 :bleh:

Glad to see no one got photos of my ugly bike too :niceone:
Actually I have, but I haven't finished resizing the photos and uploading them.

k14
11th April 2005, 21:23
Dont even remind me lol... i cant battle with 42's and 43's on a stock ZXR... I also cant battle with KK's new beast :( Ah what am i kidding... Im slow as fuck and will be in the mid to back field :(

haha yeah right. puts my 47's to shame from last weekend. keep it up looks like you're going really well.

FROSTY
11th April 2005, 21:37
good write up dude. Good to see ya getting down some fast times. Looks like the front end rebuild really helped--ya flew past me like i was standing still.
I was having a big problem getting dialed in from the slow to the med then the fast group.Mella yella wanted to go faster but I just couldn't get my head into it. I laid down a couple of timed laps that were a fairly decent improvement for me.

Two Smoker
11th April 2005, 22:01
Yes and then I passed Zapf, you and the rest of the cars in front of you at 1*9 :bleh:

Just ask felix about me passing him on my Gixxer.... @#% and still accelerating :bleh:

curious george
11th April 2005, 22:45
Hey Chris, just out of curiosity, were your times done with a stopwatch or were they timed with fancy timing gear?
Not that it really matters, but I was interested if anybody is using one of those automatic laptimers...

Two Smoker
13th April 2005, 07:13
Hey Chris, just out of curiosity, were your times done with a stopwatch or were they timed with fancy timing gear?
Not that it really matters, but I was interested if anybody is using one of those automatic laptimers...

Cellphone :( , Not as accurate by anymeans as a transponder... I wish i could afford a lap timer... maybe at the end of the year...

Ghost Lemur
13th April 2005, 18:44
Cellphone :( , Not as accurate by anymeans as a transponder... I wish i could afford a lap timer... maybe at the end of the year...

Talking of which, anyone heard anymore from affman(?) about the unit he was making as a uni project?