PDA

View Full Version : H-D 2010 model launch

Big Dave
28th September 2009, 14:07
XR1200X - Homer noise: arrrggh, arrrggh, arrrggh!

http://kiwiridermagazine.blogspot.com/2009/09/bd-h-d-2010-model-launch.html

YellowDog
28th September 2009, 17:01
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/254582/images/XR1200X.jpg

Is HD losing its way?

HD's strength has always being in sticking with what it knows best. The fancy stuff goes under the Buel marque.

scumdog
28th September 2009, 17:03
Is HD losing its way?

HD's strength has always being in sticking with what it knows best. The fancy stuff goes under the Buel marque.

Workmate bought one - and then took six weeks to let 'the other half' know he had:angry2:

Cool scoot, I'd have one.

Pussy
28th September 2009, 17:28
I had never considered a Harley.... until the XR1200. Cool bike! I'd have to have the orange one

Big Dave
28th September 2009, 17:30
Is HD losing its way?

By offering a range of vehicles that suit various riding conditions?

YellowDog
28th September 2009, 17:40
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

HD don't do that.

I put the picture up as I quite like the lines and the black exhaust pipes.

Have you taken one for a spin?

Big Dave
28th September 2009, 17:52
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

HD don't do that.

I put the picture up as I quite like the lines and the black exhaust pipes.

Have you taken one for a spin?

Yep - as per the report on the blog. Gave one a very good run through the Ottway ranges. Done good. Played strong.

sinned
28th September 2009, 21:00
It just doesn't look like a HD. It may be a very good bike but with the non HD styling (other than the cylinder barrel visual giveaway) it could damage the brand.

scumdog
28th September 2009, 21:02
It just doesn't look like a HD. It may be a very good bike but with the non HD styling (other than the cylinder barrel visual giveaway) it could damage the brand.

I really really doubt it.

cs363
28th September 2009, 21:21
More here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9c6NI32QdU

Big Dave
29th September 2009, 15:08
Nice - I used that with the press release and prices here:
http://krnewsroom.blogspot.com/

Molly
29th September 2009, 20:08
Not too much to get excited about in the '10 range. The new Wide Glide isn't as nice as the old one and the blacked-out Fat Boy's going to have limited appeal.

Think I'd be looking for a pre '03 model so as to keep the timken bottom end and, though not for all models I realise, a carb.

rosie631
29th September 2009, 20:13
I dunno. HD seems to be heading in a new direction. I quite like it. On the other hand Victory seems to be doing what the chopper builders were doing 5 or 10 years ago. Not surprising I guess since Arlen ness has a heavy hand in the design. HD getting back to their roots a bit.
Just my humble opinion. Will prepare to be flamed.

Big Dave
29th September 2009, 20:34
Wide Glide rides a heap nicer than previous incarnation. Different bike.
Same price as 2000 though.

Big Dave
29th September 2009, 20:38
. HD getting back to their roots a bit.
Just my humble opinion. Will prepare to be flamed.

I really like the dark customs. Street Bob would be close to my most desirable bike on the market currently.

I found 2010 models have improved engine performance too. They pull stronger through upper-midrange.

AllanB
29th September 2009, 20:58
It may be a very good bike but with the non HD styling (other than the cylinder barrel visual giveaway) it could damage the brand.

It's a flat tracker style (well kind of) very very Harley D.
I fail to understand why that could not have set the bike up with high pipes at the development stage - alter frame etc to suit. Triumph managed it with the Scrambler.

I'd be more inclined to say that it will aid the brand - been to your local HD dealers on a Saturday lately? At my age (44) it's a great place to go - I feel very young there ;)

Anything that will get some younger (sub 50) riders into the brand is good - that model in particular will satisfy riders who are over the 300km snapped-back sport bike, but do not want a full on cruiser or a retro Japanese naked.

Big Dave
29th September 2009, 22:02
Jack this up a bit, sort some passenger comfort, and it would be tres tasty too.

AD345
4th October 2009, 17:58
... On the other hand Victory seems to be doing what the chopper builders were doing 5 or 10 years ago. Not surprising I guess since Arlen ness has a heavy hand in the design. ....

Tsk

This myth keep popping up.

For the record: Arlen Ness is not part of the Victory design team and never has been.

He and the rest of the Ness family, do get to produce a factory backed "Signature Series" which is a limited model paint job and accessory version that is still completely based on the Victory designs. Similar to the Screaming Eagle series from H-D

The lead designer is Michael Song. A position he has held since 2000 and the creation of the entire current line up can be laid at the door of him and his team.

Arlen Ness does not, has not and will not design Victorys.

He's got his own thing going on