PDA

View Full Version : So I was terrified, but I was wrong

Tink
26th September 2009, 22:36
took the bike out in the rain, bitumen the works... was great.. bike ran smooth.. happy biker!

p.dath
26th September 2009, 22:38
Good on you. Chances are the bikes limits are far beyond your own. Its just about making sensible decisions when the conditions are not so favourable.

MadDuck
26th September 2009, 22:39
Good for you girl. Just stay upright ok? :msn-wink:

Grahameeboy
26th September 2009, 22:41

Doing what?............

cs363
26th September 2009, 22:47
took the bike out in the rain, bitumen the works... was great.. bike ran smooth.. happy biker!

Good work Rocketgal, good to see you are really getting into it now :niceone:

NewRob
26th September 2009, 22:52
:jerry: Good one girl. The more you ride it in all kinds of weather the better you get to know her. I ride mine to work everyday, comes rain or shine. :chase:

YellowDog
26th September 2009, 23:14
Apart from being wet, dirty, and slippery; riding in the wet is fine.

Insanity_rules
26th September 2009, 23:17
You'd be amazed at just how reliable the handling of your bike will be on a vast array of surfaces. Good on you for tackling the wet.

BMWST?
27th September 2009, 10:15
most times if you let the bike do its thing you will be fine in all situations....if you start to interfere is when thing go wrong.The main thing in the wet is there can be slippery spots(paint,manhole covers deisel patches) but generally the wet road provides lots of grip esp if you tyres have good tread good and warmed up

Tink
28th September 2009, 09:01
Good on you. Chances are the bikes limits are far beyond your own. Its just about making sensible decisions when the conditions are not so favourable.

Good work Rocketgal, good to see you are really getting into it now :niceone:

:jerry: Good one girl. The more you ride it in all kinds of weather the better you get to know her. I ride mine to work everyday, comes rain or shine. :chase:

You'd be amazed at just how reliable the handling of your bike will be on a vast array of surfaces. Good on you for tackling the wet.

most times if you let the bike do its thing you will be fine in all situations....if you start to interfere is when thing go wrong.The main thing in the wet is there can be slippery spots(paint,manhole covers deisel patches) but generally the wet road provides lots of grip esp if you tyres have good tread good and warmed up

Thanks guys, BUT I refuse to ride today.... it is disgusting in Auckland... :(

PrincessBandit
28th September 2009, 09:06
haha, yes it is dreadful here today.

I remember the first time I rode in the rain - was quite worried beforehand but then figured with the number of riders I'd seen valiantly braving the scary wet stuff it couldn't be automatically dangerous. Otherwise you'd never see a rider in the rain.

Hopped on, off I went and was amazed to see that the bike didn't do anything other than what it always did. And as long as I stayed more alert to the road surface it was nothing at all to be worried about!

Since then the rain has never bothered me. Wind however.....(and I don't mean the farty variety!)

Tink
28th September 2009, 21:31
haha, yes it is dreadful here today.

I remember the first time I rode in the rain - was quite worried beforehand but then figured with the number of riders I'd seen valiantly braving the scary wet stuff it couldn't be automatically dangerous. Otherwise you'd never see a rider in the rain.

Hopped on, off I went and was amazed to see that the bike didn't do anything other than what it always did. And as long as I stayed more alert to the road surface it was nothing at all to be worried about!

Since then the rain has never bothered me. Wind however.....(and I don't mean the farty variety!)

I am 10 min from ramarama tornado's .. glad I didn't get hit by wind.. mind you I was out a lot later. hehe

Zuki lover
4th October 2009, 16:12
Excellent. Its good to venture out beyond your limits - makes you a better biker in the long run too :)

Fatt Max
5th October 2009, 20:04
Well done for getting out there and amongst it.

I hated riding in the wet but soon got the hang and feel of it. This morning was a fecking shocker but we wouldnt have it any other way now would we.

Good onya, the pie fairy has been ordered to put a piping hot smoked fish pie at the end of your bed for tomorrrow's brekkie

Tink
6th October 2009, 10:26
Well done for getting out there and amongst it.

I hated riding in the wet but soon got the hang and feel of it. This morning was a fecking shocker but we wouldnt have it any other way now would we.

Good onya, the pie fairy has been ordered to put a piping hot smoked fish pie at the end of your bed for tomorrrow's brekkie

psml... I would be happy with a grapefruit... just got back from a wee wet ride... and having coffee now .. bloody sun is shining, so going out again... I have plenty of back roads out in the country I can ride on... I am soooo hooked!!!:woohoo:

caseye
6th October 2009, 10:41
All it takes is some time on the bike, well done!Take care out there at all times and listen to the guys and Girls who have posted their helpful hints here.
Yes the roads out back of your area are awesome, when you feel like a bit of a ride with a few other KB'ers feel free to tag along on a SATNR ride, see threrad for details or pm me ,no worries.

Tink
6th October 2009, 13:52
All it takes is some time on the bike, well done!Take care out there at all times and listen to the guys and Girls who have posted their helpful hints here.
Yes the roads out back of your area are awesome, when you feel like a bit of a ride with a few other KB'ers feel free to tag along on a SATNR ride, see threrad for details or pm me ,no worries.

Just come back from Pukekohe, managed 85km.. on the open road... nice ride, sun finally came out... want a few more K's under my belt before I start group riding.. thanks for the invite... :)

Markw336
6th October 2009, 16:55
good on ya but personally i dont ride in the rain cause its so god dam dangeorous ive fallen off my scooter so much doesnt help how the scooter look either

Tink
6th October 2009, 20:40
good on ya but personally i dont ride in the rain cause its so god dam dangeorous ive fallen off my scooter so much doesnt help how the scooter look either

Scooter... erm bike with motors.... lol