PDA

View Full Version : Honda Blackbird for sale

Blackbird
27th September 2009, 16:08
Has been owned by me since 2001 and is arguably one of the best kept and set up Blackbirds around. It can be used for both 2-up touring and more sporting riding! In beautiful condition and being sold with extreme reluctance as at 62 years of age, I’m looking for a lighter, lower bike to take me through the next few years.

The Blackbird is still one of the fastest bikes on the market, yet can be ridden in a totally sedate manner. The motor has the reputation of being utterly bullet-proof. Some of the early models in the UK and USA have done over 200,000 MILES with no major engine work.

It has the following extras:
• Penske 8983 rear shock. Adjustable for ride height and remote damping – a quality shock on par with Ohlins.
• Jaws (UK) front fork springs and spacers. Standard Blackbird springs are too short and soft.
• Pyramid screen. Double bubble dark tint for better weather protection.
• Pyramid hugger. Protects rear of bike and shock from road dirt and water.
• Custom seat. Rider NZ brand. Can literally ride 1600 km days with no discomfort.
• Lowered footpeg brackets. Unbends legs for touring but still plenty of ground clearance.
• Scottoiler. Don’t even need to adjust the chain between tyre changes!
• Crash mushrooms. Fairing protection in the event of a drop.
• Headlight protector. Ventura brand.
• Heated grips. Daytona brand.
• Ventura pack rack. Bags not for sale
• 3M clear film. Applied to tank, parts of fairing and front guard to prevent stone chips and scuffing.
• Front guard extender. Protects front of bike from front wheel fling.
• Radar detector mount. Detector and screamer not included.
• EBC HH brake pads. The best available for the ‘bird.

Full workshop and parts manuals plus maintenance history come with the bike, along with a CD of articles, maintenance tips and set-up advice from enthusiasts around the world.

Available for inspection and a test ride by people with a serious interest at Coromandel town.

mangell6
27th September 2009, 16:15
Great sunset photo

Blackbird
27th September 2009, 16:23
Taken within a few hundred metres of your house Mike!

Jantar
27th September 2009, 16:51
Here's another couple of photos of Geof's immaculate Blackbird.

1. Taken on the 2005 Southern Cross next to Mangel6's FZ1 and my GS1200SS.

2. Taken on the 2009 Southern Cross between Mangle6's FZ1 and my VStrom. (note that for this event Geof had painted the Blackbird with invisible paint)

I can attest to the fact that this would be the best Blackbird available.

Mully
27th September 2009, 16:52
I want!!

Specially in that colour!!!

But no money.

Good luck with the sale - these bikes are beauties.

Blackbird
27th September 2009, 17:54
Thanks so much chaps!

I'm in the best of worlds. Love that bike to bits so if it doesn't sell, I'll just keep it and get the Street Triple when I'm REALLY old and decrepit :shifty:. Just future-proofing at this stage.

Blackbird
28th September 2009, 09:38
Put it on Trade Me this morning: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-244585309.htm

Mully
28th September 2009, 09:39
Just to taunt myself further, is this the injected or the carb'ed model?

Blackbird
28th September 2009, 09:43
Injected, full horsepower i.e pre-catalytic muffler.

insomnia01
1st October 2009, 14:03
I can attest to the fact that this would be the best Blackbird available.

In BLUE it maybe, but not in BLACK :whistle: :whistle:

All the best with the sale Geoff :2thumbsup

Blackbird
2nd October 2009, 08:39
In BLUE it maybe, but not in BLACK :whistle: :whistle: All the best with the sale Geoff :2thumbsup

Hahaha - thanks Hami! Not worried if it doesn't sell, just "future-proofing" so I have plenty of time. I've never used Trade Me to sell anything before and am unimpressed so far.

The first contact was from an Aucklander who was looking for a bike after a years' layoff, asked a load of stupid questions, offered an appallingly low amount of money; then identified himself as a Suzuki man which I thought explained a lot:whistle:.

The second contact was from a guy in Cambridge that wanted to swap a truck that he had on TradeMe for it. WTF???

The last contact was clearly a scam. Big story about working on an oil rig off Aussie - couldn't get there personally but would arrange for it to be collected, payments into Pay Pal accounts - real wanky stuff.:argh:

insomnia01
6th October 2009, 09:43
Having seen your BB the price your asking is very realistic if not slightly cheap taking into acct add on's & the overall condition.... would be a great score for somebody ( trying to entertain the idea with a mate to buy it )

kevfromcoro
6th October 2009, 09:48
HI what the next bike... ?

Blackbird
6th October 2009, 10:20
HI what the next bike... ?

Street Triple - fits me like a glove!

Swoop
6th October 2009, 11:00

Go on! You are tempted...:blip:

Edit: Do you get the "Blackbird" KB login to go with the bike?

Blackbird
6th October 2009, 11:37
Go on! You are tempted...:blip:

Edit: Do you get the "Blackbird" KB login to go with the bike?

Hahaha. If I do get the Triple, I think I can just about hang onto it seeing that the Trumpy will be black and all my bikes are female:yes:

James Deuce
6th October 2009, 11:46

Stop whining about money and buy it.

The above sentence never works for me, but one day someone is going to get it right.

Plus our man Blackbird needs his Triple.

Swoop
6th October 2009, 12:15
Hahaha. If I do get the Triple, I think I can just about hang onto it seeing that the Trumpy will be black and all my bikes are female:yes:
So. Has Mr Mully been around with his cheque book yet??:wari::woohoo::rockon:

Blackbird
6th October 2009, 12:24
So. Has Mr Mully been around with his cheque book yet??:wari::woohoo::rockon:

Haha, it's a bit far and wild for Aucklanders to travel all this way:innocent:

vifferman
6th October 2009, 12:26
Haha, it's a bit far and wild for Aucklanders to travel all this way:innocent:
Nonsense (says he who hasn't braved the wilds and farnesses for many a goodly long time...)
It'd be perfect for both a testing playground and an enjoyable ride home again.

Blackbird
6th October 2009, 12:39
Nonsense (says he who hasn't braved the wilds and farnesses for many a goodly long time...)
It'd be perfect for both a testing playground and an enjoyable ride home again.

Well that got a quick bite Ian :yes: S'pose it's because you know they serve latte in Coro, hehe.

vifferman
6th October 2009, 12:41
Well that got a quick bite Ian :yes: S'pose it's because you know they serve latte in Coro, hehe.
I prefer flat whites.
I've been watching your thread with interest, Geoff. If it wasn't for the budget being allocated to a return trip to Yurp, I might have been a potential buyer myself.

Mully
6th October 2009, 13:46
Go on! You are tempted...

Shuddap.

Had I not a wedding to pay for in December, this would be even more tempting than it already is.......

Stop whining about money and buy it.

You're not helping either.

Swoop
6th October 2009, 13:58
Shuddap.

Had I not a wedding to pay for in December, this would be even more tempting than it already is.......
What a perfect wedding gift!!!!!!!:woohoo:

Mully
6th October 2009, 14:03
What a perfect wedding gift!!!!!!!:woohoo:

That's very thoughtful of you, Swoop. I graciously accept

Blackbird, can Swoop come and pay you for this (as his generous wedding present to Miss Mully and I) in the next few days?

Swoop
6th October 2009, 14:09
That's very thoughtful of you, Swoop. I graciously accept

Blackbird, can Swoop come and pay you for this (as his generous wedding present to Miss Mully and I) in the next few days?
No worries.:rockon:
I'll pick it up and deliver it to your doorstep, but since it will be your present to Miss Mully, I think it will be best if you pay Blackbird directly... My interest rates are far too high...:gob:

Mully
6th October 2009, 14:14
You know what they say; the Swoop giveth and the Swoop taketh away.

I'll pick it up and deliver it to your doorstep, but since it will be your present to Miss Mully, I think it will be best if you pay Blackbird directly... My interest rates are far too high...

Miss Mully only has a Learners... She'd probably spite me enough to not let me use this either.....

Swoop
6th October 2009, 14:20
Miss Mully only has a Learners... She'd probably spite me enough to not let me use this either.....
I am quite prepared to store it at Schloss Swoop for her.:yes: Don't want it falling into the wrong hands now, do we?:wari:

Mully
6th October 2009, 18:47
Of course, Swoop, you could organise a KB whip-around to donate the required cash to buy it for a poor cash-strapped mortgaged-up little scamp like me.....

(Altogether now: "I'm just a poor boy, from a poor family")

Blackbird
6th October 2009, 18:59
Of course, Swoop, you could organise a KB whip-around to donate the required cash to buy it for a poor cash-strapped mortgaged-up little scamp like me.....

(Altogether now: "I'm just a poor boy, from a poor family")

I do have some reservations about any Suzuki owner buying it but I guess anyone's willy can grow a bit :innocent:

Usarka
6th October 2009, 19:18

Dude, now is the time to buy it. Once your hitched you won't be buying any more toys for like ages.....

Swoop
6th October 2009, 19:24
I do have some reservations about any Suzuki owner buying it but I guess anyone's willy can grow a bit :innocent:
That was my initial thoughts. Suzuki riders do tend to crash in a corner, but at least Mully doesn't ride a gsxr!:rofl: I guess he passes.

Mully
6th October 2009, 19:25

Dude, they don't call me "horse" cos I run fast

They call me that because I need a nosebag to have dinner

Dude, now is the time to buy it. Once your hitched you won't be buying any more toys for like ages.....

That's a good point. I could just sort out a loan and give her the papers once it's a done deal
"Here ya go, Sugar Lips. Payments are due on the 20th of every month"

Mully
6th October 2009, 19:27
That was my initial thoughts. Suzuki riders do tend to crash in a corner, but at least Mully doesn't ride a gsxr!:rofl: I guess he passes.

Please, I don't need corners to fall off

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1129227248#post1129227248

Oh, and free bump for Blackbird and that

Swoop
9th October 2009, 09:49
Please, I don't need corners to fall off
Oh, and free bump for Blackbird and that
You had better not fall off of your new Blackbird!
You have been around to get the pre-purchase "fondle & perv" over and done with?

Quiet bump...

Blackbird
9th October 2009, 10:06
You had better not fall off of your new Blackbird!
You have been around to get the pre-purchase "fondle & perv" over and done with?

Quiet bump...

Hahaha - have serious strong interest from a couple of people and neither of them is Mully:rolleyes:. Not going to do anything until I've put a new rear hoop on it though as I'm down to the tread depth indicator.

Blackbird
18th October 2009, 08:46
NOW SOLD (all bar the shouting)

Couldn't think of a better person to take over its care.:clap:

zeocen
19th October 2009, 14:12
Congrats BB!
A great guy like yourself deserves it! Now go and enjoy that yucky Street Triple :D

Blackbird
19th October 2009, 14:22
Congrats BB!
A great guy like yourself deserves it! Now go and enjoy that yucky Street Triple :D

See you on the Loop, young 'un:whistle::rofl:
(Cheers)