PDA

View Full Version : Biker in battle over “tree ornament”

Bob
13th April 2005, 00:18
A biker in Raleigh, NC is facing a legal battle over an unusual ornament in his garden – a mangled
Suzuki hanging from a tree.

Richard Woodworth has been told by city authorities that the gnarled wreck falls under the category of a “Nuisance motor vehicle” and must be removed – despite Woodworth not living within city limits!

Woodworth is ready to fight "I don't like the city coming here and telling me what to do with my property," he said. "I knew for a fact that I did not live in the city. I did not know I lived in the ETJ. They've got more to do than hassle me."

City inspectors contend that someone could get hurt. City Inspections Director Gene Ellis said "The code stipulates that any public vehicle that may fall is considered a public nuisance," adding that the motorcycle had sharp parts that could injure someone below.

Simple answer? Get Tracey Emin to say it is one of her pieces of ‘art’ and open it up as a pay-to-see exhibition!

Waylander
13th April 2005, 00:58
City Inspections Director Gene Ellis said "The code stipulates that any public vehicle that may fall is considered a public nuisance," adding that the motorcycle had sharp parts that could injure someone below.

This bit is what gets me, under that kind of stipulation ANY motorbike would qualify. Even one on it's stand in a parking lot or driveway, if some dumbas.. arse kid decides he wants to play on it chances are it might fall on him. 'nother knee jerk reaction I think. Stupid politicians.

ajturbo
13th April 2005, 07:29
what about the tree's feelings???
having the "pendant" taken away form it.....

come on ..go and hug it:shake:

Legolas
13th April 2005, 07:58
It doesn't say if the tree is in a private or public place. If it was in a private garden I'd tell em to jump. If it's in a public place then that could be different.
Only things like bloody great pot holes and deisel spills are aloud in public places. :confused:

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Bob
13th April 2005, 09:16
It is in his garden, but as I understand it, it was not fenced off specifically. I believe he is now going to put a picket fence around the tree.