PDA

View Full Version : Restricted in Browns Bay

TerryB
29th September 2009, 14:12
Finally taking my restricted next Monday up in Browns Bay. It's been interesting reading the threads about riders that have taken their test at the same location. I'm looking forward to mine, and letting everyone know the result. I've been scoping out the area on my bike over the last few days. Nothing too difficult. Lots of winding roads and hills. Luckily, I have no problems with hill starts.

I think the biggest problem I have is keeping to the speed limit, especially on the hills. I'll have to pay more attention to the sound the engine makes at a particular speed I think. I don't want to be staring down at my speedo all the time. It'll be interesting to see which course the tester will take me.

mynameis
29th September 2009, 14:19
Try a few gears up, will help ya stick to the speed.

There are a few restricted/full test routes they take from there depends who you get.

Go down to the town, ride around the residential area, will help.

Good luck and there's loads of info on here about practical tests. Search.

p.dath
29th September 2009, 15:26
Any grief then just do the test out at Orewa. Orewa is an easy location for doing the test due to their simple roading.

TerryB
5th October 2009, 14:59
Just sat my restricted in Browns Bay. Don't think it could of been a worse day. Pouring down it was. Instructor was ok. I guess he was just happy with the fact that he was in a car, and not getting rained on. Anyway. went well, and I passed. I think the only problem I had was he took me down a street for a U turn at the same time a learner driver was doing the same thing. Must of been going about 5kph. I was thinking, hurry up before I have to put my foot down, we're going so slow. All good in the end. Looking forward to my full in 3 or 4 months time.